Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

My expectations with a robust CAS feature is that it'll take away (or usually takes away) from the hands on deck. Nevermind that there may be a "separate team" working on this there are always features that are more worthwhile considering we havent had a really good CAS mode ever. The hair options are always limited, for some reason theres no way to edit the 1p and 2p (outside of BD and nobody bought that on PSP), there are lots of duplicate items with different color palettes...just scrap the whole idea if you arent going to go all in

And dont go all in before the base game is all the way there. Id expect them to release info about CAS no earlier than late spring early summer.

If its another Tekken 7 fiasco, I'll just depressingly be here to harp about the flaws with the game that could have been addressed had this mode not been so much of a focus. We will truly see.

If its another Tekken 7 fiasco, I'll just depressingly be here to harp about the flaws with the game that could have been addressed had this mode not been so much of a focus. We will truly see
Wut? T7 has neither customization, nor good single player, nor good online.
It's an effortless cashgrab in all aspects but fighting itself and customization haven't hurt it in any way.
My expectations with a robust CAS feature is that it'll take away (or usually takes away) from the hands on deck. Nevermind that there may be a "separate team" working on this
Well, yes. It's made by different people from those that are in charge of characters and balance and whatnot. CaS doesn't really take away anything, but budget.
we havent had a really good CAS mode ever
Well, if SC3 rich content, Tekken 6 hair customization and SCV bodyshape customization and stickers with coloring are to be united in SC6 customization - we could get an awesome CaS. It probably won't happen, but we can hope for the better.

But the Producer of SC6 worked on the Tekken 7 team.

To say theres no correlation is just not true, especially since we will see in due time how much Tekken 7 influenced SC6.

We already have the equivalent of Rage Drive and Rage Art.

Yeah, I spend way too long on CaS and tbh if they do a T7 or TTT2, and has only like three slots (hats, upper body, lower body), I will die.
It'd also be nice to have custom only styles, but that's just me having my hopes too high.

Been playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance and it has a pretty decent amount of item slots. So if we get something like this:

Head
Face
Neck
Lower Body
Mid Body
Upper Body
Arms
Lower Legs
Mid Legs
Upper Legs
Feet
...And a few accessory slots.

Though I hope faces are more customizable. And that means separate beards from the faces. I mean why can eyebrows be separate but you can't choose facial hair?

Can they just let us choose what we want to be broken and not,. Just set Head, face ,shoulders, neck/cape as high, Upper body, Upper body(jacket), gauntlets/gloves as mid, Belt/fauld, trousers, feet as low, and let us choose what we want to be broken. Simple. As long as there is an armor break after it does it really matter?

Pants! Different type of pants including speedos, boxers, fundoshi and other fashions! Breakable pants! And pixelation after pants get broken!

My old post from long dead thread about customisation:
First of all: Customisation/creation must not affect character stats and gameplay(balance is first priority).
A) We should be able to create non-human characters (at least lizards and skeletons)
B) All items from SC3, 4, 5, BrokenDestiny and LostSwords and all normal characters' items+ something new.(of course at least 1/3 or even 1/2 of this will be DLC, i have no illusions about this)

C) There should be only two sizes available: recommended and mimic size. (balance purposes)

D) Take all the faces from SC3-5 and divide them on parts giving us the opportunity to choose the eyes, nose, cheekbones and lips separately

E) Facial hair as a separate option (moustache and beard are selected separately)

F) Ability to select mood on our character’s face

G) More voices moods, but their lines should be selected apart of their temper (more lines also). Also some silent option and some nonhuman incomprehensible noises (eg: inferno, lizard).

H) We should be able to select separately front hair(can be divided into left/right), back hair and whiskers(can be divided into left/right)

I) Hairstyles should be adjustable: hair length(greatly for most of the hairstyles, slightly for some of them, and very few could not have adjustment for lenght) and for some of them position (eg: ponytail into sidetail or lowtail or anything else, same for twintails, braid, etc) ie flip them as you want

J) Also ability to use two hairstyles at same time eg: bobcut+ponytail, longhair+twintails, twinbuns+frenchbraid etc. Of course you still can use anything on its own.

K) Length of back hairstyles(1 and 2), front hair and whiskers are adjusted separately

L) Solve clipping problem

M)Fix the floaty issues and compatibility problems (there should be a little % of incompatible things)

N) armor customisation consists of: head, ears, hair accessories(hairpins and such), additional hair accessories (for tails, braids and such), mask(upper), mask(lower), mask(full), underwear(up), underwear(down), underwear(full)(including body hair, full scarred body etc), mid torso, upper torso, arms(two layers for that: armor and tissue gloves), shoulder, neckwear, waist, lower leg, upper leg, shin, socks, foot, special equipment(slot 1, 2, 3).

O) Ability to “unpair”: use different arm equipment for left and right arm (or pair something that is supposed to be on one arm(eg: gladiator’s manic)), same for shoulders and some special equipment. Also for paired special equipment make actual horizontal slider and separation slider.

P) Give us ability to make one arm and/or leg mechanical(like Yoshi’s right arm in creation mode) or demonically deformed (like Nightmare’s arm)

Q) Also add some belts to special equipment category.

