Siegfried Videos

Comment, critique =P

I haven't done any research, or training yet, I only know what I saw in the videos and I love 3B. He's fun to play, unlike Ivy. How do you guys feel about Voldo matchup?

It's probably nothing new but anyone else experiencing whiffing issues?

His whiffing is pretty insane, I've lost many matches because of it. 3B going through people on wake up, same with 22_88BB, etc. >.<

Comment, critique =P

I haven't done any research, or training yet, I only know what I saw in the videos and I love 3B. He's fun to play, unlike Ivy. How do you guys feel about Voldo matchup?

nice job ring! you already have a pretty solid grasp on sieg it seems! im impressed!

some things i'd like to touch on:
66B can be nice as a TS evade, or even for forcing your opponent to block, but remember its still super punishable on block. however, a nice way to avoid this, and even regain the advantage is to use the move near moderate-tip range, the move spaces pretty well on block, and since most punishment moves dont have the range to punish the move, they'll whiff, allowing you at least a mixup. its also OK as an oki option if ur looking to inflict guard damage and track rolling to one side, but even then, sieg has both better and safer options he could use. however if you can consistently space it right, so long as the matchup warrants it there's no reason to not try to use the move when the situation arises.

lol ring @ around 3:00...SBH A ~ 3B is a combo. you didnt need to mix up after that lol.

66A is really nice if you can get it blocked, or even better if you can hit your opponent, but remember that it's not exactly optimal for step killing, and due to its slow speed its reactable. get dependant on it, and you'll be eating alot of WR's, and in the end you'll have a very bad day lol. however this move has decent aGI properties vs horizontals (i think maybe highs? not sure...) and on top of that it TC's.

also, because sieg has a strong front dash, stepping towards your opponent can really be a good way to get them to duck for your mids out of fear for your grabs. and if they dont duck, well i guess you really do get a grab lol.

also, SCH B is + on block. if he wants to AA after that, thats a free CH 6K/66K + oki/mixup.

also dont be afraid to make your opponent block a good handful of SCH B's even if you're not looking for offensive opportunity. they're alright-ish vs wakeup, they're safe, and they do good gauge damage.

other than that, well i guess, more iagA, but then again it wasnt really needed in this particular match either.

ur execution was strong

ur poking game was strong

but anyways you did very well, especially for someone who hasnt deeply looked into sieg yet!

other than that, you're definately on the right track to beasting MANfried. with a little practice and research, you'll definately be a top tier sieg player. ^-^ these may have been the flaws that i pointed out, but since that's all thats here, and there's so much more empty space that isnt full, it means you're doing alot of things right IMO

also yea sieg has really bad whiffing issues sometimes. even if nothing else happens to buff him or w/e, i at least hope they fix the whiffing.

...so tired...must sleep...XD

Thanks for the advice! I just started with him yesterday. Still don't know combos and FD but now that I FINALLY realized how fun he is to play, I'm not gonna stop. I will definitely improve. First thing would be to learn his stances, I only know what SCH is :P SCH B is my favorite move to spam due to its insane damage, but it also whiffs sometimes.

So far I noticed that he has tons of really dangerous step killers: 6A, 3A, iagA, 22_88A (lol is this one safe? seems to be a bit too good, does it have any flaws? I noticed it TCs) etc there are probably more but I still haven't discovered them. Now that step G doesn't exist those moves are really strong.

Is 3B, SCH K BE, iagA is the strongest combo you get from 3B? (except CE)

22_88A is indeed safe. it TC's as well. its only real downfalls are perhaps its speed from neutral, and its somewhat deceptive range. however there's also really not alot you can do after its blocked, but again, at least ur safe. 3B combo's if your near a wall without splatting)

i think it is the strongest combo you can get from 3B, or at least it is as far as i know, maybe you'll find something i overlooked in the combo thread or w/e. but boy it sure would be fun to get a wall splat with that...^-^

Basically, what Slayer said. Also, use more B4 (latest input). It's probably one of his best moves; +10 on block, crushes in 6-7, and the fastest version (latest input) comes out extremely fast. Learn it, use it, love it.

As for Voldo, I haven't played too many competent Voldos yet, but I like the matchup. Voldo still has bad step, which can save your moves from whiffing a bit. He also gets punished extremely hard for whiffing against you - his FC 3A+B, CR B, and 2A+B all leave him extremely open when blocked or evaded. You can also keep him out fairly well with the usual tools (6B, B6, agA), which can make him take risks with his riskier distance closers.

Welcome to the team.

B4 is +10? Wow. I'm definitely gonna try it now that there is no normal GI :p When I played against Pantocrator in SC4 I always tried to GI B4 variations.

Thanks!

Wanna see me get RAPED by Ramon and miss a really key post jG punish that I've been practicing for since the game dropped? Of course you do. (06:00)

7.19 just loled:D Have you been waiting for time up?:D That missed jG punish had to hurt... Nevertheless, Phyrra is a good joke in this game. Apart from OP moves I cant stand here look as well as here idiotic screams xD Any similiar feelings from you guys?

is there a way to repair your "guard meter" or whatever it is called here?:D I believe, 4G impact in SCIV did so. I see you lost a second fight because of guard break, which had to hurt... Awesome Siegfried play nevertheless. On the other hand - extreme variety of moves on phyrra side. Zero stabs. Zero throws. Zero shield bashes, im impressed.

