Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAAAAND Setsuka tops Mi-na.

14457485_1188456731197657_7666667696125060095_n.jpg

I don't get why people don't like Elysium tbh

Because she was the pinnacle proof of a rushed game. The design itself is nice but she was just Edge Master but with only female characters. Why that when we already have Edge Master? They could've made her much more interesting with her own fighting style but the game was rushed to meet a deadline so they just had to slap a bunch of shit together in the end. We can clearly see it in the story, the characters, arcade mode the few bugs that are and will never be fixed because they don't care.

The design itself is nice but she was just Edge Master but with only female characters.

They could've made her much more interesting with her own fighting style

Elysium is the female equivalent of SoulEdge from Soul Blade or Inferno from SC2, it makes sense that she's just edge master with female characters. She's pretty interesting without being a unique fighting style, just like SoulEdge and Inferno are, and considering all the people who have wielded Soul Caliber thinking it was an innocent sword, like Sophitia, or Xianghua, etc, it would also make sense that she's able to utilise their fighting styles y'know?

Elysium is the female equivalent of SoulEdge from Soul Blade or Inferno from SC2, it makes sense that she's just edge master with female characters. She's pretty interesting without being a unique fighting style, just like SoulEdge and Inferno are, and considering all the people who have wielded Soul Caliber thinking it was an innocent sword, like Sophitia, or Xianghua, etc, it would also make sense that she's able to utilise their fighting styles y'know?

Doesn't really matter if it makes sense or not. People don't want more than one mimic character in a fighting game and since Soul Calibur already have a huge variety of characters, it's just strange that they decided to go with this instead.

Elysium is kinda like a better version of Inferno, but she is still just the spirit of an object. Sure, Soul Calibur and Soul Edge are the main villains of the series, but its not like Elysium and Inferno appear a lot of time commanding stuff, they just stay inside the swords, not showing up on their own and ending up as a surprise appearence in the end. In addition, they also don't have movesets on their own (Elysium has a favorite one in SCV, but only when you're against her and the moveset belongs to other characters, Sophitia and Pyrrha Ω), nor do they have a personality or an actual form. There is literally nothing attractive for them, its totally normal that they are not popular.

I personally like both Inferno (I prefer its looks when it was using Cerv as a base to shape itself like SCV unusable costume or SE looks) and Elysium, I just don't like that they are mimics. They could have some cool fighting styles as a pure supernatural beings (and in most cases - bosses). Or if they actually don't need any "too personal for just physical manifestation of an object" movesets, then why not go Necrid route and mix movesets of previous wielders of those swords into their fighting styles? Elys could use crystals to shape weapons and inferno purple flames or something.

I believe there should be a maximum of 2 mimic characters if they want to have one for male styles and one for females styles so you can have coherent animations (EdgeMaster being all "Justice will prevail" was atrocious to see), 3 in one game was overdoing it though.

So glad Setsuka won the last vote contest! I didn't expect it even though I voted for her. Guess it shows how appreciated she is.

Its not like either Setsuka or Mi-Na are great for it to be a good contest. She will most definitely not make through Talim.

But in the end, Inferno/NM always uses the same style. I'd rather have an Elysium with a single personal style than a mimic. Even if it made sense, since SCV everything is possible.

Because she was the pinnacle proof of a rushed game. The design itself is nice but she was just Edge Master but with only female characters.
Her design makes her pretty forgettable and it's plainness makes hard for me to fit her as a legitimate character. The only thing I like about it was the helmet, where as I would have wanted something grander than that to emphasize her stature. I would have imagined her with entire armor made from the Soul Calibur itself in an "amazonian" style under something more elaborate than a silk bikini.

I believe there should be a maximum of 2 mimic characters if they want to have one for male styles and one for females styles so you can have coherent animations (EdgeMaster being all "Justice will prevail" was atrocious to see), 3 in one game was overdoing it though.

So glad Setsuka won the last vote contest! I didn't expect it even though I voted for her. Guess it shows how appreciated she is.
With the uneven gender ratio, having them split based on the gender is pretty limiting to the randomization. Also, anything more than just one mimic already feels crowded. As for the poses, the seemed to have worked better with a genderless character like Charade that didn't have a persona to contrast them, but it was just a figure taking different body shapes to me. A mimic character only makes sense to be abstract or inhuman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back