R) Give to us ability to see our character in after-armor-break state

S) Give to us ability to select 3 (in addition to unbreakable-by-default) things unbreakable (cannot be special equipment) or make everything breakable (except underwear and socks that are unbreakable by default)

T) Weapon customization: take all the weapons from each game (including ones from SC3 that were for created/special characters only) and divide on parts to select each part separately for us to create our own weapon(for SC3 special weapons Barbarian’s (claymore discipline) weapons parts usable for both Siegfried and Nightmare, Kamikirimusi's weapons for Nightmare, Knight’s lances for Hilde, etc). Example of creation on sword users (Sieg,Night,Mitsu,Pat,etc): head, the hilt, Garda, blade, tip, special equipment (unadjustable, just a charm, pendant and such), ornament (two slots, some sort of patterns, but for weapons). Also pair weapons should be customized separately (eg: Serv’s swords, Aeon’s axes, sword and shield of Pyrrha, Pat, Sophitia), shield( if represented style have one) also should customizable as much as swords. Z.W.E.I.’s sword also should be customizable and E.I.N. too (just give some equipment to select for this spirit-wolf). And also add some sort of aura option for weapons (not necessary).

U) Also only Soulcalibur and Souledge must be selectable only as full weapons (but still there can be added aura to them) and can’t be recolored (but you still can change weapon’s trial).

V) More weapon trials like smoke, ice, coins, leafs, rainbow, electricity, darkness, light, neon, Double-Trial (Yin-Yang) etc

W)Also why weapon trial can’t be colored black or grey?

X) Pallets for hair

Y) Heterochromia option for eyes

Z) Glowing eyes option (also ability to make only one eye glow)

AA) 8+ slots for stickers in total (without any separation on “big ones” and “normal”)

BB) Also adjustment meters should have number values for stickers. And we should be able to correct sticker’s length and width instead of just “size”. Also we should be able to use them on legs, full head (for bald and mummy characters) and on lower parts of clothes.

CC) Separate category – damage. Also 8+ slots. It is consists of body-scars and clothing damage. (same rules of placing as stickers)

DD) 25 symbols for character’s name

EE) Snapshot: Foreground and background should be adjustable. Frame as a separate category from foreground and background. We should be able to select different stage for snapshot. Lighting also should be a separate category. And wind option: select how strong it is and were relatively to the character it blows.
FF) Also custom chars also can have two costumes.

I agree 100% with this list of improvements!!! Especially with [Ability to “unpair”: use different arm equipment for left and right arm (or pair something that is supposed to be on one arm(eg: gladiator’s manic)), same for shoulders and some special equipment]

The problem with giving a robust character creation feature is that you will run the risk of making characters that are comparable to the main cast, which if you werent aware Namco will NEVER do. They dont want you to show up the characters they designed, so they will give you just enough to make it tolerable but they will always be inferior to the main cast. I wouldnt expect anything more than what SCIV has. Creat a Character is not to make a character that you wish Namco would have included.

And so theres this circular debate here, where people like me feel like the mode is just wasted assets and time that could be put elsewhere.

I would rather you be able to edit existing characters. Cut out the create a character completely.

Pants! Different type of pants including speedos, boxers, fundoshi and other fashions! Breakable pants! And pixelation after pants get broken!
Hey, there was a naked male lower body you could access with save editing. But, if I remember correctly, if your broken armour and regular armour contained completely different parts, it would break your accessory placement... so using it like that would generally cause problems.
I had some fun designs for a certain Aztec-inspired character of mine, though!

Creation mode in soulcalibur 5 was a big upgrade from 3 amd 4 if namco ever reads this (someone get this to them) if you Namco want creation mode to shine you must take what 5 did in creation and improve it. the thing that made it good in five was the ability to take 3d objects like shapes and decorative stuff and move them anywhere on the character model and change the size like length and such. I believe they were called special parts. an example would be on a lot of my characters I'd use the halo and use it to cover there eyes to give them a sort of tron look. that's a small example but do to this simple feature of the special parts combined with the stickers you could use in 5 you could make almost anything ranging from predator to goof and mickymouse. you must keep this feature in soulcalibur 6, Namco soulcalibur 5 didn't go so well for you but you nailed creation mode in 5 play 5 and look at that creation mode and improve it for soulcalibur 6. I mean hell watch the soulcalibur 5 creation trailer that you guys at Namco put out back then. Please consider my words creation mode in soulcalibur 6 will live or die on this choice you can take my word for it I've made over 200 creations in 5 so add more than 100 slots! lol

I've never been very impressed with it even when it debuted in SC3 so I'd rather them scrap it altogether and focus more on creating a great single player experience. The only way I'd be interested in character creation is if it had a lot more depth and if you could also customize their weapon and moves as well. Otherwise what's the point? You're basically creating an alternate costume for one of the main characters. Seems like a waste of time.

To be honest I found character creation to be a step forward but also being a step backward in the latter installments. In IV I do like how you can finally change the muscle mass of the CAS (particularly of the males), but I felt that it was pretty limited with the clothing pieces. In the one that followed afterward I actually hated how some of the fucking clothing seemed to be floating from the character and how some clothing you couldn't combine and of some you could would overlap with some other pieces of clothing. Also after seeing so many badly taken screenshots of CAS at deviantART that look so damn terrible to top it off I can't wait for the inevitable to happen.

This is of course subjective and was the only complete mode in V for casuals. I do like it, do not get me wrong. It just has some issues.

It was at its finest in SoulCalibur III where custom characters had their own mode in Chronicles of the Sword, as it gave them purpose and they even had their own unique styles. You might argue SoulCalibur IV with Tower of Lost Souls, but that was mostly a crapshoot because equipment had stats and so you were inclined to minmax instead of coming up with unique designs.

Back