So you wanna be emo - A Tira guide

Regardless of followups, 2K should never be neglected. It's pretty much the only quick low move that she can use in close quarters.

The mixups come in when you train the opponent to expect 2K, G or 2K, FC A. Bringing stuff like 2K, 6K or 2K, 2K to the table.

JS 1B is only -11 and I believe is safe against the likes of Amy near max range. Can be plain annoying to an opponent against the wall and a good keep away move.

2K followups.

FC A
WS K

It's not great, but it does yield some decent mixup options.
Every little bit helps man.

Yeah, but every one of those is interruptable. For example, a simple 3K with most players will stop every one of those options on hit and it's punishable on block. Most people are just too stunned by the fact that they've been hit to notice that they should retaliate though.

First off, Tira isn't emo. Amy's emo. Tira's batshit insane schizo.

Also, is there any practical use for WS B+K?

WS B+K seems quite bad. It seems incomplete. If the first hit were low or if you could continue with her UD stuff, it'd be fine.

GS 44A doesn't seem to ring out for me. Is it only on certain stages?

No. GS 44A seems like a pretty consistent reverse RO no matter what stage.

Tira's 2K just doesn't seem to fit into her game that well, to me.

What is UD B on block? I find myself using this move too much at mid-long range.

Uh do you know what Emo means? learn your words before you use them, amy has no emotion what so ever!

Anyways I was working on more tech traps but until I get my 360 back I'm not going to be able to add anything

Look people it's just a little joke on her bipolar nature. Goodness lol. And whoever lowered the rating of this thread is just being stupidly rude. There's valuable info here. I hope I'm not the only who sees the incredible value this thread will have for Tira.

Anyway enough e-rage. I'll look at what you all mentioned.

EDIT: WS B+K is good post-GI if they re-GI it seems.

Look people it's just a joke on her bipolar nature.

Heh, I'm just being pedantic. The rude name for being bipolar is "schizo." "Emo" is reserved for the angsty downer.

But ya, back to the topic.

WS B+K is good post-GI if they re-GI it seems.

Hmm good application. But the safety (or lack thereof) really hurts it, especially if she's already in GS.

Any use for 4B+K?

No problem E.C. mikosu understands. Definition doesn't fit her totally but it made a nice title.

Yea it's a shame about WS B+K but if your opponent doesn't know you can't followup on block then be happy. But yes the risk is REALLY high. U can use 4B+K regularly. It's safe (I'll test) and isn't too shabby on oki.

U can use 4B+K regularly. It's safe (I'll test) and isn't too shabby on oki.

That's where I used it.

Whoever said following up with sidestep afterwards must be playing some very linear players....that advice is so incredibly situation you deserve your life reassessed for saying such a thing.

Whoever said following up with sidestep afterwards must be playing some very linear players....that advice is so incredibly situation you deserve your life reassessed for saying such a thing.

Stop being so snobbish. We are all posting here to get better.
Wouldn't it be better to just give whoever said that a better solution?

Stop being so snobbish. We are all posting here to get better.
Wouldn't it be better to just give whoever said that a better solution?

I don't like you.

You bitched over at Neoempire about Cass and Soph...when in reality that probably just means you're a scrub.

I'm not trying to be snobbish, but if you feel that I am, then you clearly feel you're a much more inferior Tira player than I.

Now I will sit on my high horse while you think of some rebuttal.

There seems to be no frame data on 4B+K but I kinda feel like it may have plus frames on hit. I haven't had time to test as I have just started work...

however I felt the need to state that 4B+K into sidestep was a strange piece of advice....try it if you really wish to; theres NOTHING stopping you.

To further my disdain as to why i'm not fond of you; you ignored my advice on her most potent combo - instead stating you would rather have more control over her mood and you even assumed I was calling you a noob when I wasn't.

If you suffer an inferiority complex then I suggest you let go of any notions that I feel i'm better than you....or anyone here.

I never claimed that. I am generally modest, however as of late, this board has had an increase of stupidity. This in turn has fluctuated my impatience towards this.

In all due respect, I look forward to sessioning with you guys down in London, and I apologize for my hostility...however if you are going to call me snobbish then please, don't be shocked when I say - fuck you.

I used to use 4B+K but theres NO way it can be plus because I couldn't get a single move afterwards when hit with a move that was i14+

I used to use 4B+K but theres NO way it can be plus because I couldn't get a single move afterwards when hit with a move that was i14+

Oh right? Not even counter hit? I use the move on wakeup to mix things up a bit. Generally haven't tried to do anything else afterwards. The thing just 'felt' like it may have some added use. Oh well.

