Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like someone fell victim to some tech crouches.

Ha, no, I was referring to their personas, not styles. Like, 1 Patroklos slot and you can choose which style you want to lose. Also the terrible attitude goes. As for Pyrrha there's not much difference between the two so they can be combined (hopefully with Onega as the dominant one).

(Can't really complain about tech crouches here - I'm an Alpha player :D)

Ha, no, I was referring to their personas, not styles. Like, 1 Patroklos slot and you can choose which style you want to lose. Also the terrible attitude goes. As for Pyrrha there's not much difference between the two so they can be combined (hopefully with Onega as the dominant one).

Sophitia is joining lost swords and that makes Omega obsolete. Patroklos has a unique and masculine S&S style but if Setsuka/Neve never returns then it could go either way.

Sophitia is joining lost swords and that makes Omega obsolete. Patroklos has a unique and masculine S&S style but if Setsuka/Neve never returns then it could go either way.
We don't even know if Lost Swords is canon or not.

From the looks of it, it's non-canon, like Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

So chances are that Elysium will be in instead for the next canon game, or Pyrrha ends up being the only S&S user.....hopefully.

You are pretty much talking about styles....

Their presentation was preplanned to be this way. They failed to appeal because of bad planning, the new characters dont mesh at all, whatever they did when making Tira/Talim/Zas and Hilde is what they should have been thinking for the new cast.
This is all subjective, obviously.

All of the new characters fit the whole criteria of past additions. Take Natsu for example. As if a "European dressed in Japanese clothing" hasn't been done before.....

If I were to make an exception, it would be ZWEI, but do I care? Not really.

Last edited:
The dialogue could use some buffs. I mean what is up with that noise Leixia makes when she gets K.O.ed by Maxi?
BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
I cant get it out of my head how pretentiously urban the new characters were trying to be... even in the laws of tropes it says not to make characters say things or do things that conflict with the time frame they are supposed to be dedicated to. Using phrases like "That didnt SUCK" or "Man, I sucked" just kills so much of the atmosphere... I mess the old SC that said old fashioned stuff like "loathesome cur" and stuff... thats what made the game cultured....

The new three Asians....are something I avoid looking to.
No Lost Swords is obliviously no canon, they will just repair some plot holes, like dismissing Sophitia death, and putting "Unknown what happened." They will also probably pick Taki as well, albeit unlikely.
And God, PS please kill Pyrrha, boring character with even more boring movement.
If I have to bet, Sophitia/Zasalamel/ and maybe Iferno but that is it for old characters, at least for now, after they to start make DLC characters or a mega DLC that will complete SCV disc.

Last edited:
All of the new characters fit the whole criteria of past additions. Take Natsu for example. As if a "European dressed in Japanese clothing" hasn't been done before......
Actually that would be Setsuka you are describing, Natsu is just an expy of Naruto. A not-so-asian looking ninja who is shunned by everyone except by their master and some newly made friends because a demon lives inside of them.

You are pretty much talking about styles....

Surely not? 1 slot keeps Patroklos and you can choos whether to use Patroklos as we know him now or Setsuka-style Patroklos. Besides, he left that attitude behind when he transitioned to Alpha so it'd be silly for that persona to remain.

As for Pyrrha it'd be hard to do anything but combine their styles since they're so similar. But I just really want regular Pyrrha gone. >_>

Agreed on the Pat thing but I'd rather have regular Pyrrha than Omega. It also seems to be the direction the devs are going in.
Unless you mean Pyrrha's personality in which case, no love lost for that whiny.... XD

Actually that would be Setsuka you are describing, Natsu is just an expy of Naruto. A not-so-asian looking ninja who is shunned by everyone except by their master and some newly made friends because a demon lives inside of them.
Setsuka and Arthur are who I'm describing.

Whether she is an expy or not, Natsu is a character in the series that has huge potential to be better.

The whole Expy thing has been attempted before. Even Setsuka (Lady Snowblood), and Mitsurugi (Musashi Miyamoto, and technically Haohmaru, but that goes back to Musashi Miyamoto).

