Sophie Breaking the Soul

Breaking the Soul

after a KD opponents should be looking to sideroll more often then not... her moves for hitting grounded get limited to step 4B when you apply sideroll and intelligence. 66A I dont think 66A 4B+K is anywhere close to a frame trap so your still not looking too game breaking... and 11A gets guarded by ALOT of people on reaction now because of SC3.

So first you need to make someone guard... then you get to make them scared of guarding and go back to plan A... you know just because she has A really good close range tool doesnt mean the world is ending. This move will definately have an impact on tourney matches but the only thing thats going to win single handedly is 236B if the opponent keeps giving you freebies.

Tribal - I know alot of people suck... but when you show them the hows and whys behind why they are getting rolled people can learn... something tells me you dont do that

Im just going to stop saying why she isnt god tier so hopefully it takes people a while to catch on

Breaking the Soul

I'm certainly willing to jump on the 4B+K is broken bandwagon.
I fucking love soph, and I love this move. CF in 6 from a TC that's safe on block?
please.

~ Colin

Breaking the Soul

Some of those numbers are off.
66B and 4B+K both crush after 8 consecutive blocks starting from neutral green, not 6.

Breaking the Soul

I'm certainly willing to jump on the 4B+K is broken bandwagon.
I fucking love soph, and I love this move. CF in 6 from a TC that's safe on block?
please.

~ Colin

Saying it's broken is a little extreme. It can easily be side stepped.

But yeah, it is a very, very good move.

Breaking the Soul

I didn't see anyone comment about it (maybe I just missed it), but sophie's 236B and 236236B also deal some whopping sheild damage. While 236 B isn't very safe, I've found 236236B is much harder to punish.

Also on the topic of 4B+K (which is admittedly amazing) sometimes I find it good to switch it with 44B+K (which is about as safe after it connects) or 66B because 4 B+K won't nail people who don't wake up to avoid the attack.

With reference to 3 A+B, it doesn't eat that much soul (maybe 10-12 on the scale that was used at the start of the thread) so not only is it a bad choice for all the other reasons on Soul Crushing, but it won't even do the job properly.

Breaking the Soul

This is what I got post patch (from the reset yellow gauge)

44B+K, 22_88[ B] in 7
4B+K, 236B, 66A+B, 11AA in 8
66B, 22_88B, 4A, 44B in 9
22_88A, 236236B, 3A+B in 11
1AA in 11.5

Some moves seem to have lost their use for Soul Crush:
236236AA Stopped counting at 15 (that's where BB is by the way).
66A in 15
4B in 19

A number of the quick ones got hurt but there's still some potential there.

Breaking the Soul

Top post is out of date so here ya go. Take a guess as to why I didn't abbreviate Angel Step ~ Sidestep lol. All moves taking more than 20 to soul crush were omitted.

x5
B2BBB236B (5.2)
66B+KA*B
AS 2_8BA*B

x6
2BB (6.5)
FC 1BB (6.5)
B+KB
66B+KAB
AS 2_8BAB

x7
4[A]AA:A (7.25)

x8
4[A]B (8.5)
2B8B
22_88[ B ]
8A+KB
66B+KA (8.5)

x9
11_77AA
8A+KAB

x10
3B
8_9B
11_44_77B
22_88B
33_99B
66B
66A+B
4B+K
66B+K
WS B+K
AS B

x11
8B+K

x12
3A+B (12.5)

x13
1AA (13.5)
4AAA (13.3)
22A
7B

x14
AS 2_8K

x15
8_9A
88A
BB (15.5)
BK (15.5)
6B
FC B
B+K
WR A+B
Sliding
AS AA (15.5)

x16
1A
11_77A
8_9K
a+kK
AS 2_8AA
TAS B

x20
3A
7A
33_66_99A
44A
1B
2B
4B
1[K]
11_44_77K
WS A+B
AS K
TAS K

Breaking the Soul

4B+K is borderline gamebreaking.

It tech crouches, is safe on block and KD's on hit. In an average ROUND, it is easy to set up a block for 5 of these, once people get the red gauge the mind games begin, you get free hits/ mind games and the game is over.

Seriously, I am a mediocre pocket Sophie player, and this move is worse than all her others in terms of stupidly goodness. It's safe and quick and forces someone to GI or step, which is easily mind-gamable. I can't think of another move that is a QUICK, SAFE AND USEFUL for gauge busting on ANY other character.

I hope this move gets patched and it's effectiveness is reduced. In 10 matches vs a good Sophie from Canada, I was able to get 11 CF's and won alost of my matches based off the mind games this move provides.

Only time will tell if this is truly broken, but I have a feeling gameplay will degenerate and revolve around this and a few other moves that crush WAY too easily.

To All Sophie players:

abuse this move, make people see that this needs changed and hopefully it will get nerfed due to obnoxious overuse.

cha cha
Senior rarely uses Sophie anymore and Vints practically just started. There is a move in the game that breaks the soul gauge after 5.5 times, is safe, and tech crouches... Not to mention does a lot of damage. Go cry about that. Sophie is nerfed now in 1.03 so the 4B+K isn't so hot anymore. I'd love to show up tomorrow to the regional to show you what's up but I'm not traveling all the way there and back since I won't be entering the tourney and would have to pay anyway. Make sure to have a video of how you do against them tomorrow.

Back