Siegfried Videos

hey guys! won my 1st tournament today, and figured i'd post the stream vid here:

feel free to advise/criticize all you like.

also, damn tournament nerves were hard on me. my hands were shaking the whole damn time lol. not to mention my execution wasnt the greatest, but i blame xbox for that lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/edmontongamers/b/311993080

and the bracket:
http://challonge.com/keepclassy2sc5
the win/loss in grand finals of course is incorrect. it was a best 3/5 for finals, and i beat Jargen 3-2. it was a close match, and we were both nervous as hell lol.

Im on Player 2 side for the entire stream. not by preference, but just because for whatever reason the p1 slot was controlling the p2 character, and i happened to be sitting on the left the whole time.

Match 1 @ 0:25:00 - the names are mislabled on this match. im actually player two, but they labeled the stream player one because i was sitting on the left

Match 2 @ 0:49:32

Match 3 @ 1:22:20(grand finals) - they didnt change the names for the stream here until about 1:27:00, however, obviously im the Siegfried player. Jargen is the astaroth player.

All in all, i came in 1st, and Jargen came in second, and Stb Shujinkydink got 3rd

Congrats slayer. Nice to hear a sieg managed to win something. I bet it will be the last tourney for some time.
I'll go and get some popcorn and watch some nice sieg matches then.

Sieg is broken, it won a tournament so automatic goes to top tier, and i heard a tira called hyrule, won the big tourney in europe, so tira its top too.

Interesting vid slayer.

General comment :

-Be carefull about 22BB. It can really whiff for nothing. If you really want to use it for zoning and wake up, don't forget that you can confirm the hit with the delay and stay safe.
-If you want to use SCH B after a delai, don't hesitate to "replace" yourself with 2 or 8 to avoid a whiff.
-After the combo CH 3(B) SCH B, you should optimisate you wake up. Make wake your opponent with 3B and 2A+B (don't sur if it will still work for this one after the patch). After throw him.
-You should use SSH more often. For back dash or mix up. SSH BBB is a nice damage source for Siegfried.
-When you're almost sur that you will lost a round, you shouldn't waste your meter. Especially because Siegfried need it more than others character.
-After SRSH and SBH : 22BB whiff less often than 88BB.
-You should use other zoning tool more often like agA, B4 and 3A.
-After SCH B on block you should keep the preasure with fast move like 1K, 66K, 6A.
-you should work the agA JF. Now Siegfried need execution like aP to have "normal" damage.

Against Astaroth :

-you should punish every throws and highs whiff by WS B (that's true for against every character; but especially against Astaroth). A least Siegfried is strong for this. If you don't have meter WS (B) SCH B is combo on Astaroth (and some others character, but less consistant).
-During the freeze of the CE, you can do 66K (not sure if it will still works after the patch)
-More SRSH
-Against 44(A) you should try to use B+K
-You can punish 1AA with the CE

Sieg is broken, it won a tournament so automatic goes to top tier, and i heard a tira called hyrule, won the big tourney in europe, so tira its top too.

Why when people want to complain there are going here ?
Firtst : We already hosted Ivy's mourners, no thanks for the Nightmare's ones. Sorry.
Second : Hyrule won the UK Finale and the EU finale because he counter pick for Natsu. Sorry again.

Interesting vid slayer.

General comment :

-Be carefull about 22BB. It can really whiff for nothing. If you really want to use it for zoning and wake up, don't forget that you can confirm the hit with the delay and stay safe.
-If you want to use SCH B after a delai, don't hesitate to "replace" yourself with 2 or 8 to avoid a whiff.
-After the combo CH 3(B) SCH B, you should optimisate you wake up. Make wake your opponent with 3B and 2A+B (don't sur if it will still work for this one after the patch). After throw him.
-You should use SSH more often. For back dash or mix up. SSH BBB is a nice damage source for Siegfried.
-When you're almost sur that you will lost a round, you shouldn't waste your meter. Especially because Siegfried need it more than others character.
-After SCH B on block you should keep the preasure with fast move like 1K, 66K, 6A.
-you should work the agA JF. Now Siegfried need execution like aP to have "normal" damage.

Against Astaroth :

-you should punish every throws and highs whiff by WS B (that's true for against every character; but especially against Astaroth). A least Siegfried is strong for this. If you don't have meter WS (B) SCH B is combo on Astaroth (and some others character, but less consistant).
-During the freeze of the CE, you can do 66K (not sure if it will still works after the patch)
-More SRSH

Why when people want to complain there are going here ?
Firtst : We already host Ivy's mourners, no thanks for the Nightmare's ones. Sorry.
Second : Hyrule won the UK Finale and the EU finale because he counter pick for Natsu. Sorry again.
Wao my friend so much hate, if you didnt undestand where i come from with this, investigate first, im saying this cause in this community the only thing you need for a char to be top tier is to win a tourney, first investigate then quote, peace.

I don't need to investigate, I'm reading that people are wrinting over and over again about tier since September. You are loosing your time to explain that to a Siegfried player. :)
And again it's still not the good place to complain about this community and Night's futur nerf.
Here, in Siegfried SA there is only rage and hate. And I guess it will be worse soon hahahaha. You should really run away.

