Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the tier list
I didn't really contribute directly to this tier list.
But yes, on my point of view the character is really low. The worse character in the game ? not impossible but hard to be sure. But not far at least.

About the tournament :
Yes, I pick Siegfried. I wanted to try. And I will try again. Even if I'm already thinking to give up, I won't do it so easlier. I'm very happy that my character is back. I will do my best to find solution with him, like I did in SCIV.
Like Sacharja said, I only won because of the knowledge. And I already had a lot of troubles. Against Hayate, I wanted to counter pick too, for a stronger character. But finally, I made the decision to try with Siegfried until the end, to don't give up like this. Even if at this moment I already knew that I was not match for Hayate's Xiba.

About the character :
In france now everyone made the constatation. They nerf him a lot. On my point of view that was not a good idea at all. But I'm still hoping in secret that the time will give reason to Namco.
So in gloality they nerfed :
-Damage
-Throw Damage
-Critical Edge
-Guard burst game
-Block frame
-Hit frame
-TC frame
-traking move (but now some moves are whiffing randomly...)
-movement (worst back step and side step in this game. For me it's the most import nerf they did. It change the gameplay a lot, and make him very more weak. I don't know why Namco consider that this character is not allow to move properly like others. But I'm not game designer, we will see).
-autog-gi frame window
-post-gi game (in fact the GI system is different, not the character. But without details it's a true problem for Siegfried.)
-Clean hit (I'm not sure for this one)

I don't know if it's possible to nerf an other dimension. Some idea ? fortunately they didn't nerf the range (at least I think) who is still amazing.
I'm not saying that every nerf was a bad idea. For the Critical Edge by example, I guess it was not a so bad idea. I just don't understand, why so much nerf ? why everyhting ?
The character was strong, but not S tier for me. In fact he already had some complicate match up.
On my point of view, the character NEED : to do damage, to throw, to move.
Indeed, he still has his weakpoint : unsafe, slow (more than SCIV in general), big recovery. He need to compense them.

Good luck guys.
I hope that someone will be able to show the way to win with this character. I will be his first fanboy. On my side I don't know if I will be able to do it.

But don't be sad. Think about every person who complained about. I'm pretty sure that this nerf will satisfy this mourner community.

man... thats depressing i might save my money and see if they fix these unneccisary nerfs with patches this is like playing metal gear solid 2 only to find out you don't get to play snake your stuck with raiden. i just can't play him like this definitly not online!

Thanks for the post Panto... I respect your opinion... My concerns after messing w/ him were frames and movement... It'll be interesting to see how that pans out... Controlling space is VERY important, and without movement it's hard to do that...

We shall see... Still have a feeling that I'll be making you my #1 fan ;-)

- I.C.E.

Why would a character be nerfed based on such a limited scope of playtesting? You'd think the right thing to do would be to release the characters to the wider gaming population before making any changes.

thats namco for ya nerf the manliest character in the game because he doesn't fit the pretty profile that pat or zwei does. oh yea and pre release whiners this is why i rarely ever get on the hype train for games any more.

Meh.

Despite all of this, I'll still have fun with Siefgried.

Maybe I'll think twice if I'm playing for hours and I haven't won a single round. But somehow I don't think that will be the case. :P

Why would a character be nerfed based on such a limited scope of playtesting? You'd think the right thing to do would be to release the characters to the wider gaming population before making any changes.

this has happened in other games as well. unfortunately, it can actually be a bad thing if your character is (seemingly) top tier in an early, pre-release version of the game because developers (especially namco) are prone to knee jerk responses to deal with any perceived imbalance

namco - knee jerk responses - perceived imbalance

I see. Well, if that is the case here it can just as easily be reversed.

But then again, patches aren't cheap. And rebalancing one character doesn't seem like something that would boost sales of the game. So the chances of that happening are slim to none, it seems.

With all due respect, I don't think such an extensive character nerf could be the fault of two people.

At least I hope not. :P

Maybe, but if anyone was the most public about crying about Sieg, it would be those two.
And I'm brainless?
OMG not safe 3B?! BROKEN. Fuck off was he broken. His entire moveset whilst challenging was manageable. You just couldn't handle Sieg being better than your previously broken main and acted exactly like the whiners responsible for this.
In fact I was talking to one of the people who wrote the guide, who pointed out that Sieg was nerfed in every build to mutual disagreement of everyone involved. You know why? OMG BROKEN!!!1!111!

Normally I'd take it with a grain of salt, but Pantocrator is a well-known Sieg player. If anybody knows, it's him.

But I don't really play at that level. Nor do I aspire to. So, I don't know, I just don't feel that upset by it. I sincerely doubt that the character will be so bad that I'll never win a match. Know what I mean?

And rebalancing one character doesn't seem like something that would boost sales of the game. So the chances of that happening are slim to none, it seems.

In fact, they pretty much confirmed long ago that they would closely follow the game to patch it, balance wise, if necessary. We'll just have to wait, cause if he's really that bad, then he's bound to get a buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back