So....Setsuka Players....

The whole "gay" thing has REALLY offended me. It makes me not want to even continue posting here. That type of talk shouldn't be allowed.

Anyway, I am a little disappointed that Setsuka is gone. Although there's two character's left to reveal, I would love to see her as DLC.

As long as it's geisha/orian-ish, with all the cool hair decorations, then I'm fine with it!

Sets added a touch of glamour to the game - yes, an umbrella is beyond camp in terms of using it as a weapon, but that is part of her appeal (not all the women have to be "badass" or cutesy, right?) Check out the Lady Snowblood manga and Zatoichi (film) to see Set's heritage. She's the thinking-man's crumpet and I'll miss her :(

GUYS!!!!!!!!!! In the 2nd IGN video IGN posted with Rich, EVERYTIME someone requested a character that wasn't playable, like Taki and Rock, he actually said they weren't in the game. BUT when someone asked about SETSUKA, he said, "well, there's still some characters that haven't been announced yet" <333333333333

GUYS!!!!!!!!!! In the 2nd IGN video IGN posted with Rich, EVERYTIME someone requested a character that wasn't playable, like Taki and Rock, he actually said they weren't in the game. BUT when someone asked about SETSUKA, he said, "well, there's still some characters that haven't been announced yet" <333333333333
a Pat hasn't been officially revealed,he has been leaked that's why Rich said there are still characters to be unlocked...he is supposed to keep up with project souls rate/program of revealing stuff.

a Pat hasn't been officially revealed,he has been leaked that's why Rich said there are still characters to be unlocked...he is supposed to keep up with project souls rate/program of revealing stuff.

Regardless, why wouldn't he just have said no like he did to Taki and Rock?

It really makes me think she's going to be playable now. Because he hesitated. I'm sure he would have said "No, she isn't in the game." if she wasn't, even if her "style" is there.

Regardless, why wouldn't he just have said no like he did to Taki and Rock?

It really makes me think she's going to be playable now. Because he hesitated. I'm sure he would have said "No, she isn't in the game." if she wasn't, even if her "style" is there.
I think he hesitated because he didn't know what he was supposed to say."Well Pat got her style,he already has one but they also gave him another while a fan favorite got scrapped"...... besides Daishi himself said in an interview that if you like Setsuka's style you will be pleased-why didn't he say "yes she is in"? I could be wrong and you can think/believe what you want at the end of the day,just .... don't hope too much (don't know how to properly say it in english,sorry)

Justysuxx, maybe you should realize maybe some people, like me, don't want to hear your posts about censorship, and have no problem when someone uses the term gay to mean homosexual. A man using something that people usually consider a woman to use might make them look gay. Like a man wearing a wedding dress. So, if you feel like you shouldn't post here, because your ass stick is WAY UP HIGH IN THAT ASS OF YOURS, maybe you shouldn't. And no one will miss you.

Setsuka is not for amateurs. Only the skilled can master Setsuka.

At the 2005 Tokyo Game Show, Setsuka was considered a fan favorite due to her lightning-fast attacks and her unusual appearance for a fighting game character. Her gameplay is largely centered on fast attacks and combos that overwhelm the opponent, making her capable of lunging at top speed to access ranges she normally would not be able to reach with her weapon alone. Although her attacks, when used without any accompanying assaults, are deceptively weak, Setsuka can deal a great amount of damage if her abilities are maximized. However, she was criticized as being too difficult for inexperienced players, since her combos tend to be hard to execute properly.

Setsuka has a lot of lightning fast attacks and combos that overwhelm the opponent. She can close in and attack from long distances with top speed despite her blade's short length. Her Just Frame attacks are damaging but require precise timing and patience. When her attacks are counted as Counter Hits, they can be followed by another damaging assaults, sometimes leaving the opponent hard to recover. Her combos are stylish and damaging, even some of them can reduce almost half of the opponent's life bar on a single combo, if uninterrupted. Setsuka can also perform damaging wall combos when the opponent is cornered. Her throws are very damaging and some of them can start a combo. Mastering Setsuka takes dedication, precision, patience, and persistence. However, inexperienced players criticize her as difficult to master, as her moves are difficult to execute properly and her low attacks are weak and can be easily evaded. Ever since Soulcalibur III, Setsuka is regarded by the tournament community as a high to top-tier character and she is commonly used in the tournaments.

Setsu gots b:A, that mixxed with c3a:B, all you really need. everything else is pretty much fluff... I wish they made 1BB work without having to just it, and 1AAA work without having to just it. From what I saw from Patroklos, he could easily use his soul calibur sword blade, which is the scabbard, and do secondary attacks with it, and tighten up a lot of setsu's old holes, on her completely useless moves... but then again this game is made by Japs, and they don't really think about things like that...

I think it gives more options now that there's a style that's just a longsword and it's scabbard. I could do a lot character creation wise just with that, and so could a lot of other people.
Be glad her style's there at all. ou can at least try and remake her in the creation, and maybe they'll be nice and throw in Ugetsu Kageuchi for Setsuka fanboys.

Of course, if anything, it's an honor that they gave her style to the new protagonist of the series. They could've chosen Talim's or someone else's style, but they went with Setsuka. Interestingly, a lot of players who don't seem to care for her are also somewhat excited or intrigued to play her style with a male character.

That's because Taki was already replaced, and Rock.......not quite sure of his reasoning, but retiring could be a good reason.

And yes, Alpha Patroklos wasn't "announced". I know, it was fun while it lasted.

Justysuxx, maybe you should realize maybe some people, like me, don't want to hear your posts about censorship, and have no problem when someone uses the term gay to mean homosexual. A man using something that people usually consider a woman to use might make them look gay. Like a man wearing a wedding dress. So, if you feel like you shouldn't post here, because your ass stick is WAY UP HIGH IN THAT ASS OF YOURS, maybe you shouldn't. And no one will miss you.
If you don't want to hear it, then why respond to it?

And the whole "umbrella/parasol" thing was over and done with a long ago. You were the one that brought it back up, TWICE.

I'm actually surprised that a lot of people say it's a good thing they erased the umbrella.
Honestly to me it feels like Namco had to hurry to get the game ready so they added some semi-chars like alpha patroklos and the others ...

The umbrella was kind of a unique feature and reducing it to a simple sword (like there aren't enough of those already) is kind of like reducing ivy to her sword stance. It would love to see the reactions when that happens.

Also I don't get why people think her story should be any lamer compared to mitsu's for example.
He's just looking for a fight basically...

She's looking for both revenge and the perfection of wielding a sword. I personally liked that last part since the style and precision of her moves kind of reflected that.
So to me Setsuka >>>>>> alpha patroklos.

Although I sucked with her, she was my favorite character. Very colorful and unique character and very satisfying to use too. Another reason for me to "wait and see" and not rush in to buy SC5 on release day.

setsukascv.png

U mad?

Back