Sophitia SC5 Discussion

Lasercakes

[12] Conqueror
Time to make one of these for Sophie.

I am really scared to suggest buffs while leaving TAS B as disgusting as it is. You could very VERY easily make her into a monster without toning that down.

Honestly, I am pretty happy with where she is now, but here is my greedy wish list:
- Better throw range. Maybe an inch more.
- iTAS B just frame that does nothing except let everyone know how cool you are.
- FCC cancelling AS/TAS faster.

In BD they added a lot of damage scaling on the TAS B tip stun so max damage was like 95 or something instead of 123. That seems fair, consider a single TAS B:4 does 80. Though 80 is too much. Even 55 damage would be pushing it for a move with that much range and speed and safety.

She's got most of her bases covered already, but the thing that annoys me most about her is the lack high or low options. She has no highs between i13 and i19 (other than i15 236K which sucks) and no lows between i15 and i21. She'd be a more interesting character if she had more options at advantage. So here are some new move suggestions that would suit her style:

i14 -6/+6/+6 24 damage high linear backfist with her shield arm, range like an AA, good whiff safety, slight pushback. Replace 6AB with a 6A like this. This move would give her better access to her many i19 moves that the usual +4 on hit she gets doesn't provide. i14 because otherwise her mid options would still be strictly better.

i17 -19/-8/-8 10 damage, -6/+4/+4 18 damage linear low - half tracking high NCC string where she stomps with her back foot and twists around hits with her shield. This will give her something else to do at +4.

More moves in general would be nice, mainly in the i17-i18 range.

Everybody on this forum is jumping the gun with these discussions, but whatever. Not much that I want to see changed since everyone is going to use the same 3-4 moves for the most part anyway. It's Sophie.

Not necessarily, Malice. In BD you cannot spam TAS B all the time because it's -15 punishable at tip range. I'm guessing it will be the same in the new game.

I agree with malice I think these conversations aren't really that productive. I'm not worried about her SC5 incarnation, I think the devs like sophie, they're always giving her something new and cool looking in every installment and the surprise is most of the fun. That being said I'm sure they'll nerf BB, 4 is the only installment it's this good in and they still thought it was appropriate to patch the damage on it down.

oh god, prepatch BB was disgusting.

Yeah these threads are stupid but it was a good exercise in thinking about where Sophie is lacking

The biggest change to Sophie needs to be her TAS B, either it needs to be made very punishable to allow for the damage potential, or it should lose it's ability to rapedick - 80 dmg is a sufficient whiff punisher for anybody. Considering the tools she already has, it's hardly gonna cost her an arm and a leg, y'know?

Yes, only at tip (imo it should be -16) and the move itself is more linear. The combo also does less damage than in SC4. It's still a nice change, now this move is just uber broke.

It´s more linear? Well, that is really a change ´cause in SCIV, TASB might hit you even if you step.
Actually, the move itself is very linear. What makes it hard to hit is the fact that TAS follows them until you use a move. At least, it appears that way because a delayed TAS B seems to catch someone who is trying to step a faster TAS B.

And a delayed TAS B has further range due to the exaggerated step in with extended STC properties =S
Not to mention you can cancel out of it if they fear the delayed TAS B with a properly timed RCC right after the input window for the B ends and do something else.

That STC is no joke, I went under NFK's Ivy SW FC 3B (1B?), a low, TWICE. Second one was done on purpose to troll him.

So broken :)

Not to mention you can cancel out of it if they fear the delayed TAS B with a properly timed RCC right after the input window for the B ends and do something else.

That STC is no joke, I went under NFK's Ivy SW FC 3B (1B?), a low, TWICE. Second one was done on purpose to troll him.

So broken :)

That is exactly what I don't like about the whole idea of 'super tech crouches'. It's bad enough they go under mids, but they should under no circumstances go through any low moves.

That is exactly what I don't like about the whole idea of 'super tech crouches'. It's bad enough they go under mids, but they should under no circumstances go through any low moves.
This happens actually simply because the hit box doesn't connect. If you scale up character model sizes, you can get some lows (Yoda's 6A+K) to become duckable, but if you guard it standing up the game still applies it as a low hit even though visually it should be a high. The high, mid, low system is applied after hit. Lobo convinced me that 236236 isn't a "true" STC and that Sophie actually leans slightly to one side. Getting 80 damage this way is still super dumb, but intentionally setting out to do it in cases where you could have stepped is as safe as going for Yoshi Ref A+B A_B (Ok, not really, but it's a big risk). I don't think there's any cases where you can intentionally or accidentally get half life from a 236236 evade, not that it makes it any less retarded.

Also when you brush up against someone with 236236 and enter WS frames it will misalign some characters attacks, but usually the attacks it works on have tracking issues already. This knowledge isn't really useful, but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Actually, the move itself is very linear. What makes it hard to hit is the fact that TAS follows them until you use a move. At least, it appears that way because a delayed TAS B seems to catch someone who is trying to step a faster TAS B.

From my experience against Sophie, and that is a lot, it seems she tracks a bit every time the player does a new 236 command. So yeah, you might escape a 236236B, but maybe not a 236236/236236B! Something like a double TASB. Don´t know if you guys were reffering to that as a "delayed" TASB. You can almost do it like Mishima players do in Tekken with EWGF´s. Delay it to the max(multiple 236 inputs to cover distance/tracking for example), or just spam it as much as you can. BTW, Sophies TAS can even go under Astas 2A(close range)...

I don't think there's any cases where you can intentionally or accidentally get half life from a 236236 evade, not that it makes it any less retarded.
There's one! When Ivy thinks they have you trapped by a wall with that huge SE horizontal mid unblockable, you can STC it pretty easily and she should be at the right spacing to hit TAS B tip.

There's one! When Ivy thinks they have you trapped by a wall with that huge SE horizontal mid unblockable, you can STC it pretty easily and she should be at the right spacing to hit TAS B tip.
Not feeling very guilty about that for some reason.

Ok, now that SC V has been announced and vague speculations have greater claim to rule the day, I'll dry off the wet blanket for once and ask: what are people thinking?

i'm calling it. sophie is gone. she gets killed off by someone with soul edge, which is why patroklos is drawn into the story...

VENGEANCE

Back