7.19 just loled:D Have you been waiting for time up? That missed jG punish had to hurt... Were you waiting for a time up?:D Nevertheless, Phyrra is a good joke in this game. Aparto from OP moves I cant stand here look as well as here idiotic screams xD Any similiar feelings from you guys?
Yea I was waiting for the time-up. It was retarded - I figured I'd just break his throw attempt and be all set. Guessed wrong. And YES. The jG punishment that I've been training for for 3 weeks never came. AGH.

Wanna see me get RAPED by Ramon and miss a really key post jG punish that I've been practicing for since the game dropped? Of course you do. (06:00)
not bad at all nightblade. you got a solid sieg.

a few notes, make of them what you will:

its good to back off when you have a life lead, but i wouldnt rely on time to win, since anything can happen in a matter of seconds (especially with how high the damage is in this game.) dont get hitched on that "finishing blow" either, remember you're opponent will still be fighting as hard as they can to beat you, and you have to be prepared to answer almost everything they got. sometimes a simple poke just isnt enough.

be careful about predictably entering stance off 2B? (or was that B?) since the move is safe on block anyways, and in 2B's case, forces crouch on hit i believe. try doing this especially if you see a pyrrha 236Bing you for it after, its a nice way to try to score blocked 236B's for punishment/mixup(yea yea, he cant punish it that hard unless he has meter for 66kA+B+K, but you know, you take what you can get, right?)

round 2: you gotta respond to those 1K's somehow man, you cant eat em over n over like that. whether it be interrupting, blocking, jumping, backstepping(though i think you were too close to the wall for this) you gotta play an active role in reverse mixup to avoid being beat on like that.

try to hit confirm your wallsplats a little better. 22_88A doesnt have a terribly far splat range. you probablu could have gone for a rushdown tactic/oki mixup there which may have changed the outcome of that fight.

smart move with being patient and letting him come to you, but on the other hand, dont let him come in for free either. try to fish an agA or a 3A in there for KND and some spacing/combo opportunities.

all in all though, i think you did really well. IMO you just gotta get a better handle on when and where to be agressive, and when and where to turtle up. if you've got a good flow going, dont be afraid to press the offense. always look for places where you can fit your heavier hitting/stronger moves into place, especially since alot of them KND. 3A at about mid range is pretty good vs pyrrha since its safe at that distance, KND's and combos on hit for either oki pressure or spacing, and also keeps step in check to an extent. remember that range > frames ;)

also i wouldnt bet a match on punishing pyrrha 66bA+B+K when you can just iRCC step punish it(easier than just guarding it IMO), or even GI it if you have the meter.

but anyways very GG bro. i cant imagine the nerves it took to get up on stream like that. you did well.

Recover Crouching Cancel (RCC)

RCC is used as a technique to cancel your recovery into a neutral position. This merely means that certain moves that leave you in a crouch (Recover Crouch or RC) can therefore end in a neutral position using RCC.

so basically you iRCC, then you step. iRCC step.

Thanks Slayer. Honestly, I am pretty good at handling tourney nerves for the most part. I've played a lot of Japanese and Korean Tekken players that were the best at their respective characters back when I played Tekken in tourneys, so I'm aware of the mental toughness it takes to fight someone with the title of 'the best of' whatever character. As soon as I saw Ramon play on stream on day -1 of SCV's release, I knew I had to train to fight him, because I always ALWAYS end up with some of the best in my bracket. Unfortunately, however, in the end I froze up at the end of Round 1. I feel like I could have easily taken it, had I done something - anything other than stand there.

Round 2 was balls. As a former Tekken player, you learn to take poke lows in stride, and only look for the big, sweeping lows you can react to - and punish. Unfortunately, Ramon has a very good mind. I think he knew I was standing my ground, and tested me. I was afraid he was baiting a 1K from me so he could just block and AS B:4. Gotta get back in the lab.

Yeah, I actually trained to punish 66B BE post jG in a few different ways. The easiest being 66B, and the riskiest of which being QS 8B+K SCH B into tech trap or free 3B. Does the most dmg out of any punish. I simply went autopilot while trying to think of what to do next, then mind-fucked myself, lol. I hope I fight him again at EVO.

This was actually my first SC major I participated in since 2003. I've been to a lot of them and gotten casuals in, or helped TO or whatever, but it's been a while otherwise. I placed 17th - and I'm relatively happy with that. Hopefully top 16 at least at EVO.

Recover Crouching Cancel (RCC)

RCC is used as a technique to cancel your recovery into a neutral position. This merely means that certain moves that leave you in a crouch (Recover Crouch or RC) can therefore end in a neutral position using RCC.

so basically you iRCC, then you step. iRCC step.

thanks for explanation. Could you tell me how to do it pretty please? I mean the input thing. Or to send me a link to a thread where that explanation is? Cause I cant find it...

Back