Siegfried

Jaxel

Administrator
Siegfried Schtauffen
sigSC6art1.jpg
Character
Debut: Soul Edge/Blade
Voice (E): Ted D'Agostino (SC2, as Nightmare)
Crispin Freeman (SC3)
Roger Craig Smith (SC4-5)
Kirk Thornton (SC6)
Voice (J): Nobuyuki Hiyama
Biography
19 (SC)
23 (SC2-4)
40 (SC5)
Birthplace: Ober-Getzenberg, Holy Roman Empire
Birthday: February 6, 1567
Blood: A
Height: 5'1" (157 cm) (SBE)
5'5" (165 cm) (SC)
5'6" (168 cm) (SC2-4)
5'8" (172 cm) (SC5-6)
Weight: 106 lbs (46 kg) (SBE)
110 lbs (50 kg) (SC)
132 lbs (59 kg) (SC3)
110 lbs (50 kg) (SC4)
154 lbs (70 kg) (SC5-6)
Family: Mother / Margaret
Father / Frederick (murdered by Siegfried)
Sworn Ally / Hilde
His mercenary group / Schwarzwind
Fighting Style
Type: Zweihänder
Weapon: Faust (SBE)
Requiem (SC1-3, SC5-6)
Soul Calibur (SC4)
Discipline: Self-Taught
Siegfried Schtauffen (ジークフリート・シュタウフェン, Jīkufurīto Shutaufen) made his first appearance in Soul Edge and returned for Soulcalibur, Soulcalibur III, Soulcalibur IV, Soulcalibur V, and Soulcalibur VI. He can also be seen in Soulcalibur II as an unlockable costume for his temporary alter-ego, Nightmare. He is one of the very few characters to appear in every game in the series.

Biography​

Bio: Soul Blade/Edge​

In Germany, the oppressed peasants revolted against the Holy Roman Empire. With its forces weakened by the Italian Wars, the German peasants finally had a fighting chance. One of the champions of the people, a brave knight name Sir Frederick, met a lovely woman named Margaret while on campaign, and spent a sexy-fun night with her. When Frederick returned after 9 long months of battle, he fund that Margaret had given birth to their son, who he name Siegfried, after the famous hero.

A few years went by and Frederick spent a lot of his time teaching his son swordsmanship. He embarked upon a foreign crusade, promising his return to Margaret. However, without his father's guidance, Siegfried fell in with the wrong crowd. He soon became the leader of a band of thieves known as "Schwarzwind," which means "Black wind."

The band came up with a plan. They would attack the knights who ran away from the crusades. They were bound to have lots of valuables. That night, they ambushed a group of war-weary soldiers. They were tired, and were no match for "Schwarzwind". Siegfried killed the commander himself. He held the commander's severed head in triumph, but as the moonlight shone upon it, Siegfried let out a blood-curdling scream...

He was holding the head of his own father! This terrible situation caused Siegfried to snap. He took off running into the forest. As he went more and more insane, he decided that his father had been murdered by someone else. After hearing about Soul Edge, he decided that his father's killer could only be defeated by that one weapon...

Bio: Soulcalibur​

Siegfried hardly kept his sanity by suppressing the memory of killing his own father, if you can call what he went through "sane." Siegfried was the leader of a group of brigands known as the Schwarzwind (Black Wind), who made their stronghold on the edge of the roman empire. He left on a journey to find Soul Edge after his father's murder. He managed to find it next to the corpse of Cervantes. When he reached for it, the corpse attacked. After he had slain the corpse he took Soul Edge.

He obtained Soul Edge to avenge the unavengeable. Soul Edge told Siegfried that by devouring souls, his father would be resurrected. Upon realizing that he was responsible for his fathers death, he became enslaved by the sword. Siegfried eventually grew into Nightmare. He finally succeeded in resurrecting his father, Frederick, but it was a mere illusion of his weak soul. Siegfried accepted responsibility for his sins and tried to distance himself from society, afraid that he might kill again. However, every time he woke up, he was surrounded by the bodies of the people he had killed in his sleep.

Bio: Soulcalibur II​

Siegfried appeared only as an alternate costume to Nightmare on console editions of Soul Calibur II.

Bio: Soulcalibur III​

As Nightmare plundered souls and recovered fragments of Soul Edge, the cracks in the blade began to recover slowly. His goal of recovering the evil sword edged towards completion. He returned to Ostrheinsburg Castle. His stronghold. This land that once tasted the blood of many was a fitting place to restore Soul Edge. A lone man appeared in the castle, seeking Soul Edge. He wielded a thin blade in his left hand. The two of them faced off in the ruins of the chapel, and the place became alive with flying sparks and blood. At the end of the battle, Nightmare was victorious. He stepped forward to finish the man off. Deep within his eyes shone the light of an innocent man seduced by the blade. Siegfried struggles as if trying to fight off a nightmare. The spirit of the evil sword sneered at him.

"Your strikes were weak. Fragile. Pathetic. Just like human souls." "Silence... I will not obey you any more. I will atone for what I have done..." "The depth of human Greed astounds me. You sill seek forgiveness, after all you have done?" "No! But one must reflect on one's sins and move onward." "...Even if the path leads only to darkness? Only death awaits you in the end." "Is it because it is finite that people cling to the joys of life?" "...Can you not hear them-the wails of the souls that were swallowed unto the Abyss by your hand?" "I am eternally sorry for what I have done...but listen to me!" "...He sought death. He revered it. Death is beautiful. Your father, too, knew it's allure." "Yes, if I could, I would return to that time-" "He must parish. You shall cast his body into the darkness. He shall stagnate and rot, steeped in despair, as you squeeze the final gasp from his lungs!" "No! That's an illusion! I can see it... I can see the proud way he faces his end!"

