Sidestep Whiff Punish: 22_88A, 3B, GS 88B

FC Whiff Punish: GS 6Aaaaa, WR B, WR B+K

D) Frametraps

On hit: AA, JS 6AB, GS 666(66)A, BB, JS 44B/GS 11_77B, 6B8, 11_77K, 4B+K

On CH: FC A/GS 2A, 2K

On Block: BF 66A, GS 22B, 4[A+B]

Attack use detail:

Lows:

Tira’s lows for the most part are slow and have bad frames. Therefore they’re excellent aGI bait since most will retaliate at your disadvantage. Train them to fear trying anything.

1A – No longer as bad as it was in 3. Now -12 on block and works the soul gauge nicely. Has a late TC that might let you get a hit. Great slow move for post-GI.

11_77A – Hard to read low with a tiny weakness to 8-way run. Fine for general use but -15 on block and -2 on hit.

2K – Just like everyone else’s framewise (block -14, NH -4, CH +2) but noted for its range. Necessary move for Tira.

88K – i24 low with a weird animation that usually hits because of that. It’s very unsafe at -21 but has an excellent TC. Use when you expect high retaliation and throws.

Mids:

JS 22_88A – Best used to close in when you’re dancing around outside their range. Good damage and left side RO.

BB – JS (block -8, hit +2, 26 damage); GS (block -6, NH +4, CH +5, 32 damage). Very important for basic Tira pressure. Best feature of her BBs? They both catch step to her right!

1B – Special-mid that covers a good amount of space in front of her. Better frames in GS. Great general poke.

3B – -12. Works the soul gauge well. Combo ability in JS is maximized if you hit with the tip of this move. Noticeably better in GS. A staple for whiff punishment and post-GI.

WR B – Everyone knows this move. With CH it’s her easiest access power mid on its own. Most useful against aggressive opponents. -17 but is best punished with forward-moving mids like sisters’ EWGF. Soul crushes in 10.

6K – i16 TJ kick that forces crouch on block at -11(JS), -9 (GS). Another great move for general use. Only downsides is it's really linear.

WS K – TC and TJ at the same time = too good. It beats 2A retaliation when you’re in FC. -11 but you WILL NOT be punished for this move unless you’re in a corner. Linear but otherwise a spammable move. If they start stepping use WS A and FC A.

33_99K - Block -7, NH +2, CH KND, 20 damage. A bit slow at i21 but such a whoreable move. It forces BT on NH so u can get a mixup. The pushback is different on NH depending on which direction you use. GS 44B will aGI BT 2A retaliation.

Basic Combos:

JS 1A, 22_88B
JS 4A:A, 44K (GS 66K)
JS 3B, 44K (GS 66B)
JS 3B (tip), A+B
JS 66B, slight delay 66AA
GS 1A, 66B
GS 4A:A, 44K, 2A+B
GS 22_88A, 2A+B
GS 3B, 22B, 1B/66B
GS 2A+B, 22B, 1B/66B

Basic Tech Traps:

JS 1aB, 22_88B (all but right)
WS B, 1A
GS 44K, 1A
GS 3B, 6A+B (some character-specific weaknesses)

Movement:

Not much to say here. Tira’s backstep and forward step are not good. However, her run speed and sidestep are fine. Use good spacing with moves like JS 4B and, to a much lesser extent, GS 44A to bait whiffs and punish hard.

Okizeme:

Tira oki is lacking but decent.

B+G: JS 22_88B will catch all but back and right roll. 1K and 1B can not be rolled. In GS 66B can not be rolled. Train them with that and mix up with lows like 88K.

Left side throw: Same as B+G.

Back throw: Great damage and more reliable oki than B+G since you’re right on top of them. 1K and 1B can not be rolled. BF 66B will catch any roll if you do it as soon as possible. 88K to mixup when they fear 66B.

JS 1aB/GS 2A+B: Catches rollers well and allows you to keep pressure.

1A: Instead of the usual combos you can use GS 22B to force oki. In JS if you do 44B and they're holding block they will eat it and stand up BT.

88K: Nothing of real note in JS. If you want gimmickry you can do JS 44A mixups since both hit grounded. JS 44AB can be rolled to the right. The whiff can bait impatient players to get up into the mixup. In GS 22B. Probably her best way of forcing her CF game.

Basic Auto-GI use:

Since the window for Tira’s aGIs is small using them at disadvantage is recommended. Check the auto-GI thread for more specifics.

A+K/[A+K] – Built-in after some moves to cover yourself if you expect retaliation. The window if held lasts a ridiculously long time but the risk/reward ratio is totally skewed. Use this ONLY if you’re extremely confident it will work. Is ok if you expect to be thrown but there are better HP loss-free ways to counter that. Biggest + is that it looks cool.

JS 2A+B – If you anticipate a vertical “sweeping” vertical hitbox then use this ex. Sieg 3B, 4B. Has a late TC and is -17. Use sparingly.

JS B+K – The biggest gimmick Tira has. This should never be relied on. It’s much too risky as you’re taking damage the whole time. Works if the opponent doesn’t know about it and really well on select moves like Amy’s 4B+K and Vader’s B+KBB.

