Sophitia's Sword and Board / General Discussion

66A IS -11 ON BLOCK (ASSUMING XINGHUA HAS AN i11 AA, OTHERWISE SHE HAS AN i10 AA AND 66A IS -10)

6B+K IS EITHER -10 OR -11 (PUNISHED BY TAKI AA, NOT BY SOPHIE AA, DIDN'T TEST XINGHUA AA)

Xianghua & Sophitia have i11 AAs & Taki's AA was always i10.

66A at the beginning of the vid got AAed,

At 9:42 - TAS B(Lethal Hit) to AS B4.

Wait, you can side step that after the first hit connects ?

No, after blocking the 1st hit of TAS AA. I tested it in SCIV:BD yesterday an saw the 2nd hit of TAS AA whiff when sidestepping right after blocking the 1st hit.

I remember Party Wolf saying that Sophitia was enter TAS with just 2366.

https://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcal...rmation-discussion.19792/page-104#post-731678

Last edited:
It definitely took me far too long to adapt to Xianghua, and I hate seeing all the whiff punishment opportunities I didn't capitalise on (mostly where I sidestepped and only took BB instead of a launcher), but hopefully this set shows off some of what Sophie's capable of.

A few comments:
0:08 - Xianghua can STC under stab after 1A, which happened twice. 3B is a better punish (see 7:30).
1:30 - Look how good Sophie's sidestep is! Kayane landed a lvl 3 GI and I was still able to step the GC and end up behind her.
3:16 - I suspect TAS B didn't LH here because it registered as a CH rather than a whiff punish.
9:15, 9:27, 12:42 - Something I noticed in all of my games are that advancing moves are generally much harder to whiff punish than in SC5. Movement in general feels quite exaggerated in this game compared to 5, and these are good examples of it.
15:19 - I was using this set to experiment a lot and thought I'd test an aGI here. I think 6AA and 6BB could have some use for aGI'ing certain strings, but still applying pressure in the event that they don't complete the string.

9:15, 9:27, 12:42 - Something I noticed in all of my games are that advancing moves are generally much harder to whiff punish than in SC5. Movement in general feels quite exaggerated in this game compared to 5, and these are good examples of it.
6BB IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE, THOUGH. THAT KIND OF STUFF HAS BEEN IN EVERY CALIBUR, SO IT'S NOT YET OBVIOUS HOW ABUNDANT IT IS IN SC6.

It definitely took me far too long to adapt to Xianghua, and I hate seeing all the whiff punishment opportunities I didn't capitalise on (mostly where I sidestepped and only took BB instead of a launcher), but hopefully this set shows off some of what Sophie's capable of.

A few comments:
0:08 - Xianghua can STC under stab after 1A, which happened twice. 3B is a better punish (see 7:30).
1:30 - Look how good Sophie's sidestep is! Kayane landed a lvl 3 GI and I was still able to step the GC and end up behind her.
3:16 - I suspect TAS B didn't LH here because it registered as a CH rather than a whiff punish.
15:19 - I was using this set to experiment a lot and thought I'd test an aGI here. I think 6AA and 6BB could have some use for aGI'ing certain strings, but still applying pressure in the event that they don't complete the string.

Not only can you block & RE after GI you can Sidestep too. You did good as Sophitia. I'm sure that she can pick up grounded opponents with TAS AA like in Lost Swords. TAS B KND after LNC was from Lost Swords. TAS B still hits grounded opponents like Omega's DNS B. I don't think 6A or 6B aGIs matter as much 6A+B, AS K, AS B & TAS B.

I think I tried to see if it would tech trap, and they could either back tech out of it or it didn't even hit them so I didn't test more lol

Well damn, that really sucks. I thought they'd at least throw us a bone and we could get an LH in all directions if they tech like Mitsu's/Nightmare's 1A. They really did us dirty with TAS A T_T

I wonder if it'll work at the wall/ring edge... (or did you test there as well?)

Well damn, that really sucks. I thought they'd at least throw us a bone and we could get an LH in all directions if they tech like Mitsu's/Nightmare's 1A. They really did us dirty with TAS A T_T

I wonder if it'll work at the wall/ring edge... (or did you test there as well?)
Nope, so it might hit them if they're at the wall/edge. From what I remember TAS A literally just went through the opponent's feet if done right after TAS B, so if anything you have to delay it to catch tech.

Dumb question from someone who only really played SCV: what is the difference between AS (like Pyrrah) and TAS? Obviously the latter is an extra motion, but does it cover more distance or open more options or deal more damage or what?

Dumb question from someone who only really played SCV: what is the difference between AS (like Pyrrah) and TAS? Obviously the latter is an extra motion, but does it cover more distance or open more options or deal more damage or what?
COVERS MORE DISTANCE, HAS SUPER TECH CROUCH TO GO UNDER CERTAIN MIDS RATHER THAN ONLY HIGHS, LEADS TO ATTACKS SPECIFIC TO TWIN ANGEL STEP. 236236B IS SLOWER BUT MORE POWERFUL THAN 236B, FOR INSTANCE.

@HolyCarp @Xeph @MONEYMUFFINS @Ninjaguy446 and anyone else with a good understanding of SC6 Sophitia.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Wanted to get some answers from you guys about Sophitia so I can ensure I am relaying accurate information for Scallywag when we address her in the video.

