Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, I'd prefer Omega to drop the shield and become more Nightmarish, but Cassie needs to change her weapon too because we already have Sophitia and Patroklos as S&S users. Tree times of the same weapon is stupid and Pat's moveset is too unique to change/cut.
I really can't think of how to alter Cass without it being drastic. I still think it defeats why people want her back. If anything she and Sophitia should be the Sword & Shield styles while Pat should change his. Especially considering he drops his style anyway in his story for a single sword. Just not as Setsuka. That or Cassandra gets a different style reflecting Astral Chaos but then I think that would be SCV's Kilik issue all over again.

Last edited:
Shut the fuck up.

You act like Maxi *had* to be immortal, when he didn't. It'd be just as easy to give him Maxi Jr., and why couldn't Taki age when she had shard of Soul Edge and ninja magic anyways? It makes no sense.
ONE MORE TIME AND I SWEAR TO GOD YOU'RE GONE! I've tried to be nice. I've tried to be understanding. You go around spouting theories and opinions as if they are facts. When people disagree you turn aggressive and start shit. I'm telling you now in public don't start! Goddammit what is wrong with you people!

When @Nyte hits the fan, all hell breaks loose. Fun or serious, hypothetical or facts, whatever the current topic is in this thread, he will go nuts. In the end, I just like having fun discussing the game/possible game, crazy ideas/concepts or not.

Shut the fuck up.

You act like Maxi *had* to be immortal, when he didn't. It'd be just as easy to give him Maxi Jr., and why couldn't Taki age when she had shard of Soul Edge and ninja magic anyways? It makes no sense.
You are actually ill, aren't you?

ONE MORE TIME AND I SWEAR TO GOD YOU'RE GONE! I've tried to be nice. I've tried to be understanding. You go around spouting theories and opinions as if they are facts. When people disagree you turn aggressive and start shit. I'm telling you now in public don't start! Goddammit what is wrong with you people!
It's hard not to get aggressive when people say things like what @Crash X just did. Sorry.

I don't know if it was ever openly said, but.... Soul Calibur V was done in only a year.
In such short time of development Namco could update SCIV ( fix & improve movesets for all characters, add new character(s) and game modes) instead of SCV. Instead we have two unfinished/incomplete/broken games SCIV & SCV.

Last edited:
If the leaks are true I can understand that posters can be "passionate". I don't know why people need to be so argumentative /disagreeable in light of potential good news.

Just turn that into positive energy and discussion, rather than being an asshole. Post wishlists and speculation threads and all that is fine by me. Just don't dwell on the past, since SC5 has been a long while back.

If you keep that in mind, this forum will be a good place for all.

I'd be bummed, unless his style stuck around. That's really all that matters to me in his case.
Would anyone truly be sad if only Viola and ZWEI were carried over from V?
I can understand liking Pat's style, but that seems to be the only thing most would even be sad about.

Pyrrha seems to generally be disliked and annoying, with Pyrrha Omega being the thing most people even think is worth retaining and focusing on if she did come back.
Natsu.... needs work to salvage, and I could see them do it. But if they didn't want to bother doing it.... I would not be surprised.
Xiba was pretty reviled and his shtick got tired and annoying because he was one-dimensional with the only thing that was ever explained that.... he's hungry.... and in outside info confirmed that he's Kilik's bastard son.
Leixia.... was just kind of there simply to replace her mom but more of her "cuteness" played up than they did for Xianghua.

I won't even bother talking about Elysium, and Dampierre isn't even technically from V.
I suppose my point is more that, if they "cut the fat" and kept the things that were more original yet underdeveloped (Viola and ZWEI), but dedicated the time and effort to do so, I don't forsee too much blowback from many at all aside from Pat fans more than anyone.

I can understand liking Pat's style, but that seems to be the only thing most would even be sad about.

Pyrrha seems to generally be disliked and annoying, with Pyrrha Omega being the thing most people even think is worth retaining and focusing on if she did come back.
Natsu.... needs work to salvage, and I could see them do it. But if they didn't want to bother doing it.... I would not be surprised.
Xiba was pretty reviled and his shtick got tired and annoying because he was one-dimensional with the only thing that was ever explained that.... he's hungry.... and in outside info confirmed that he's Kilik's bastard son.
Leixia.... was just kind of there simply to replace her mom but more of her "cuteness" played up than they did for Xianghua.

I won't even bother talking about Elysium, and Dampierre isn't even technically from V.
I suppose my point is more that, if they "cut the fat" and kept the things that were more original yet underdeveloped (Viola and ZWEI), but dedicated the time and effort to do so, I don't forsee too much blowback from many at all aside from Pat fans more than anyone.

Pat's up there with Viola and ZWEI for me, for having one of the least derivative fighting styles of the new characters. I wouldn't be upset over the rest getting cut, since, as you've laid out, they don't have much going for them to put them above series veterans who would better fill the shoes of their respective fighting styles.

While I'm not in love with ZWEI or Viola's movesets (the former seeming too complicated for too little payoff, the latter seeming too awkward to fight against), I at least appreciate their uniqueness. I like and value Pat's more orthodox moveset as it was the first time a sword & shield moveset in the series actually clicked with me (not counting Lizardman's axe & shield, which had his aggressive beast stuff to elevate it). So I guess I've got a personal attachment in that regard. Honestly, if they just included it as a Create a Character style, I'd be totally fine. Dumping it altogether seems like a waste.

I think of the new people from 5, Viola/Amy was the only one required to stay - otherwise I'd feel they were shooting themselves in the foot by discarding a good design. As for the others, I figured Pyrah, Patrok, and Natsu could have been presented better and work in 6 if they put the effort in. As for Xiba... Shoot him out of a cannon and into the sun along with Leixia. As for Zwei, maybe if he comes back as a zombie he would be decent.

In short, the only two irredeemable characters from V are Xiba and Leixia.

I can accept them but I just loathe projectile weapons. I also still strongly dislike the aspect of EIN's free-floating concept being too much into fantasy. I also kind of wished they were more reflecting of a real nation or empire like the other characters in their design. Maybe make them more Eastern European or something as they somewhat already have in their motif.

Last edited:
If they can turn a tap dancing french man into a vampire that's actually interesting, they can turn Zwei into some weird undead/werewolf thing - especially if he uses his own boney fingers as his weapon instead of holding a sword like an emo.

I feel Zwei needs a "Grundy" fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back