Siegfried Videos

Nightblade was pretty good in the beginning of first round, but it went down hill after the end of round 1... which wasn't Nightblade's fault, becasue in my opinion, Pyrrha (Omega) is the natural enemy of Siegfried. Pyrrha's damage and 236 moves make her different from other fast characters like LeiXia or Natsu.

I think the footage reflected the match up quite clearly. Against Pyrrha, most of Siegfrieds damaging moves are too risky. When Pyrrha sees a 3B from Siegfried, she can just throw out 236B which dodges SCH A, SCH K and punishes SCH B. When one of Siegfrieds major moves can't be respected, Siegfried players are "forced" to throw out his limited selections of faster and safer moves (such as 1K, which are unfortunately short ranged), Pyrrha then can get into her comfortable range and pressure Siegfried like breakfast. At grab range, it pretty much eliminates all Siegfried's mix ups, since it takes time to get into stances and Pyrrha doesn't have to wait. In the end, Siegfried is forced to play Pyrrhas mix up game and hope for counter attacks without many options to crack Pyrrha.

I hope the developer can some how give Siegfried some tools to play with, such as a punch like Nightmares 6K, faster back step or even higher guard damages... As for now, I think it's very difficult to effectively back step to create distance. I would rather look for a knock down with 6A or push the opponents back with 6B...

I had a fun ranked match with an A3 Yoshimitsu last night, while I didn't do anything impressive I thought I would share it with my fellow Siegfried players:

"Why do bad things happen to good people?​
Seems that life is just a constant war between good and evil."​
- Gang Starr, "Moment of Truth"​
lold. this doesnt work on her? I know I did ring out this way a couple of times, but I cant say for sure whether I did it on pyhrra or not:D

B4 is super satisfying to end a match with. Nice one Heaton, that was against Ramon if I'm not mistaken?

B4 is super satisfying to end a match with. Nice one Heaton, that was against Ramon if I'm not mistaken?

It was, and it was about the 7th or 8th run back he did. He vowed not to leave until he beat me, but then that happened and he called it quits. It felt pretty good. B4 is probably one of the few things Siegfried has going for him.

Can I convince you to add some nuggets of wisdom in the Pyrrha matchup? I'm sure many of us find that match a tad harder than others in this game.

A few bullet points:
  • She can only really kill step at farther than close range with 66A, which has pitiful range and is pretty much SBH auto-GI bait. 8WayRun with impunity and know that you're safe for the most part.
  • SCH A at a distance spaces a lot of close range fighters out pretty well, but the problem with it is that it's :H::M: instead of :M::H:, which means if you space it incorrectly (or you're fighting that streetwalking cocksucker Ω) you're going to be eating a tech crouching punisher.
  • On the topic of spacing and baiting, using 4B+K and then following up with SSH BBB can be extremely effective because of her poor range compared to yours. Keep yourself at tip range with everything before you transition, and you might just catch a poorly-timed 236B of hers with your sword instead of your gut.
  • Punish the shit out of her if she thinks you're too stupid to do anything against her 66B(BE). Just Guard, 66B, Quick Step, I don't care, just do SOMETHING to let her know you're not brain dead.
  • Don't get 3(B) blocked if you can help it, ESPECIALLY if you have no meter. Simple advice, I know, but against blocked 3(B) she can just 236B to beat everything except SCH KK. If you did SCH KK, the second hit will go right over her head, exposing your nice, delicious abdomen ripe for the stabbing. She can also auto-GI SBH k(BE) for free with her A+B, but you can take that on a person-by-person basis if they're not clever enough.
  • Against 1K spam and other general annoying pokes, it might not be a bad idea to trade some life for better spacing. Jumping away after 1K on hit will either evade another 1K, or be hit by AA, 4K, or some other poke, which enables air control and sends you flying. Not the best course of action, but you absolutely have to be proactive in getting her off of you - there's no safe option that beats all of hers.
  • As a final point, you out-damage her, and the only way she's going to beat you is if she gets up in your face and you let her play her game. Keep her where YOU are most comfortable, and punish her for when she does screw up - eating 1B has a sort of "humbling" effect on your opponent that makes them much more wary about sticking their neck out, and it will make you look very cool.
Honestly, I think a lot of this is more anti-Ramon than it is anti-Pyrrha, since that match in particular was really just me making some good player-to-player reads instead of player-to-character reads, but if someone finds these tips to be of use, then godspeed.

"Why do bad things happen to good people?​
Seems that life is just a constant war between good and evil."​
- Gang Starr, "Moment of Truth"​

That video made me smile. Two fails that should not have happened... And the response at the end is just awesome.

I wonder if 3(B) was actually supposed to hit grounded. I honestly see it whiff more than it hits. And that is no exaggeration.

PS: When i fight pyrrha i love to auto GI her strings with SBH and punish the shit out of her, of course your opponent has to be retarded to do it multiple times but whatever.
Its still kind of hard for me to do it on reaction but well practice, practice, practice.

PS: When i fight pyrrha i love to auto GI her strings with SBH and punish the shit out of her, of course your opponent has to be retarded to do it multiple times but whatever.
Its still kind of hard for me to do it on reaction but well practice, practice, practice.
This is a very good anti-Pyrrha strat if you know what to look for. Best things to look out for are the followups to AS A, 4A, and her different BE attacks, since the strings cannot be stopped. Reacting to anything else is just asking to be stabbed. Totally worth it if you can score the damage, though.

This ramon dude is a friggin solid pyrrha, much respect.
One thing though: When you 3(B) at tip-range, can she reach you at all with her stab? If not, baiting out a stab and then punishing with SCH B sounds like it could work. Correct me if wrong.

Heh, if you're at range 3, 3(B) is indeed safe, but that goes for sieg vs. anybody. It's a nice idea in theory, but you have to have very good basics and space control if you want to get this more than once every 3 rounds. SCH B is indeed safe, but it also has major tracking issues, so it could easily be stepped if the opponent is aware of their spacing as well after the blocked 3(B). They'll just step if they're smart. If they're closer, that's more of a mix-up, but in order to be able to punish a stab attempt, you have to be beyond the threat of SCH A even hitting, so this tactic has its limits.

That is true. But when youre good at spacing, it gives you many possibilites vs pyrrha aswell. You dont have to neccessarily follow up 3(B), heck, you could even make it 3B without stance swap. What is she gonna do? She cant close in recklessly because of the potential follow-up A/B and she cant punish it. Worth practicing imo as it basically has no downsides.
Just needed to point this out since the discussion made it look like the move is useless vs pyrrha.

That is true. But when youre good at spacing, it gives you many possibilites vs pyrrha aswell. You dont have to neccessarily follow up 3(B), heck, you could even make it 3B without stance swap. What is she gonna do? She cant close in recklessly because of the potential follow-up A/B and she cant punish it. Worth practicing imo as it basically has no downsides.
Just needed to point this out since the discussion made it look like the move is useless vs pyrrha.

I urge caution when using 3(B) at tip against her. Pyrrha players just recently re-discovered that her 236B gives a crumple stun at tip range without her actually doing the stab animation, a la tip range Sophitia TAS B in SC4. I haven't tested yet, but I believe that 3(B)'s tip range is about the range that Pyrrha needs to be at to get it. I'm not totally sure on this since this tech was discovered yesterday and it's still fresh. Just be wary.

Back