Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about some of you guys, but I'd rather get hyped for other things for the time being, I really don't think waiting for SCVI should be the only thing to focus on.
Agreed. I mean there are so many other things to get excited for these days, such as the recently released Injustice 2. A lot of people now already have that on their minds right now anyway lol.

Notice that the last battle was between Patroklos and Pyrrha before they stopped posting entirely.

I'll let that sink in for a moment.
Does it really matter considering people stopped giving a shit about those on the current table they ceased any activity on?

Just something fun to point out. I guess whoever running the Facebook page got tired of all the (well deserved) hate comments demanding them to announce SCVI.

Yes, really. I hardly ever seen anyone who likes Pat as a genuine character (not as a movelist). Don't even try to feed me that bullshit.
I've met and seen several people who enjoy Pat as an actual character dude, whether they are competitive players or casual players.

I've met and seen several people who enjoy Pat as an actual character dude, whether they are competitive players or casual players.
Yeah, "several" people liking him doesn't mean the majority of people don't like him. Anyways, I'm not having this argument with you because I've had it far too many times.

I like Patroklos as a character. He's meant to be disliked, but a main character who is arrogant at first is refreshing, and in comparison to Pyrrha, at least he isn't boring. He eventually redeems himself anyway. His battle quotes and smug face are also funny to me.

As for SCVI, the franchise might as well be dead if nothing will get announced this year.

I like Patroklos as a character. He's meant to be disliked, but a main character who is arrogant at first is refreshing, and in comparison to Pyrrha, at least he isn't boring. He eventually redeems himself anyway.

As for SCVI, the franchise might as well be dead if nothing will get announced this year.
I don't think he's meant to be disliked, at least not how Daishi intended. The entire marketing made him out to be this awesome new hero, which was misleading, and they tried to play him as someone you want to see redeemed (as opposed to being killed, horribly). While villain protagonists can be done well (Agent 47, Walter White, Lucy, Light Yagami, Niko Bellic, Dexter etc.), the kind of hate for it to be acceptable is "love to hate" as in, they're a well-written character. Patroklos is the antithesis of a well-written character, the kind people hate specifically for being shitty.

And his redemption was shitty and contrived.

I don't think he's meant to be disliked, at least not how Daishi intended. The entire marketing made him out to be this awesome new hero, which was misleading, and they tried to play him as someone you want to see redeemed (as opposed to being killed, horribly). While villain protagonists can be done well (Agent 47, Walter White, Lucy, Light Yagami, Niko Bellic, Dexter etc.), the kind of hate for it to be acceptable is "love to hate" as in, they're a well-written character. Patroklos is the antithesis of a well-written character, the kind people hate specifically for being shitty.

And his redemption was shitty and contrived.

It's true that he isn't necessarily well written, but that is thanks to the developers barely having the time to finish the game anyway. To me, his redemption is decent considering the length of the story.

The story was bad for what it was, even when taking into account the rushed development.

Also, just to take a trip down memory lane...

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back