Soul Calibur 5: Taki Discussion

I'd be pissed if Taki got the boot.
She's my main since Soul Blade/Edge.
Losing her would make me feel a bit like shat in the face by Project Soul for playing all their games.
I've put a LOT of my free time into playing Taki.

BUT Natsu's fighting style could actually be better than SC4 Taki because Natsu seems to have many of the good SC2 Taki stuff.
Like wall jumps(i hope for POssession wall rush to return)
And BK seemingly being knockdown/wallsplat/RO without having to hold K.
Agreed,i know,she's my main since Soul edge aswell,it is hard leaving her!

Taki was also the one that got me into the game, Soul Edge. Her fighting style is still in SC5 at least. If not, I'll custom the new "Taki" to be as close as the original one. The one and only.

You all have no idea how much i want Taki to be in SCV,she's is my fav character of the series.But think of it,if Taki Is returning,it would be just a clone of Natsu,that's what everyone hates,including me,we had enough of clones on SC4....didn't we?so if she is returning she should have her own moves,wich means her style will change alot from sc4.
I feel your pain, dude, not having Taki would be the biggest slap in the face for me.
Taki's one of my favourite all-time video game characters

I feel your pain, dude, not having Taki would be the biggest slap in the face for me.
Taki's one of my favourite all-time video game characters
Yeah,Taki IS my fav female characters of all fighting games,i started playing with her since 1998 "even though i was terrible back then" and kept on playing with her till sc4,and now she's leaving us...but trust me, if she is confirmed not to be in SC5,i'm sure that she will return in SC6....

I notice that in the beginning of the new trailer, when they're showing SC4 characters as they zoom in on Pyrrha, all the SC4 characters they show are returning except for Taki. Since it's confirmed that Taki isn't returning as a playable character and she's by no means too old to fight (she'd only be in her mid or early 40's), what do you think happened to her? It had to be something pretty bad to take her out of the fight...

I notice that in the beginning of the new trailer, when they're showing SC4 characters as they zoom in on Pyrrha, all the SC4 characters they show are returning except for Taki. Since it's confirmed that Taki isn't returning as a playable character and she's by no means too old to fight (she'd only be in her mid or early 40's), what do you think happened to her? It had to be something pretty bad to take her out of the fight...

This is an absolute false-hood. It is NOT confirmed that Taki isnt returning as a playable character. In fact, they said at the press conference that I was personally at, That "TAKI ISNT DEAD" that came out of Tago-san's own mouth. They have NOT said rather she is playable or not.

Until that happens (if and when it does happen) please dont smash the hopes and dreams of many taki mainers.

thanx for calling,

HRD

I've known about Taki being alive since it was first announced (via Twitter, IIRC). Taki may be alive but I have 0% hope she'll be a playable character. They're calling Natsu her successor and they're giving her Taki's traditional costume and moves. No sign of a Cassandra/Sophitia situation here. I'd love to be wrong but I see absolutely nothing that could mean Taki will return as a playable character.

But for the sake of the argument, if they do bring her back then she'd have to be completely different from her old self since Natsu's taking over that moveset. I wouldn't mind seeing an older and wiser Taki in more sensei-like attire (robes, hair down, more grounded and firm stance rather than looking like she'll be doing flips all over the place) that's less agile but able to deliver more precise and damaging attacks. Once again, I doubt we'll see this here but since there's so much outrage for Taki and demand for bringing her back, maybe in SC6 we'll see her again.

My worst fear is that one of the last times we'll see Taki is in Natsu's light-hearted, comedic ending where she tries to skip ninja class but gets caught by Taki. Some nonsense like that is absolutely not a fitting end for such a bad-ass demon hunter.

From the Natsu thread:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/26/cyberconnect2-is-creating-soulcalibur-vs-story/

"The team wanted to show Natsu, Taki’s apprentice first, instead of showing Taki who aged 17 years after the events in Soulcalibur IV. Natsu will not be a Taki clone either. She has her own fighting style and many teleporting moves."

