Sonic Generations

Well, Sonic has ruined a lot of hopes and dreams over the past decade. Can't blame people for being a bit sensitive.

Solidsonic: People need to learn how to let go like I did and treat each Sonic game as a game.

Brown: STFU and go play Colors you asswipe. Sonic been back for a while. Yuo need to get your head in the game man.

STS: No problem man. I'm happy it's coming out early. I hope I can get some more money to pre-order it. I pre-order Rayman origins.

The only remotely good looking thing from Sonic Generations is Classic Sonic.

Modern Sonic aka "OMG KAWAII DESU AMINU" Sonic is ass.

Sonic should have never opened his damn mouth and gained a voice. Bastard should have stayed silent and stuck to saving animals.

Sigh... another old skool fan bitching. Wow you guys find anything to bitch about. Wake up dude it's 2011. Get out of the past. Both Sonics are cool. And if you have these problems with new Sonic games, I suggest you go play something else.

For the record, I hate everything Modern Sonic represents.

From his horribly lame attempt to be a "cool" or "edgy" character to the "memorize or you die" and wall-hunging gameplay he's almost always plagued with because the emphases of speed over actual control and stage exploration.

The novelty of Classic Sonic was that he had attitude but, at the same time, didn't have his head stuck up his ass in horrible attempts to be serious or bad-ass. He also had the cute factor that is widely accepted in anthropomorphic characters like Mickey Mouse and such.

I'm not going to hate on Colors, but I'm going to hate on Modern Sonic as a character, because he sucks and is not memorable. Classic Sonic is a much more memorable figure. Seeing Classic stand right beside Modern is proof enough that they didn't need to redesign him, at all.

For the record, I hate everything Modern Sonic represents.

From his horribly lame attempt to be a "cool" or "edgy" character to the "memorize or you die" and wall-hunging gameplay he's almost always plagued with because the emphases of speed over actual control and stage exploration.

The novelty of Classic Sonic was that he had attitude but, at the same time, didn't have his head stuck up his ass in horrible attempts to be serious or bad-ass. He also had the cute factor that is widely accepted in anthropomorphic characters like Mickey Mouse and such.

I'm not going to hate on Colors, but I'm going to hate on Modern Sonic as a character, because he sucks and is not memorable. Classic Sonic is a much more memorable figure. Seeing Classic stand right beside Modern is proof enough that they didn't need to redesign him, at all.
Ok.... This is what I call thinking too hard. At the end of the day dude..They're still Sonic. Just different time periods. I think you're thinking too hard about this. Ain't going to attack your opinion, I just think you're thinking too hard.

Ok.... This is what I call thinking too hard. At the end of the day dude..They're still Sonic. Just different time periods. I think you're thinking too hard about this. Ain't going to attack your opinion, I just think you're thinking too hard.

I'm not "thinking to hard". I just hate Modern Sonic and I have my reasons. Sega needs to stop thinking they have good writers for Sonic games. They don't. The stories for every Sonic game that tried to have a serious plot have been garbage. They need to stop trying to make Sonic more epic and serious than he's suppose to be. Keep the shit simple. Save your "epic and serious plots" for games where they are warranted. Sonic is not the place for it.

I'm not "thinking to hard". I just hate Modern Sonic and I have my reasons. Sega needs to stop thinking they have good writers for Sonic games. They don't. The stories for every Sonic game that tried to have a serious plot have been garbage. They need to stop trying to make Sonic more epic and serious than he's suppose to be. Keep the shit simple. Save your "epic and serious plots" for games where they are warranted. Sonic is not the place for it.
Sega got decent writers. They ain't great though. But the simple Sonic plots are boring. the epic and serious isn't too bad. I love the writing in Secret Rings. That final boss was so epic. A pissed off Sonic is a good change of pace.

*long time Sonic fan*

Good Sonic Games: Sonic 2, Sonic 3 (BEST) Sonic & Knuckles (BEST w/Sonic 3), Sonic Advance Series (all 3!) Sonic Rush (Rush 2 so-so) Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 (Minus everyone's stages but Sonic and Shadow's)

Bad Sonic Games: Sonic 4, Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3, 360) Sonic Unleashed, Shadow the Hedghog, Sonic (Arcade Game) Sonic the Fighters, All the Party Game Sonic, Sonic Rivals 2, Mean Bean Machine, Knuckle's Choatix, Sonic Drift

Decent Sonic Games: Sonic Rivals, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Pinball (Genesis), Sonic CD, Sonic Battle, Sonic Riders, Sonic R, Sonic Colors (DS)

Yes, I have Sonic Mega Collection+ and Sonic Gems so I didn't play all of those on their original systems.

Anywho... I know I put Sonic 4 in the "Bad" list but I still was expecting episode 2, 3, and 4. Assuming since Ep. 1 was like Sonic 1, Ep. 2 and 3 would be like Sonic 2 and 3. So it's like "Generations? Really?"

Again, if I get an HD Sonic 2 and 3 then HELL MOTHER FUCKING YEAH!!

EDIT: After watching both videos, release date can't come fast enough. I am all for this.

You know the demo was pretty fun. I really didn't like Sonic 1 for genesis and like I said before, I don't like Sonic 4 because it's too much like Sonic 1. Honestly though, they got the classic feel with the 2011 update just right with the demo. Bonus points for being one of the few games that's full HD I've played in a long time so Green Hill looked so vibrant. Hopefully the final product is in 1080p.

Man I want to see City Escape in full HD! "Roll'n around at the speed of sound! Got places to go got to follow my RAINBOW!" Don't care how gay that sounds that song was awesome and so was that level. One of my favorite Sonic levels of all time. The trailer really made me want to play that level in high def.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc2RMHir8nU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oweDMaH5TY

Love how classic Sonic gets some 3D in his stage and modern has the boost gauge started in Sonic Rush and gets some 2D akin to Sonic Colors on the Wii. Haven't been looking forward to a Sonic game in a while since this. Levels I would love to get a full HD remake:

(Sonic & Knuckles) Mushroom Forest, Sandopolis, The Hidden Palace Zone, Lava Reef, Sky Sanctuary. Yeah, named everything but Flying Battery Zone, Death Egg Zone and Doomsday Zone.
(Sonic 3) Snow Cap(fucking love it's music), Carnival Night, maybe Angel Island, Launch Zone
Hell, just remake Sonic 3 and Knuckles in full HD and I can die happy.
(Sonic 2) I would love Emerald Hill but I guess it's too similar to Green Hill. Chemical Plant (fucking love it's music), Mystic Cave (love this music, too) Oil Ocean, Mertoplis (Another great BMG)
(Sonic 1) Only really like Star Light and Spring Yard
(Sonic Rush & Advance Series) Ice Mountain, Hot Crater, Music Plant, Sun Set Hill, Altitude Limit
(Sonic Adventure 1 & 2) Lost World, Wind Valley, Emerald Coast,Twinkle Park, Radical Highway, Metal Harbor, Sky Rails, and Final Rush!

PLEASE FINAL RUSH IT WAS SO EPIC!

I heard most of the stages I requested where found in the demo once hacked. But yeah, done with the nerd-orgasm...

I didn't like the demo much. I found it hard to play because Sonic seems incredibly small and he blends in too much with the enviorment, it was a pain in the eyes for me.

Back