Soul Calibur 2 HD Wishlist

Just give me a solid netcode so when this game dies in my state, I'll have a decent way of playing people. That's all I need with this game.

Please fix these glitches:
Post-GI's G2
Post-Auto-GI's G2
Parry > 4525 (opponent)
And this glitch below: (see 6:30)
The input should be like that: GC > do some moves > 3A+G when the weapon on hit. If opponent did GI, the throw anime will be activated. Something like that. I forgot if it exist in Post-GI also or not??? If it is, the input should be like that: GI > do some moves > 3A+G when the weapon on hit (opponent have to GI).

Maybe more, but it is already good enough if Namco did it. Then, I will be satisfied.

I finally have time to play SC2 today. I reviewed the glitches again that remind me this GC's glitch works without GC.
This glitch can happen on any moves under a Move Buffer and Being GIed. You can test it in training mode by setting the CPU doing GI.
For example (with Yunsung's input):
B(whiff) > buffer B+K > pressing 3A+G when Being GIed > Glitch executed
A > buffer 1B > Pressing 3A+G when Being GIed > Glitch executed
SCLV1 > 4A+B > buffer 3B > Pressing 3A+G when Being GIed > Glitch executed
**** You can input 1A+G, 9B+G, 7A+G instead of 3A+G.
I hope Namco can fix this one.

About the Parry Glitch, the correct input should be:
Parry > 2545 (opponent) > Turn to Front Side
You can also do Parry > (opponent) 8545 or [G]2545. The effect will be the same. Actually, I don't mind this glitch still exist because it doesn't hurt the game play and balance.

Last edited:
I finally have time to play SC2 today. I reviewed the glitches again that remind me this GC's glitch works without GC or GI.
This glitch can happen on any moves under a Move Buffer and Being GIed. You can test it in training mode by setting the CPU doing GI.
For example (with Yunsung's input):
B(whiff) > buffer B+K > pressing 3A+G when Being GIed > Glitch executed
A > buffer 1B > Pressing 3A+G when Being GIed > Glitch executed
SCLV1 > 4A+B > buffer 3B when Being GIed > Glitch executed
**** You can input 1A+G, 9B+G, 7A+G instead of 3A+G.
I hope Namco can fix this one.

About the Parry Glitch, the correct input should be:
Parry > 2545 (opponent) > Turn to Front Side
You can also do Parry > (opponent) 8545 or [G]2545. The effect will be the same. Actually, I don't mind this glitch still exist because it doesn't hurt the game play and balance.

Come to our gathering at A&C saturday 12pm until 9pm.

Dunno whether anything should be fixed or not. Just try it out, and if the glitches become stupid (again) well... back to SCV

After I watched Aris' tutorial, that reminds me the G2 system is not that bad.
In Post-GI,
Repel can GI to high-mid mix-ups.
Parry can GI mid-low mix-ups.
G2 can guard high-mid mix-ups, but opponent can get a throw and a free fast low move on you. Yea, Throw beats G2.

Right now, I don't mind if they fix the Post-GI's G2 or not. It seems like I'm convinced by Aris.
If Namco fix it, I think it will bring a whole new experience on SC2 as like a new game.

However, I really concern Post-Auto-GI's G2 and Move Buffer's Throw Glitches.

Last edited:
My wish is that they don't touch a God damn thing. The more they fuck with it the more likely they are to ruin it some how. Record function would be nice but I'd rather we collectively not face the risk of what they might do if they make changes.

Reactions: d3v
This is awesome. Just found out about it the other day. I'm just happy they redid the game with online play since most of my buddies don't play this anymore so I really don't have a wishlist. Maybe team battle and extra arcade for online? I dunno.

My wish was to have the game online, plain and simple thus I'm satisfied. Since we're doing this for fun however, here are a few things I'd welcome/consider:

• Replay Function
  • Simplified matchmaking, less is more. Though ranked can be fun, most of the decent players hang around player matches continually playing. Global Colosseo too was an admirable idea, though once the games population dwindles, I'd rather have more people in one place.

• Easy to tell icon before entering a room if extra weapons/stages are enabled. Just as simple, a phrase allowing people to know if practicing, playing serious, etc. Similar to SCV.

• Though it's competitive depth kept me playing, I also respect SCII as a game. Thus Weapon Master mode could be somewhat more enjoyable if there were online ghosts and leaderboards.

I'd venture if people have serious issue with some of the bugs then the debate to ban use (from way back when) should return. 2G and the like can't be monitored, but many of the glitches that could heavily impact tournament-level play can be. Perhaps some of the Mitsu buffers and GI->throw could be disruptive within the level of play seen in current tournaments. Sadly, compared to other tournament-level genre, fighting games have been slow to pass rules governing these areas, though I do see the passing of collusion rules (long overdue) as a great beginning.

All that said, I'm super hyped for SC2.

Just like all of Namco's games, there's always going to be something wrong with it. Take out the 2G, 3G, 4G LTE glitches, and every other weird buffer glitch, and I'm happy. It'll be nice to play WCMaxi again just like in Vegas.

Back