The battle being waged in Nightmare's mind cause him to stand still. Beyond him, the badly beaten body of the man trembled. Only the his pride allowed the man to move. Drawing on the last of his strength, the man unleashed a final blow on the enemy. The strike pierced the centre of Soul Edge. Nightmare let out an inhuman cry. Inside him, the crazed, wounded mind of the evil sword clawed at his consciousness. But, he stood with an iron will against the raging storm. The time had come. The eyes that had turned red with evil were restored. And the flame of sanity relit. He who had remained the host body to the evil sword for so long had regained his will. In response to the rapidly weakening evil, light poured out like the coming of the dawn.

When it was over, Siegfried thought back in a daze over what he had done. It had been like a reflexive action. A sword had appeared along with the light. As if guided by something, he grabbed the sword and thrust it into the evil eye that was the core of Soul Edge. It was the holy sword Soul Calibur, which had been trapped by the evil sword. The blow, however, was not enough to destroy the evil sword. The evil energy of the sword had quieted, but the good sword had gone silent, too. As if it had lost it's power. "This isn't enough..." Forcing his brain into motion, he began to think. He threw off the detestable armour and smashed it to pieces.

Then, picking up the two swords, he left that land. "I will seal away Soul Edge for all eternity and atone for my sins. This I swear!" His bloody fate would not release him so easily, however. From time to time, the feeling of that grotesque right arm rose from his memory. The residue of the nightmare tormented him. Occasionally, those whose lives had been affected by Nightmare appeared to fight. Each time he was forced to face them, he was filled with guilt. At the same time, Siegfried did not realize that another dark omen was on the horizon. Indeed. There was no way for him to know that the azure nightmare would soon reawaken.

Bio: Soulcalibur IV​

"So you would forsake our friendship?" "Yes. No one will ever again be a part of my life. Every man or woman who has known me has ultimately fallen to death's touch. So go. Leave me. Forget you ever knew me." As Siegfried spoke his answer, the woman who questioned him faded from his sight to be replaced once more by the memories of that night. The wind blew the clouds from the face of the moon, and suddenly the head that he held triumphantly aloft was brilliantly revealed. Siegfried saw the face, and there was no denying the truth. It was his father. His heart was in agony as it had been pierced by a white-hot blade. Siegfried jerked upright, as if yanked by a puppeteer's string.

It had been a dream. He was alone. He pressed his hand against the armour that covered his heart. A terrible scar marked him there. The maelstrom of power unleashed when Soul Calibur and Soul Edge clashed in the cathedral had torn his body apart. But the sword whose destiny it was to destroy the cursed sword resonated with Siegfried's soul, and saved his life. Siegfried though again of the dream he had just seen. His brothers-in-arms, his comrades, cared for him. But his mind was made up! He would brush aside the oustretched hands that tried to help him. No one would touch his heart. No man or woman would sway him from his path, until the cursed sword was destroyed for all time. Before him, a black shadow lay heavy over the cursed city of Ostrheinsburg. His journey of repentance was coming to an end.

Bio: Soulcalibur V​

Siegfried had player host to Soul Calibur and, ultimately, destroyed Soul Edge. After that epic battle, the knight returned home and enjoyed a brief period of peace. But deep down he knew his work was not over; the cursed sword's minions - the malfested - remained a serious threat. Realizing he couldn't stop them alone, Siegfried gathered his staunchest allies to reform his old mercenary group, Schwarzwind.

One day, after more than a decade of service protecting humanity from the malfested, Siegfried discovered that Soul Calibur had transformed into a new one-handed sword - a clear harbinger of Soul Edge's return. A new champion to wield Soul Calibur would need to be found; Siegfried assigned the task to Z.W.E.I., a wandering swordsman who had joined his mercenary group.

"So...the time has come..." Soul Calibur, like Soul Edge, possessed dangerous power. Siegfried quietly awaited the one who would be worthy to wield it...

Character Artwork​

Art: Soul Blade/Edge​

sigSBEart1.jpg sigSBEart2.jpg sigSBEart3.jpg sigSBEart4.jpg sigSBEart5.jpg sigSBEart6.jpg sigSBEart7.jpg sigSBEcg1.jpg sigSBEcg2.jpg sigSBEcg3.jpg sigSBEcg4.jpg sigSBEcg5.jpg sigSBEcg6.jpg sigSBEwep1.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur​

sigSC1art1.jpg sigSC1art2.jpg sigSC1art3.jpg sigSC1art4.jpg sigSC1art5.jpg sigSC1art6.jpg sigSC1cg1.jpg sigSC1cg2.jpg sigSC1cg3.jpg sigSC1cg4.jpg sigSC1end1.jpg sigSC1end2.jpg sigSC1end3.jpg sigSC1wp1.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur III (+UFS)​

sigSC3art1.jpg sigSC3art2.jpg sigSC3art3.jpg sigSC3cg1.jpg sigSC3wep1.jpg sigSC3wp1.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur IV (+BD)​

sigSC4art1.jpg sigSC4art2.jpg sigSC4cg1.jpg sigSC4cg2.jpg sigSC4wp1.jpg sigSC4wp2.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur V​

sigSC5art1.jpg sigSC5art2.jpg sigSC5art3.jpg sigSC5art4.jpg sigSC5cg1.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur VI​

sigSC6art1.jpg sigSC6art2.png

Art: Soulcalibur Legends​

sigSCLart1.jpg sigSCLwp1.jpg sigSCLwp2.jpg

Art: Outcast Odyssey​

sigOOart1.jpg sigOOart2.jpg sigOOart3.jpg sigOOart4.jpg

Back