Why would they say "first" unless they meant that they also had something worth showing for Taki? Why would they have to deconfirm that she's a clone, if there weren't a moveset for Taki as well? I guess they could mean that she won't be a clone of SC4 Taki, but it still seems to me that they're only talking about SC5.

My money is on Taki being in and playable.

Also, I know it's almost assured, but I really hope we don't get a 10-20 second ending for the characters like the aforementioned ninja-class-skipping. I hope it's something really epic, and that story mode is something to rival MK9's. Considering how much money they're spending on developing this game, I have high hopes.

The soul of soul calibur was too overwhelming like an alien power that got Taki and Mitsu together. Therefore Natsu was born. She is actually 17. Gross.

I know this might be silly but my wishlist is to have Taki in SCV and to be playable. It would be a sad loss but we cannot judge her new apprentice as of yet...we haven't seen much of her but IMO, she looks great so far.

I know this might be silly but my wishlist is to have Taki in SCV and to be playable. It would be a sad loss but we cannot judge her new apprentice as of yet...we haven't seen much of her but IMO, she looks great so far.
If Taki was playable, there would be no point in having Natsu at all. You might as well wish for EVERY character that didn't make the cut to return. No offense, but I'm really getting tired of seeing "I wish Taki was playable" posts. Before you know it's "I want Cervantes!" or "I want Zasalamel!" or "I want Seong Mina!" I understand there's some attachment involved with some of the characters. but since we were told that only half of the old cast will be playable, you should at least be ready to expect the possibility of a personal favorite not showing up.

It's Taki's Soul Arena what do you expect?

A bit of speculation:

Rekki-Maru (her good sword) broke in a fight, resulting in that Mekki-Maru (her evil sword, infused with a fragment of Soul Edge) got the upper hand, turning Taki into a new Villian.

I'd so love to see a "Nightmare-ish" Taki, not with a mangled arm but maybe with wings?
Sharp, Soul-Edgy wings that are implemented in her combos and enhance her Hover and air grab and stuff. Her shoulder and shin armor demons could become animate and i could go on and on like this for hours :D

Taki still has so much potential.

I'm pretty sure Natsu wont be a clone of Taki,They said that she will have her own Style.They also said that instead of showing Taki who aged 17 years,we decided to show Natsu "FIRST".So that means that they will show Taki Soon....

I saw several Taki moves from Natsu (BK, 44K, her SC2 wall jump kick and Fan Dance) But no PO, WR or Stalker.
I'm sure Taki can also have learned new stuff they should be able to make 2 unique command lists with that set of weapons.

If Taki was playable, there would be no point in having Natsu at all. You might as well wish for EVERY character that didn't make the cut to return. No offense, but I'm really getting tired of seeing "I wish Taki was playable" posts. Before you know it's "I want Cervantes!" or "I want Zasalamel!" or "I want Seong Mina!" I understand there's some attachment involved with some of the characters. but since we were told that only half of the old cast will be playable, you should at least be ready to expect the possibility of a personal favorite not showing up.
lol as fleshmasher said above - it's the Taki soul arena. If you don't like these posts, get off this thread..

FYI, someone started a 'Natsu or Taki' poll in the SC5 Natsu section:

http://8wayrun.com/threads/natsu-or-taki.7800/page-2

I voted for Taki of course but I don't think I really have a problem with Natsu anymore. Don't get me wrong, if Taki's actually playable in SC5 I'll choose her in a heartbeat (though again, under the circumstances, I doubt she actually will be playable). But I guess I wouldn't mind giving Natsu a try anymore.

Maybe if Namco sees that enough people want Taki back they'll put her in SC6.

Would you guys be happier if Natsu's Critical Edge changed?

She now goes super saiyan mode for 10 seconds, her hair turns black and her eyes turn brown. Her tits get bigger and her name changes to "taki" ??

Back