Soul Calibur 5: Taki Discussion

Would you guys be happier if Natsu's Critical Edge changed?

She now goes super saiyan mode for 10 seconds, her hair turns black and her eyes turn brown. Her tits get bigger and her name changes to "taki" ??
By putting this you are only giving people false hope that she will magically turn into Taki every 10 seconds. Or are you trying to say that Taki is the demon within her?

The point i'm saying is it's just a name and a skin (maybe voice too). As long as the majority of the movelist and playstyle stay intact, it's not like you lose taki for nothing.

The point i'm saying is it's just a name and a skin (maybe voice too). As long as the majority of the movelist and playstyle stay intact, it's not like you lose taki for nothing.
It's aesthetic. It's great that the move set wasn't thrown out, but most of us want the awesome character it came from.

That would be bad if Taki is the demon within Natsu. Imagine a master gets into an apprentice's body just to preserve his/her existence.

For a lot of people it's not just that. For me at least, it's more than her moveset. One reason I never made many custom characters of Taki in SCIV and just edited her was because it wasn't her moveset that I loved. It was her as a whole. Sure her moveset was something I took into consideration, but Taki's character was one that I was naturally drawn to. Think about it like this. If it was all based on movesets, then there would be no problem with replacing Taki with this character if she had her moveset:

http://bourgy.com/images/tanisha.jpg

actually ignore that example I would totally play as that character. But Natsu as a character doesn't appeal to me.

I don't know why you feel the need to post pictures of your girlfriend here.

----
But on a more serious note, that is an unfair comparison as that example you have is in a contemporary setting as opposed to the 1500-1600s. Further, I honestly imagine that you can at least have taki's trademark ponytail as a hairstyle, and with a lil CAS elbow grease you'd at least approach 75% taki (you can have the colour jumpsuit, boob size, hair style, hair colour) and the only thing you would be lacking is the voice and the face. All hope is not lost

It looks to me that Natsu "disappear" when she does the possesion rush and hover. Maybe this is better in mixing up attacks. Her "super" however, looks really slow. Maybe it is meant for combos for juggling.

I know it sucks to see your main going, now forgive me if I sound callous, but get over it. I like Taki just fine, but I don't see anything wrong with Natsu, and I like that she has more reasonable... proportions... while still being far from unattractive. Give her a chance.

I mean, if Raphael doesn't make it, I'll have to pick up a new main, but I'm not going to trash Amy out of spite for her replacing him.

Well, first: We didn't see Taki going yet.
Amy's appearance in SC4 for example didn't mean that Raph was out.
Natsu looks a lot like a Taki replacement but we don't know if Taki is out yet.

I wonder why everyone is so sure Taki will be gone.

Second: The most Taki fans like me have gone rather quiet, and stopped hating on Natsu.

Third: The "Proportions" thing got rather old, i wonder when people will "get over" Taki having bigger boobs than the average Japanese woman.

Fourth, for emphasis:

Taki is NOT deconfirmed yet.

I wonder why everyone is so sure Taki will be gone.

Maybe it's not 100% confirmed, but why would they have them both? Taki could be included as an extra character that uses Natsu's moveset, maybe, but I really don't think she'll be returning as a main character.

I always use Taki, but I won't deny that Taki and Natsu are very much alike. So to have the same type of fighters is very unlikely, unless Taki is a "bonus" character. But then again,
TAKI IS NOT DECONFIRMED YET - I understand.

I think they have to put in Taki (fighting different than Natsu) to prove that Natsu is not Taki clone. (As Daishi said on twitter)
Because at the moment Natsu looks pretty much like a Taki clone (On PORC steroids though)

Well a long way to acceptance for me then.
I think i'm still in the denial stage.
And by the way i'm also drafting a big ass "told you so" post at the moment in preparation for her confirmation.

I don't care too strongly one way or another. I just think you guys are being way too silly about this.

The best position to have I think is wait and see.

Would you guys be happier if Natsu's Critical Edge changed?

She now goes super saiyan mode for 10 seconds, her hair turns black and her eyes turn brown. Her tits get bigger and her name changes to "taki" ??

I think her CE, should remain the same. Taki was missing a great OTG, n now Natsu CE does just that. Im loving Natsu every second that passes.

Back