Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want someone to explain the B4 nerf to be, what was the reason for it? He is a decent character but I loved the guard gauge pressure that move would create.

And I agree with 2KKKKKK. I don't know what on earth its for.

For being manly. Whiffing all of the hits after the first one builds about 3 full bars of manly, which Siegfried can then use to make the opponent look like a tiny little girl in a itty-bitty skirt. In hindsight, it's not very useful if he's playing against most of the female cast, I guess...but it's still manly as hell.

I feel so strange when I see so much optimitics posts about this character, when in the same time I feel more desesperate every day hahaha.

I have so much trouble to attack, because to open the guard is hard (weak throw's damage, no wake up), unsafe (SRSH) and the SG game is not reliable (B4 who are you ? :-/ ).

I'm not able to play only a poke zoning defensive game too. The recoveries are too huge, whiff a 3B or B6 is like to die. And because B6/2A/1Kbackdash won't kill enough, especially when the oppenent spams safe starter on the other side.

I'm not able to use stance to press and to confuse, because I'm not able to take everytime a sofa in my opponent's brain to compensate the risk reward.

When I'm at close range I'm lost. 66K and... 66K.

Some MU make me feel that I lost since I select my character. Other character can move so well, are faster, open the guard better, do better damage, are more safe, and someones have almost the same/better range. (aP, Po, Algol, Mitsurugi, Natsu, Patroklos, Pyrrah, Nightmare...)

The only thing I'm able to do, is to poke a little, wait for the enemy's rush, guess right and punish throws with WRB... or to do stupid mind fuck 1k post hit.

Even when sometimes I'm able to do some correct stuff, My character doesn't want to win and whiffs.

I could ask others French Siegfried top player... but I'm alone now. (but I'm not a french top player at all in fact :-p)

I didn't do competition for quite a long time. I don't want to go there again, I'm not able to go out of the pools :-/

Please help me guys, I have no reliable gameplan yet. I'm on the field, I walk, launch random agA... I don't know what to do. hahahaha.

desespoir.jpg

I know how you feel. Unfortunately I have no advice other than... BE MANLY! Lol my game usually consists of agA, 3B, wrB, throws/flapjacks, 1K, B6 SCH B and K, SBH impact and I think im out of decent moves lol... there is more I use but I can't rely on them.

Edit: Ah 66K BE and 3K ok now I'm out lol.

Please help me guys, I have no reliable gameplan yet. I'm on the field, I walk, launch random agA... I don't know what to do. hahahaha.

It's going to sound a bit pessimistic, but you might have to do what I did and drop Siegfried. For me, it was more an issue of fun than viability, and I still keep him around as my tertiary since he's still a solid character that I have a lot of experience. But playing other characters and forgetting about Siegfried might be the best thing for you right now. It doesn't even have to be permanent. Just take a break from him for a few weeks and try your luck with other characters you might be interested - you might find someone you like better and are more successful with, or you might have an epiphany and realize how to make Siegfried work for you again.

(Come play Algol with Sacharja and I!)

Whatever you do, good luck.

I told you, you need to use more Sacharja Finish!

I tried a lot those last days. I have to admit that in this game full of TC,, tech step and backstep, it start to be one of my best friend. One of Siegfried best tool for sure. I like especially the wake up game after CH (1K/3B, and if 1K hit the opponent is BT, so Sacharja finish again)

But well, the main problem is that you came so close, and the other one that some not nice peoples are doing a choice when I cancel, and punish me with launcher, and after wait for the -22 on block. Mind game again to try to be safe.

Why is panto's finish so bad in this game ? (reverso RO punishment ) hahah.

Its actually good advice. Especially if you play as another char (say Maxi :P) vs Sieg. Even if the sieg player is worse than you, you are bound to see (even better, experience) differences at his gameplay.

Personally that worked for me with Cervantes back in sc2 and i have to admit it was really fun. Still that probably requires you to have a friend that plays your char lol

edit: whats the sacharja finish? :P

Btw any of you tried to use his CE as a tool for whiff punishing (like when an opponent whiffs a normal from afar)? It seems effective enough to try and implement

I've noticed the main two characters people seem to be ditching is Leixia and Sieg which is curious and a bit unfortunate you would think Project Soul might consider that means people think they are not too good compared to other members of the cast. I can see why people have been leaving Leixia and I was just playing offline vs Viola and Leixia and boy does Sieg whiff on the smaller female characters shit..... I can see how that would make people stop playing him it was annoying me a fair bit.

Anyway Heaton I'm curious what was it about Siegfried that you found made him not so enjoyable to play anymore?

Edit: I use his CE to punish Ezio crossbow spammers it's hilarious all the yelling they do when Sieg shoots his manly ice and blows their feet off for the K.O.

I don't understand. I played you the other night and you were beating Keev more than half the time? Seemed like you were doing really well.
1) he beat me with about 70% of victory.
2) this last time he is doing some experiment to play with a pad again.

(Come play Algol with Sacharja and I!)

I can't drop Siegfried to play The Briefs King. Hahahah.
So I should just give up ? At least it could be better for my mental health.
(I'm able to play Astaroth, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Patroklos, Aeon, Raphael they are all far better, except raphael, but I don't have as much pleasure as Siegfried...except with raphael...)

What is your definition of a "solid character" ?

I can't drop Siegfried to play The Briefs King. Hahahah.
So I should just give up ? At least it could be better for my mental health.
(I'm able to play Astaroth, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Patroklos, Aeon, Raphael they are all far better, except raphael, but I don't have as much pleasure as Siegfried...except with raphael...)

What is your definition of a "solid character"?

A solid character in this game is someone who can get the job done primarily with the tools they have and not by only having absurd amounts of yomi. For example, someone winning with Rock because they got none of their grabs broken won because of the player themselves - either the Rock player was psychically good or the opponent was really stupid - and not because Rock somehow became solid. But a Siegfried player who wins because he pressures guard well, or a Raphael player who out-spaces his opponent consistently, or a Tira player who consistently gets the best damage off of her mood changes - that is the player making due with the tools he has to win, and in this case they're all solid tools. In this game, I honestly think every character in SCV is solid, though to varying degrees - some are as hard as diamond and others are as hard as cesium, but they're still all solid and viable.

You really should play Raphael, since I believe that more Frenchmen need to show some national pride. Playing him for a while also puts the game in perspective, since he generally needs to be played very defensively to win. Maining him for a while might give you the perspective you need to see what it is you need to do to make Siegfried enjoyable again. It's a long shot, but certainly worhth a try.

edit: whats the sacharja finish? :P

Originally the act of standing up with WS AA directly after a knockdown and ch'ing your completely flabbergasted opponent (even tho you've already done it to him before) to win the round.
These days its pretty much used to refer to WS AA in general.

I donno I think people will bump into problems if they think of sieg as an offensive character that is yomi/mixup based. He isn't played that way. play him that way and he is low tier if you ask me.

Sorry to hear about that panto. Wish i could help.... but not now.... and even then i hope i would be able to help. My sieg's been holding itself very well in the whole Asian region (Korea,Japan,HK,Taiwan). Will see how it does in evo.

Originally the act of standing up with WS AA directly after a knockdown and ch'ing your completely flabbergasted opponent (even tho you've already done it to him before) to win the round.
These days its pretty much used to refer to WS AA in general.

hahaha yes i've been abusing that for ages lol

So what are you all's opinions about 22_88A? I often end up whiffing by like 3 pixels with it. It's nice but it seems like it needs slightly more range to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back