Doesn't have to be in a lot of detail but if you could answer these questions would be a great help for compiling the info we need.

1. Her stand out strengths?
2. Her stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks again guys.

@HolyCarp @Xeph @MONEYMUFFINS @Ninjaguy446 and anyone else with a good understanding of SC6 Sophitia.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Wanted to get some answers from you guys about Sophitia so I can ensure I am relaying accurate information for Scallywag when we address her in the video.

Doesn't have to be in a lot of detail but if you could answer these questions would be a great help for compiling the info we need.

1. Her stand out strengths?
2. Her stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks again guys.
1. GOOD BLOCK/WHIFF PUNISHMENT WITH 236B/236236B. GOOD OKIZEME WITH 4B/4A+B/1K. CONTROLS SPACE WELL WITH 66A/3A/66B/4B/BB/1K. GOOD NEUTRAL GAME WITH A WIDE RANGE OF POKES.

2. THROW RANGE IS PERHAPS THE WORST IN THE GAME. HER STRING MIXUPS ARE ALSO WEAK.

3. SHE CAN LAUNCH WITH SEVERAL MOVES (3B/44B/66B/33K) AND COMBO EACH ONE WITH 236236B, 4B (THIS ENSURES GOOD DAMAGE EVEN WITHOUT CRITICAL EDGE). HER 236B:4 AND CRITICAL EDGE ARE STRONG BLOCK PUNISHERS. 22BAK AND 44B ARE RELIABLE WHIFF PUNISHERS. HER 1K IS A GOOD MIXUP TOOL AND KNOCKS DOWN ON COUNTER HIT.

4. EASY EXECUTION OVERALL. 236236B IS HER MOST DIFFICULT INPUT, SO MAYBE ONLY SOME CASUAL PLAYERS WILL FIND THIS TO BE INTERMEDIATE EXECUTION.

5. EASY TO INTERMEDIATE STRATEGY.

6. SOPHITIA IS DECENT IN NEARLY ALL ASPECTS BUT IS ESPECIALLY GOOD FOR DEFENSIVE PLAYERS LOOKING TO PUNISH MISTAKES (BLOCK/WHIFF PUNISHMENT) WITHOUT REQUIRING DIFFICULT EXECUTION. SOPHITIA IS ABOVE AVERAGE IN SPEED BUT NOT QUITE AS FAST AS TAKI OR XIANGHUA, MEANING SOPHITIA CAN GENERALLY RELY ON HER POKES AT CLOSE RANGE BUT SHE IS NOT IDEAL FOR PLAYERS WANTING EXTREME AGGRESSION (HER THROW RANGE IS VERY SHORT, HER SINGLE A IS NOT THE FASTEST, HER KNOCKDOWN MIDS ARE NOT EXCELLENT IN TERMS OF INTERRUPTS).

SHE HAS GOOD OKIZEME (4B/4A+B/1K), GOOD INTERRUPTS (6K/66A/66B), GOOD NEUTRAL ATTACKS (AA/2A/3A/BB/4B/1K/6K/9K/6B+K), GOOD A+B GUARD BREAK (CROUCHING MID), AND SHE ALSO HAS AUTO-GI MOVES TO GET HER OUT OF UNDESIRABLE SITUATIONS (6A+B IS ESPECIALLY STRONG AGAINST MIDS). SOPHITIA CAN PLAY WELL EITHER DEFENSIVELY OR OFFENSIVELY, BUT SHE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A SIMPLER STRATEGY.

Last edited:
I saw someone posted most of her frame data in the wiki, though they left out her CE. It appears to be i15 (AK BB beats it, AK 2B loses to it). and is -17 on block (blocked CE into i12 AA loses to i28 1A [not a counter hit], i16 2B punishes it and i18 6B+K is blockable).

The frame data on the wiki seems rather suspect tbh. Not a single move is an odd number.
This game has almost no odd numbers in it. I was more suspicious before when I was getting some odd numbers because they followed patterns instead of being nearer to random. It was also hard to square block into trade interactions at high values when an odd value move was involved. Then I got some clarification that what I was seeing was actually A vs B and attack weight tie-breakers being applied. When I changed the values to all even, the data became much much more internally consistent.

If there is something in particular you have found that looks wrong let me know and I will retest.

I'm realising that now as well, it's so strange that there are barely any odd numbers as values in this game. It's almost as if they delibirately done it to make things harder.

Only thing that seems off is soph AA, I'm almost certain it's i11.
Edit: Scratch that it's i12. Namco, please... Actually makes it a lot easier when everything is even tbh.

I'm realising that now as well, it's so strange that there are barely any odd numbers as values in this game. It's almost as if they delibirately done it to make things harder.

Only thing that seems off is soph AA, I'm almost certain it's i11.
Edit: Scratch that it's i12. Namco, please... Actually makes it a lot easier when everything is even tbh.

I do not like it because it makes it harder to be certain that you have an exact value for something, and gives you less granular testing tools w/o video capture. On the plus side there are a lot fewer values that you can expect to find, so it speeds up testing a bit.

Then you find that Asta's 4KA is something like -1 on block and you want to AS B one of the devs.

Back