Siegfried Videos

Or the fact that I mained siegfried in SCIV, lol.

Really? Wow, I couldn't tell from the video - that Siegfried player was totally amatuer.

0:16 - Cancelling SCH? Really? That's not the manly way at all.
0:40 - You can't even dropkick yourself out? Wow, that's bad.
1:27 - The manliest combo ender is 22BB, not 66B.
1:40 - Post Guard Break, iWR (B) does more damage. CE also combos after SCH k(BE).
5:55 - Why in the world do people get so dumb against BT SCH?
6:35 - 236B can't be aGI'd by his CE - next time just let it roll and smack him in the face.

Hey guys, I found a video of some interesting stuff I had found earlier on.
However, this guy has found something even better. 3B into a BE feint, for those times you just wanna screw with your opponents minds.
Enjoy

It's crazytalk, but it might work in a critical moment.
Some people I play with are now either JGing SCH kBE or Pyrrha A+B typing it, now I need to know what options are available during SBH feints. Does this only work with SCH kBE~B+K, or can we get something meaty like SCH kBE, 6B+K (assuming SBH B can't be neated during the baited Pyrrha A+B).

Imminent shenanigans inbound.

I think this might be very useful - more useful than the SCH K ~ B+K feint. Take, for example, using this in tandem with SRSH and tech traps from it. Post 3(B) and the flash, your opponent is going to be looking for the second hit of SCH k(BE), or if they know a bit, the first hit of SCH K and then a flash into a different stance. Going straight from 3(B) to SRSH completely subverts what their brain has prepared them for, and is going to make scoring SRSH K that much easier. Coupled with tech traps from SRSH K, you might be able to get away with something like this:

3(B)~ kA+B+K ~ 6B+K ~ SRSH K ~ 2B+K ~ SCH k(BE) ~ JagA

With something like that you're mixing them up in stance, mixing them up post SRSH, and you're still getting the Brave Edge you spent your good meter for since the SCH k(BE) is still "free". This way is probably the most viable way to use the glitch, though it's also probably the most difficult to do - timing this without getting an automatic SCH k(BE) is a bit of a hassle. Practice makes perfect, however.

I think this might be very useful - more useful than the SCH K ~ B+K feint. Take, for example, using this in tandem with SRSH and tech traps from it. Post 3(B) and the flash, your opponent is going to be looking for the second hit of SCH k(BE), or if they know a bit, the first hit of SCH K and then a flash into a different stance. Going straight from 3(B) to SRSH completely subverts what their brain has prepared them for, and is going to make scoring SRSH K that much easier. Coupled with tech traps from SRSH K, you might be able to get away with something like this:

3(B)~ kA+B+K ~ 6B+K ~ SRSH K ~ 2B+K ~ SCH k(BE) ~ JagA

With something like that you're mixing them up in stance, mixing them up post SRSH, and you're still getting the Brave Edge you spent your good meter for since the SCH k(BE) is still "free". This way is probably the most viable way to use the glitch, though it's also probably the most difficult to do - timing this without getting an automatic SCH k(BE) is a bit of a hassle. Practice makes perfect, however.

Is it free? I'm not near my box, but from the video it seemed that the feint took a half meter.

Is it free? I'm not near my box, but from the video it seemed that the feint took a half meter.

The feint takes half a meter, but then the subsequent SCH k(BE) is free - you're technically cancelling SCH k(BE) while still using meter for it, and not actually using A+B+K to cancel the stance.

One thing i noticed though, when you use the taunt you cant use SBH BE whatsoever, until you get out of stance. Keep that in mind.

Some people I play with are now either JGing SCH kBE or Pyrrha A+B typing it, now I need to know what options are available during SBH feints. Does this only work with SCH kBE~B+K, or can we get something meaty like SCH kBE, 6B+K (assuming SBH B can't be neated during the baited Pyrrha A+B).

Imminent shenanigans inbound.

Siegfried - The only character that must waste half of his meter just for a potential mixup. lol

Siegfried - The only character that must waste half of his meter just for a potential mixup. lol
If you think about that, it's actually quite powerful. Brave Edge moves are strong, but in a sense quite weak in this game. There are no moves in this game that are more telegraphed than BE's. They are absolute. As soon as you see the yellow spark, you KNOW what is coming. Natsu will ALWAYS A throw when you see the spark, etc. It makes situations predictable, and easier to react to. Sieg may be the only exception to that rule, which at high level could be extremely useful. If you're sitting on 2 full meters in tourney play and are playing someone who steps/jG's the second hit of SCH kA+B+K every time, thinkin they're nice for it, you can skull fuck their brain.