I don't need to investigate, I'm reading that people are wrinting over and over again about tier since September. You are loosing your time to explain that to a Siegfried player. :)
And again it's still not the good place to complain about this community and Night's futur nerf.
Here, in Siegfried SA there is only rage and hate. And I guess it will be worse soon hahahaha. You should really run away.
Look if kilik wins a tourney is top tier plain and simple, get my point, not talking about the top players, but the casuals that think that a char wins a tourney and is top tier just because. O and i dont think is bad sorry.

Interesting vid slayer.

General comment :

Against Astaroth :

-More SRSH
thanks for the advice panto, i've got alot to work on, and im glad you helped point that out.

about agA execution, im usually pretty good about it, but im very uncomfortable doing it on an xbox controller. its for this reason that im thinking about switching over to stick. as for the CE, heh i really wasnt used to seeing it, so it caught me off guard. but thanks again. i'll be sure to hit the lab tomorrow. perhaps next time i'll be able to put on a better show ;)

You were being sarcastic about winning a tournament automatically knocking a character up a tier level, right Omega...?

You were being sarcastic about winning a tournament automatically knocking a character up a tier level, right Omega...?
NightBlade this point is for you!! All of all OMEGA is just being sarcastic about the fact that in this community all TOURNEY WINNERS CHARACTERS are top tiers because you know they won a TOURNAMENT using it! it must be TOP or BROKEN or NEEDS A NERF in the next patch!!

Pantocrator don't be so rigid man; chill out! By the Way here is a video from the last DR tournament, when I have to faced the best Nightmare in the world(this is the real Nightmare since SC3)... Enjoy.

Some commentary:
  • Dear God, does he have a bomb strapped to him that will explode if he's out of SCH for more than 5 seconds?
  • Dear God, does that Yoshi player have a bomb strapped to him that will explode if he actually interrupts something post 3(B)?
  • 1:20 IND mixups are killed by SCH B. Like, the entire stance is.
  • He uses 3(B) like it's going out of fucking style or something. And they're not punishing him for it. What the fuck, Japan?
  • 4:39 for .5 meter he could have ended it there with SCH k(BE)
  • 5:35 Japan's ignorance of Siegfried shines here.
  • 7:13 Does Japan stop spamming 3(B) against Pyrrha, a character who can just AA you? LOL NO
  • 10:07 I really like that Natsu player for being the first one to not be a moron against 3(B). Too bad it had to come after already giving up two rounds.
I can't stand to commentate anymore because this is just sad. I will admit he has his JagA down, but that just means that he's put a lot of time into that. I've seen online players be more conservative with 3(B) than him, and the way his opponents eat that is just pathetic. They have no anti-Siegfried whatsoever, and they look incredibly amateurish.

Last edited by a moderator:
ACtually, that is a realy really good sieg. Heaton, i've seen your sieg and I think you can learn a lot from the stuff he's doing, although I won't disagree that some of your points are valid.... but not all are... ... I'll elaborate another time. Its late now

Mochi-A's rape face was most amusing. I didn't even notice that when I was watching the livestream. Too busy cheering for you, "Punto". =7
Too bad you couldn't stop the Japanese ace-in-the-hole, SAITOH-SAN, to complete the OCV. But I guess that would've only made Daishi nerf him harder.

This SA is the face of you Siegfried players. All you do is whine. Even your combos thread is not organized in any way, even though some players contribute. If I want to learn your char its easier for me to check combos myself, then go through this shitty SA.

Just a few quick things you can learn from this vid:
CH 3B~SCH B into quick dash FC A_B+G = forced block. this KD is untechable. if you roll back sieg will pick you up. if you roll side you will get launched by FC throw as if standing.

2A+G into 22_88B hits otg, back,left roll. tracks right ukemi.

22_88A into 22_88BB can only escabe by back ukemi

far range CH 3B into 6B+K~RSH mixup is unavoidable if opponent side ukemi. (interestingly you can force them block sch K* on back ukemi here (they cannot GI, but can JG)

SCH B CE combo for 107 dmg

Some nice setups into sidethrow off a:G:A KD (not shown here, but thats probably what he was going for)

and many other things. I will not even name all you can learn from this vid for the sake of stubborness.

3B is a TC mid with + on guard and hit (SCH B forced block and damage gauge)
Lots of dmg on CH , if you've got bar on NH too.
ag:A is a fast stepkiller with + on guard.
Not good enogh for you I guess. Siegfried if low tier after all.

Japanese ingnorance shines so bright its even blinding. Yoshi doing 214A to stop siegfried stance, wtf? Yes it kills all options but 4 or ~G but its not good enough for Heaton.
Yes Pyrrha is such a terrible matchup, right, even thoug AA'ing stance result in tradehit with K (neutral on trade) and thats' exactly what this Pyrrha was doing everytime. Even with on block 2A+B~2B+K (right sidestep) of 236B is pretty unimpressive.

Such strong points i wonder why the hell the char isnt top tier... rofl
Do you expect an answer or do you feel that you have proven that Sieg is underestimated by us etc? because you forget a few important things like his movement, tracking, speed, safety and judge just by watching ppl who dont know wtf to do vs Sieg. We may aswell say that Maxi is top tier because "he just presses buttons" as ppl say

Back