There have even been comments here saying that the anime tropes have been used in this series before (Soul Edge), but they've developed further as the series progressed. From that point on, Namco has used anime tropes as a base and then researched from other sources of media (again, Setsuka and her direct inspiration). They are doing the same thing with the new characters.

Last edited:
Mitsurugi and Setsuka still have a good handful of things to differentiate themselves from their inspirations while they are molded into the SC universe, they aren't as blatant as Natsu. That is the only point I am trying to make and I didn't mention Arthur because he is not relevant.

just logging in after a long break, cool to see that discussion continued after I left! You guys rock!

I guess we also getting a new SC game lol, the single player thing that's coming out... somehow I don't think it's the game anyone here wanted XD

Taki can be brought back using sais.

And of course, if there'll be new characters. How about someone from Egypt wielding a kopesch?
This, plus having all the missing characters come back. I'm pretty sure that there will be new characters in SC6, but the ones Project Soul needs to bring in the mix are an Aztec warrior using a wooden swordclub, An Arabian fighter using a scimitar, A warrior prince from Siam using twin sickles and a Muay Thai style, A viking (obviously), A Samoan Warrior, and a tribeswoman warrior from Africa. That's what I'm hoping to see in SC6.

Well how about a list:

From SCV:
Patroklos - A new weapon or keep Setsuka's style
Pyrrha - Give her courage like Sophitia now.
ZWEI
Natsu
Xiba - A new weapon if Killik should return to his old style
Leixia
Viola/Amy

Siegfried
Nightmare
Mitsurugi
Maxi
Raphael
Astaroth
Ivy
Cervantes
Voldo
Yoshimitsu
Tira
Aeon Calcos
Kilik
Dampierre - Give him purpose!
Edge Master/Olcadan

Missing to bring back:
Taki - give her sais
Talim - bring her back
Yunsung - make him serious
Xianghua - Hard to decide
Cassandra - Should Pyrrha be out of the game now if she came back?
Setsuka - reveal her true origins

New:
- A new scythe user who can honor Zasalamel
- Bangoo with tomahawks. If tomahawks exist in the past times.
- A warrior from Egypt with a kopesch
- An arabian from Arabia wielding a scimitar
- A ninja wielding a kusarigama
- A new knight who can wield a lance

No Need:
Zasalamel
Seong Mina
Rock

This, plus having all the missing characters come back. I'm pretty sure that there will be new characters in SC6, but the ones Project Soul needs to bring in the mix are an Aztec warrior using a wooden swordclub, An Arabian fighter using a scimitar, A warrior prince from Siam using twin sickles and a Muay Thai style, A viking (obviously), A Samoan Warrior, and a tribeswoman warrior from Africa. That's what I'm hoping to see in SC6.

By the way.

The wooden swordclub. This is what its called:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl

Well how about a list:

From SCV:
Patroklos - A new weapon or keep Setsuka's style
Pyrrha - Give her courage like Sophitia now.
ZWEI
Natsu
Xiba - A new weapon if Killik should return to his old style
Leixia
Viola/Amy

Siegfried
Nightmare
Mitsurugi
Maxi
Raphael
Astaroth
Ivy
Cervantes
Voldo
Yoshimitsu
Tira
Aeon Calcos
Kilik
Dampierre - Give him purpose!
Edge Master/Olcadan

Missing to bring back:
Taki - give her sais
Talim - bring her back
Yunsung - make him serious
Xianghua - Hard to decide
Cassandra - Should Pyrrha be out of the game now if she came back?
Setsuka - reveal her true origins

New:
- A new scythe user who can honor Zasalamel
- Bangoo with tomahawks. If tomahawks exist in the past times.
- A warrior from Egypt with a kopesch
- An arabian from Arabia wielding a scimitar
- A ninja wielding a kusarigama
- A new knight who can wield a lance

No Need:
Zasalamel
Seong Mina
Rock

Pat should keep his own style, Setsuka should come back, Natsu could have sais, Taki should be herself, Xianghua shouldn't comeback because she 10-0 the whole cast.

Pat should keep his own style, Setsuka should come back, Natsu could have sais, Taki should be herself, Xianghua shouldn't comeback because she 10-0 the whole cast.

What about Kilik? Xiba can surely take Seong Mina's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back