Also, I figured this actually belongs in the Sieg Vids thread - I originally made it to answer Heaton's request. But technology is technology, no matter how potentially useless it is, lol.

If you think about that, it's actually quite powerful. Brave Edge moves are strong, but in a sense quite weak in this game. There are no moves in this game that are more telegraphed than BE's. They are absolute. As soon as you see the yellow spark, you KNOW what is coming. Natsu will ALWAYS A throw when you see the spark, etc. It makes situations predictable, and easier to react to. Sieg may be the only exception to that rule, which at high level could be extremely useful. If you're sitting on 2 full meters in tourney play and are playing someone who steps/jG's the second hit of SCH kA+B+K every time, thinkin they're nice for it, you can skull fuck their brain.

That's why brave edges shouldn't be thrown out willy-nilly. Of course, there are exceptions like Aeon's 1B BE, Mitsu's 2K,B BE, etc. In my opinion, brave edges should mainly be used for combo extension and damage. Look at Pyrrha's 66B BE. Good players only use it now after guard breaks and/or landing a 44B. The rest of the meter is saved for CEs.

I understand that this does open up a new avenue for Siegfried (albeit small), but it's not going to change that much for him. From the video, it's not that hard to spot the fact that Sieg cancels the knee and stance changes. Now, it would be different if you could cancel it into a non-stance standing position, because then grabs would be a threat.

EDIT

Ah, the next SCH K BE is free after the cancel? That's pretty legit then. Carry on.

Not to come down hard on anyone for not knowing a character they don't play, but this has been discussed at least two times prior both here and here; I'm fairly certain the glitch and a good number of its possible applications are known to most Siegfried players by now. I think I'll just make a new topic for discussion since things seem to get lost in the General Discussion thread.

That's why brave edges shouldn't be thrown out willy-nilly. Of course, there are exceptions like Aeon's 1B BE, Mitsu's 2K,B BE, etc. In my opinion, brave edges should mainly be used for combo extension and damage. Look at Pyrrha's 66B BE. Good players only use it now after guard breaks and/or landing a 44B. The rest of the meter is saved for CEs.

I understand that this does open up a new avenue for Siegfried (albeit small), but it's not going to change that much for him. From the video, it's not that hard to spot the fact that Sieg cancels the knee and stance changes. Now, it would be different if you could cancel it into a non-stance standing position, because then grabs would be a threat.

EDIT

Ah, the next SCH K BE is free after the cancel? That's pretty legit then. Carry on.
Throwing BE's out has nothing to do with my point. I'm talking about opponents reacting to BE's that are somehow blocked - why they were blocked is irrelevant. It is understood by people that actually play the character that instances like this do occur, and that opponents are always on the lookout for free punish damage. It's pretty evident to me, because I play the character. Run along now, ye non-reader of posts.

Throwing BE's out has nothing to do with my point. I'm talking about opponents reacting to BE's that are somehow blocked - why they were blocked is irrelevant. It is understood by people that actually play the character that instances like this do occur, and that opponents are always on the lookout for free punish damage. It's pretty evident to me, because I play the character. Run along now, ye non-reader of posts.

I'm diggin' the passive aggressive, condescending tone in your post. I must've forgotten that having a "Premium Supporter" banner really goes to people's heads.

I knew exactly what you were saying. My point was that it seemed almost like a waste of meter... that was until I re-read that the next BE was free. Hit-confirming a 3B/WR B or using the meter for wall combos still seems like a smarter investment in the long run. Until I see this new technology in action, that may or may not change my mind.

And I use Sieg too. Don't instantly assume I stick to Astaroth. lol

You responded to "this feint is potentially strong in certain situations" with "you shouldn't throw BE's out nilly-willy."

You need practice conveying your points, because it sounded to me like you were bringing completely unrelated things (premium supporter? lol.) into your argument in response to me in the first paragraph, thus ignoring my own point. My reaction was pretty natural.

I don't mind that you don't think it's a great investment. In mid level play, I would agree, but Siegfried's whole schtick is that he can cancel a bunch of his moves into stances, making things "safe". The more things you can cancel, the better off you are, because of the more situations you can cover.

It's great that you can detect the tone in which my posts are written, but you made a pretty rude post yourself - intentional or not. Everybody knows it's a potential waste of meter, but it's a chance to reset the damage scale, thus score more damage than you would normally would for as much (or less) meter.

P.S. I'd like an apology in my message box please, sir. 12 point font - for God's sake use a Header for the date. Thank you.

Don King Tournament Single elimination, FT5.
Still loosing, hahah.
But like usual, any advice is welcome. Especially against Dina.

Back