Soul Blade Tiers (PS Version)

Geist-X

[08] Mercenary
Never played this game competitively, but I did remember having a lot of fun with friends. Based on what I recall...

Mitsurugi - 2K,B great. cH WrB combos into CE. Good at Punishing and Good juggles.
Hwang - Mitsurugi but better at RO.
Han Myong - Hwang with more stuns and crazy stuff off cH 66AB.
Taki - Fast, Great at Punishing, Bad Range. cH WrK, AK, (WrB),B Bnb.
Li-Long - Fast, Great Juggles, Terrible Range. cH 3A, 66B, 66BB, 3K huge damage.
Seung Mina - 6A,K great punisher, A,A series good, Good RO, low combo damage.
Rock - 6K, 66AB Most damaging BnB nH combo. Hardest character to juggle. Slow.
Cervantes - Really punishable, bad launcher. 2nd Hardest character to juggle
Soul Edge - Faster Cervantes. 3B, AB,B,B 3AB hard to do, but more damage than Rock's nH BnB.
Siegfried - Bad Launcher. Good at RO. 44B combos damaging, but too slow and difficult.
Sophitia - Great Juggles, Good at RO, easiest character to juggle.
Voldo - 66ABG leads to possible infinite and other good combos. Good at RO and Punishing.

This isn't an ordered tier list, just some stuff I remember seeing/doing often. Not sure about a lot but Han Myong is definitely top and Cervantes is one of the worst. Hopefully someone else remembers this classic game and will have something to contribute.

Dude, I can't agree with your list at all. Especially by putting Cervantes in any tier other than "broken", let alone calling him one of the worst characters. Having the range and damage of Siegfried with the speed of Mitsurugi wasn't enough, but all you have to do is spam his three hit combos that have virtually identical animations and just keep playing a guessing game with your opponent.

Come on, why do you even bother with something like a tier list for Soul Blade? I still play it, but who would play it competitively nowadays?...

Dude, I can't agree with your list at all. Especially by putting Cervantes in any tier other than "broken", let alone calling him one of the worst characters. Having the range and damage of Siegfried with the speed of Mitsurugi wasn't enough, but all you have to do is spam his three hit combos that have virtually identical animations and just keep playing a guessing game with your opponent.

sounds like you need to git gud

You realize that post was made 5 fuckin years ago?

As @ZER0 said...git gud. Then get smart. In that order

Back