GS B+K – Best aGI she has. Damage and HP regained increases as based on her current life. DO NOT use this at a distance. You will die. Best used to punish predictable strings and mid use. The Apprentice can Force Break it but don’t be afraid to use it anyway.

WareEaglesDare said:
Nobody should EVER want to be Emo. Sorry, had to say it.
Cute but let me make myself very clear. Any posts that aren't about this guide or amount to "Tira sucks" will be deleted without a 2nd thought.

She has good anti-whiff options, good tech trap options, a 130 dmg combo with trap. She has moves like GS 88A, BF 44A *OMG YES found a good use for it, traps people who like to step and punishes whiffs like a monster* and much more. Mikosu you know if you do make a guide I help you as a fellow TTT member

I'd like this to be a Tira community project. I'm just taking the lead in organizing it. So don't be afraid to post questions, suggestions, and findings. There's no elitism here. Currently posting from PS3 so I'll work on it when I get to a computer.

Well here's a question:

How many people bother to use JS 1 a:B?

From what I can tell, it seems to be exactly the same as GS 2 A+B in terms of properties. The only difference is the input. To be honest I haven't been using it lately (mainly because I forget about the move half the time) but I still think it has it's uses. I can only do it consistently on a stick though. If I'm playing with a pad I can barely do it at all.

Random Note: I want them to give that move the JF flash of win. It's practically a JF anyway considering the timing of the a:B.

I have a question, what is a good follow up to 8K, besides B,B?
If you mean on CH then B is the only one that'll hit consistently so you're stuck with it lol. K CAN hit but the hitbox is below them normally so it won't happen unless you're near a wall or something.

Well here's a question:

How many people bother to use JS 1 a:B?

From what I can tell, it seems to be exactly the same as GS 2 A+B in terms of properties. The only difference is the input. To be honest I haven't been using it lately (mainly because I forget about the move half the time) but I still think it has it's uses. I can only do it consistently on a stick though. If I'm playing with a pad I can barely do it at all.

Random Note: I want them to give that move the JF flash of win. It's practically a JF anyway considering the timing of the a:B.
I don't bother with it. I've been getting along fine without it. Don't forget that it's quite linear and random.

For punishment in GS (or JS for less damage), don't forget that 44K is 2 frames faster than GS 6Aaaaa, easier to get the whole combo (in my opinion), and can do 10 more damage with all BF frames.

And JS 1a:B is worthless. The move in GS is decent but I feel no loss when I don't have easy access to it in JS. Plus, it's far too inconsistent for regular use. It's a neat parlor trick, but honestly, no one even realises what you've done unless they REALLY know Tira inside out.

Ok, I've been testing out Tira's GS 33B and it seems totally safe on block.
I tried punishing it with Taki's 2bA. It's just not working. lol.

Ringout Mixups

Facing Ring Edge:
A+G
1A
GS 33B
Left Side Throw.

Back to Ring Edge:
GS 44A

I'll see what else I can find.

Any good custom strings to back up her pokeyness? A few I've noted:

JS K, 2K
If JS K hits the JS 2K is only i11 interruptable

JS 66K, 66K
If JS 66K hits the JS 66K after it is only i13 interruptable. Nice pressure, although steppable.

GS BB, K
Uninteruptable on GS BB hit.

Also, any good setups? A few I've noted:

4B+K, SSL_SSR
Nice sidestep bait, if you don't get sidestepped first.

GS 66A, B+K
Not bad at catching the coveted B+K GI-throw.

Tira's 2K is quite good.

Also instead of 44K which lacks the range, there are many situations where 6B9 is hard to interrupt by non TC moves for eg.

3A on hit
33K on hit
K on hit
2B on hit

There's more just can't recall right now.

Finished post-GI section. She has monstrous potential there. Keep the discussion up everyone. Let's make her feared.

Ok, I've been testing out Tira's GS 33B and it seems totally safe on block.
I tried punishing it with Taki's 2bA. It's just not working. lol.

Ringout Mixups

Facing Ring Edge:
A+G
1A
GS 33B
Left Side Throw.

Back to Ring Edge:
GS 44A

I'll see what else I can find.

GS 44A doesn't seem to ring out for me. Is it only on certain stages?

No. It's not.

It's pretty much the same as everyone else's 2K's framewise but with a heck of a lot more range. It also helps to set up wsK which is one of Tira's best moves.

At the very least, it's certainly a decent move.

It's pretty much the same as everyone else's 2K's framewise but with a heck of a lot more range. It also helps to set up wsK which is one of Tira's best moves.

At the very least, it's certainly a decent move.

I think it's pretty decent aswell, if only for the reason you listed.
You can gain a few mixups out of it aswell.

What does everyone think of 1B? I don't know the exact frames on it, but I've found it to be a very useful interrupt if plugged in the right places. I know for one thing that it's a mid that stops most tech crouching 'step' moves, even the occasionally-mid-dodging Double Angel Step.

Also, is there any practical use for WS B+K?

1B is pretty darn good and most people don't realise that the JS version is punishable so it's still ok to do.

If they DO realise however, don't use it as much in JS and spam it in GS. Non Tira players are always crazy confused when they can punish a move in one stance but not in another =)

Back