Yeah, I tried following up with just about everything (Besides the slows bits of slow) It looks like a plus but really isn't

I ask about 4B+K cuz in JS, I'm still trying to find my "groove" regarding which moves I can kinda just throw out and which moves I can safely disregard in most cases.

After trying out 6K, 66K, and 4B+K in various situations, I ended up just using 6K over the other two, cuz it's safe, pretty quick, TJ, forces crouch in all situations, doesn't leave her too close to the opp, and has slight CH combo potential. In almost any situation where I feel I could use 66K or 4B+K, it seems like 6K could be used just as well.

Was just wondering if there was any hidden mojo. Might try it out in oki a little tho.

I don't like you.

You bitched over at Neoempire about Cass and Soph...when in reality that probably just means you're a scrub.

I'm not trying to be snobbish, but if you feel that I am, then you clearly feel you're a much more inferior Tira player than I.

Now I will sit on my high horse while you think of some rebuttal.

There seems to be no frame data on 4B+K but I kinda feel like it may have plus frames on hit. I haven't had time to test as I have just started work...

however I felt the need to state that 4B+K into sidestep was a strange piece of advice....try it if you really wish to; theres NOTHING stopping you.

To further my disdain as to why i'm not fond of you; you ignored my advice on her most potent combo - instead stating you would rather have more control over her mood and you even assumed I was calling you a noob when I wasn't.

If you suffer an inferiority complex then I suggest you let go of any notions that I feel i'm better than you....or anyone here.

I never claimed that. I am generally modest, however as of late, this board has had an increase of stupidity. This in turn has fluctuated my impatience towards this.

In all due respect, I look forward to sessioning with you guys down in London, and I apologize for my hostility...however if you are going to call me snobbish then please, don't be shocked when I say - fuck you.
Fair enough.

It's interesting knowing you don't like me. However, I don't know you enough to even feel mutual about it.

I reckon Cassandra and Sophitia are stupid, but most of those posts were in jest.
However, you wouldn't know that, because you missed out on countless discussions outside of Neoempire.

You're probably a better Tira player than me, but I've just seen your Guilty Gear matches and you're not especially hot at the game.
However, I'm sure neither me (mid-level player) or seasoned veterans (Ryza, Zakuta, etc.) would talk down to people the way you do (and you do).

Oh, and believe me. I'm not sitting here racking my brain trying to think of a sly way to insult you.
I just reckon that you're someone with alot to give (information, strategies, etc.) and it would be cool if you are a little more inviting.
You probably don't even realize it, but you are quite rude. The very post I'm replying to know kinda proves that.

Regarding the post where I said you were snobbish.
I'm sure anyone else would have just told the person why they were wrong and gave them the correct answer/information.

The whole combo debacle. You told me it was good.
I told you it probably was, but I don't know how I feel about it.
You can read things your own way, but to dislike me because I didn't embrace your combo as openingly as you expected, is just ridiculous.

Again, you probably are better than me.
Which is why I saved that Flashchat discussion so I could learn from it.
However, you are just one guy in a place with no scene to prove your expertize.
Be nicer.

Oh, and modest peope don't try and indirectly label people with inferiority complexes and scrubdom.
My girlfriend is a Neuropsychologist, I'll get an assessment from her when I need one. lol.

Fuck me - Smooth.
Anyway, if you want to come to one oof my sessions, you're always invited.

I'll leave it at that as this is probably very off topic.

4B+K is +5 on hit in both stances.

Just tested and confirmed using several different moves:

Post hit, Tira JS 2A (i18) clashes with Setsuka FC 2A (i13). Also, Tira JS 44A (i20) trades with Setsuka wsK (i15).

It's also completely safe on block. Tested against Taki's A,A (i10). I don't know the specific data here though.

This opens A LOT of doors for Tira using this move. Particularly on wake (though it doesn't hit grounded, sadly). Also, the move has both TC AND TJ frames. TC at the beginning of the move (it appears to TC almost immediately) and TJ shortly thereafter.

This is excellent news, and it's funny because I was spamming it to great success last night before having read your post or checking the data.

Jlike and Helter: You two are mature enough by your posts to know the deal. Just don't bring it up in here anymore. Man I hate conflict.

Alrighty, so Rico confirmed what we already knew. It's a good move and I never used it much even knowing its potential. About to test it on block now.

EDIT: JS_GS 4B+K is -9 on block.

I'm sorry. I went overboard.

HAH - knew 4B+K was good. Not on block though right? Sidestepping then won't yield any result.

That's so good to know though.

Back