Soul Calibur 5 Music Discussion

Which SC had the best music in your opinion?

• Total voters
I hope Junichi Nakatsuru returns for this game. I think his music is just incredible. I think he can gasconade the fact that he is very talented. All his pieces of work are true music. I love his Unwavering Resolve, Fearless Eyes, Afterglow ~ A Silent Prayer, The stage of history, History Unfolds, History Beckons, Hour of Destiny, Radiant Souls......so many more. I would also like to see lyric music in the intro like Soul Blade's Edge of the Soul.

Second'd on Keiki Kobayashi, his work's absolutely amazing. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out he worked on a few of my all-time favourite VG songs.

Innocent Vision (SC4's rendition) is definitely my favourite song from Soul Calibur, but here's another epic (but less well known) one by him :D

The music in IV is really good in a dense way, Im still hearing backing music and instruments while I play. Its not my favourite tho, music in II and III was far more rousing and exciting. At the end of the day I think music is also a stage issue, more stages mean more music, more music means more chances of absolute favourites. Ehmm so basically... more please! ;)

I actully think that music like this would make me more excited to fight in Soul Calibur like the music did in 2 and 3.

I found another Umineko no naku koro ni track from the OST that seems very battle theme-esque.~ ;)
Again, this seems very modernly remixed like "worldend_dominator", so pay attention more to the ORCHESTRAL sounds. I swear, ZTS is a good composer.

Everyone has their SC favorites. Which songs from previous SCs would you like to hear in SC5? Which SC game's music style should SC5's music style be inspired from?

My favorites from each are:

SE:
1)Recollect continent
2)Asian Dawn
3)Hagakure

SC1:
1)Name of the Father
2)Worth Dying For
3)Shed Red

SC2:
1)Guided by Wind
2)Healing Winds
3)Unwavering Resolve

SC3:
1)Healing Winds
2)Ephemeral Dream
3)World Distortion

SC4:
1)Uncovered History
2)Gigantesque
3)Immaculate Pledge

The SC game that had the best soundtracks is definitely Soul Edge(Blade).

"Where the Wind Blows (Hubris)" It's been a staple since the original Soul Calibur, it needs to come back. =)

Yes, SE and all of the SC's music are excellent! Like Master_Thespian said, I would also like the music to have a higher tempo like SC2.

I hated how they cut out the begging of Helfire with the organ and choir in SC2. I think we need more choir and gospelish music.

Back