Smash Bros. SC Character Possiblities

Who do you think would be the best choice as a guest character in Smash Bros?

• Mitsurugi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoshimitsu

• Other (comment whatever you think I guess)

• Total voters

Blobbentein

[01] Neophyte
So as the title says, what do you think would be the character most likely to make an appearance in Smash Bros, if that somehow ends up happening. Obviously there are a bunch of factors to consider, but honestly I think Nintendo could go a couple of different ways. Here are just a few ideas I had about this.

Mitsurugi
Pros:
One of the central characters in the series, kind of like a Ryu but less plot relevant
Shura Blade, his counter, and his stances could make for some interesting gameplay mechanics
Cons:
Not really very recognizable to people who don't play SC
There are a lot of sword characters in Smash Bros already so I'm not sure he would be received very positively

Kilik
Pros:
Basically the main character of the series
Only other character who has a staff-like weapon is Palutena, and I doubt they'd use it in similar ways
Soul charge could be worked in as a sort of meter system
Cons:
Even less recognizable than Mitsu would be
Not exactly that stellar in terms of personality or iconic moves, making a moveset could be awkward

Nightmare
Pros:
Probably the single most iconic character in the series
Diverse moveset with a ton of possiblities for nearly everything
Honestly I think he's the best option by far for the series
Cons:
They might need to tone down his dialogue a bit with how much he yells about killing and stuff

Ivy
Pros:
Whip-sword is completely unheard of in Smash, would be very fresh
Cons:
Could overlap too much with Byleth from Three Houses when they inevitably add him/her to the game
You know why they can't put Ivy in Smash

Yoshimitsu
Pros:
Would represent both Tekken and Soulcalibur in Smash Bros, both series have nothing in-game beyond cosmetics so far
Incredibly distinct style/moveset with a ton of possibilites
Lots of possibilities for alternate costumes due to his ever-changing wardrobe
Cons:
Complexity makes his moveset difficult to adapt faithfully
He might have too many moves to add, and resorting to RNG to solve this problem like they did with Hero could garner a lot of hate
Not exactly the greatest representative for either series, given how much his aesthetic/personality clashes with both Tekken and SC.

Overall I really think Nightmare would be the best choice, him being a cool and somewhat realistic addition, but this took a pretty short time to write so these are still very rough ideas. With any luck, if they do decide to add an SC character to Smash they could give us an SC6 Switch port as well. Probably going to post this to the Soulcalibur subreddit later, so don't be shocked if you see this post word-for-word. Feel free to add your own suggestions, or criticize what I said because I'm definitely not unbiased with my opinions lol.

Imo, nightmare is the only one who makes sense. He IS the logo after all. Theres also the issue that none of tge female characters barring talim or Xianghua (sciv version) could be used without losing the A rating in Japan. A less violent nightmare makes the most sense imo.

Nightmare. Although he's dark his design could work in the environment without revealing his mature nature.

Sophitia. She is a cool character with a decent following and a friendlyish design. I mean they put Bayonetta

Mitsurugi. The poster boy of SC. Poster boys are always a good choice to appear in other games

Taki. Most popular character

Back