Soul Cal 4 for the arcade?

whitey

[09] Warrior
google failed me. Does anyone know the situation with Soul Cal 4 coming to arcades? Are they gonna wait a year and release it in japan only? Is it out now? Is there no chance in hell of it happening? Ya figure Capcom has the balls to release Street Fighter 4 in arcades and Namco Released Tekken 5 in arcades why wouldn't namco do the same for so-cal?

its not out in japan, and i dont think it will be. if it's not out in japan... well, that's not good for you if you wan it to be.

I haven't heard anything on the topic, but there 0.01% chance of it officially landing on US soil so it doesn't matter to me. Namco and Sega seem bent on killing American arcades for whatever reason.

don't blame sega and namco for that, blame home consoles like ps3 and 360 for having online gaming, along each generation of console systems closing the gap on graphical looks compared to the arcade to the home versions. Well, that gap has been closed

Plus with the economy the way it is now, some don't wanna have to feed a machine quarters after quarters for a game when they can just plop down $60 and play it at home as much as they like. Arcades have served their time in America but nowadays seeing one is just as rare as seeing a lot of drive in movies

omg don't blame the ps3 or no 360! Blame cox and verizon and whatever other internet service providers there are out there.

F U internet!!!! Hope you die a slow painful death... Actually I hope you die tomorrow so arcades will be a hit again.

Erm...

There are arcades that just pop in a PS3 machine and had it running as an arcade version. But I think that's in Philippines or Indonesia...

omg don't blame the ps3 or no 360! Blame cox and verizon and whatever other internet service providers there are out there.

F U internet!!!! Hope you die a slow painful death... Actually I hope you die tomorrow so arcades will be a hit again.
I found this hilariously ironic that you posted this on a message board on the INTERNET.

Because there's no money in American arcades?

It's a business, man.

What do you mean no money in American arcades? I spent money there last weekend. I goto my local arcade nearly every weekend spending $20-$40. If you think American arcades are dead you've been reading the wrong funny papers.

I'd say if this happens, the odds of a gameplay patch increase dramatically.

Would be mostly for Japan arcades though I think.

Not enough HC players these days.. like when fighting games were basicly new they were huge then it has been going downhill from there. Young guys aren't stepping up. THat's why you'll mostly see 20-30 year old people at tournaments these days.

I haven't heard anything on the topic, but there 0.01% chance of it officially landing on US soil so it doesn't matter to me. Namco and Sega seem bent on killing American arcades for whatever reason.

Arcade version tends to mean rebalancing and move tweaking etc. That could lead to a patch for the home versions.

Not enough HC players these days.. like when fighting games were basicly new they were huge then it has been going downhill from there. Young guys aren't stepping up. THat's why you'll mostly see 20-30 year old people at tournaments these days.
I've noticed that fighting game communities are older and older now with less younger people getting into it. But I never made the connection. Nice observation.

yeah, fighting games are extremely unpopular in the under 20 demographic. Everyone is too busy with FPSs and playing with eachothers wii

As for Socal4 being japan only in arcades in japan that doesn't scare me. "8 on the break" imported a soul cal 3 machine...took em 2 years, but they got it....

arcades died because people realized they can just bring their console someplace and play for free with people there or just play online. i dont see how arcades can compete with that unless they are...freeplay arcades...yea businesses will do that /eyeroll

arcades died because people realized they can just bring their console someplace and play for free with people there or just play online. i dont see how arcades can compete with that unless they are...freeplay arcades...yea businesses will do that /eyeroll

Its a cultural thing, kids these days would rather play online. As for myself I'd rather play in an arcade than park myself on the couch in front of my tv all day. Its a social experience that you just don't get playing online or playing with the same buddy over and over and over.

I blame casual gaming and short attention spans. (Though technically one of the bigger reasons I play FGs is my short attention span.)

well on that note fighting games where pretty much the last genere that only works on arcade...Yeah you can dump money into a joystick and go to each others houses, but then you loose the thrill of playing against new and better competition. You could argue that online play will replace that but with fighting games good online play is still a few years away. Soulcal4 def moved the bar up...buts lets be honest its not perfect.

I've argued for a long time that the generation of gamers that are under 18 are the laziest. Back in my day we would either run for the arcades or have massive LAN parties (Counter strike 1.5, Starcraft and Halo 1 FTW) at each others houses. But for anyone that wasn't old enough for a pre xbox live world they wouldn't appreciate any of this.

Back