Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Ivy's SC4 P1 was iconic. The thread covering her nipples was but I don't remember what the outfit as a whole looked like off the top of my head. She has other, far better outfits that should be CAS pieces.
I wouldn't deny that her 1P outfit in 4 was iconic, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't take fanservice for the character a bit too far, which is pretty much one of the reasons why so many dislike it (me included).

Oh and if you want to remember what her outfit in 4 looked like, this was it:

image.jpeg

Yeah I'm agree, it's iconic for sure but it's a bit too much for my taste. It has some nice details tough.
I usually don't get picky about English but... I agree, not I AM agree! ^^ Erreur très fréquente pour les francophones, en traduisant le "je SUIS d'accord" ^^

To stay on topic, SCIV Ivy was iconic but not for a good reason, she was oversexualized for no reason. the SCII or SCIII version was enough, SCIV was stupidly exaggerated.

I was personally more bothered about her body shape in SC4. Sure the costume isn't her best default, and actually was my least favorite default, but that wasn't even the main problem in Ivy's SC4 design. And even her face wasn't looking right in this.

Her breasts were a bit too big imo, huge breast is something that define Taki for example, Ivy breasts are not supposed to be that big and DOAish, it's supposed to be sexy, but not that big lol. Tbh if SC4 was my first SC game, i'm not even sure i'll love the character that much, because most aspects that made me love the character at first were like almost disappeared in SC4, i guess it's one of the reason on why dropped this game so fast. She didn't felt Ivy enough for me in that game, she didn't felt like a dominant femme fatale and other aspects like she always did before in first SC games. Thankfully she became great again in SCV!!

Last edited:
I was personally more bothered about her body shape in SC4. Sure the costume isn't her best default, and actually was my least favorite default, but that wasn't even the main problem in Ivy's SC4 design. And even her face wasn't looking right in this.

Her breasts were a bit too big imo, huge breast is something that define Taki for example, Ivy breasts are not supposed to be that big and DOAish, it's supposed to be sexy, but not that big lol. Tbh if SC4 was my first SC game, i'm not even sure i'll love the character that much, because most aspects that made me love the character at first were like almost disappeared in SC4, i guess it's one of the reason on why dropped this game so fast. She didn't felt Ivy enough for in that game, she didn't felt like a dominate femme fatale and other aspects like she always did before in first SC games. Thankfully she became great again in SCV!!
I did notice that on IV and V, Ivy didn't just gain boob weight though, it was quite distributed when you analyze it. She was, as the kids would say, thicc on those two.
Especially in comparison to her previous design's body type. They didn't just increase the boob weight and call it a day. They made her ass, hips, thighs, and mid section thicker too. So it wasn't like they went and only made her boobs bigger and made her otherwise svelte, or tried to make her body type the exact same or thinner with bigger boobs than before. They upped the body fat in general for her on IV (which was retained on V).
I wouldn't be surprised if her build/model on VI is based on the IV and V type still.
The biggest question is how her face looks or might change since IV/V drastically changed her face in comparison to her previous type, while Sophitia still has the same facial features on VI as she did on IV and as Elysium on V.

I want some leaks right now it's so hard to wait. :(
I don't know if it would qualify, but, I'll just tell you all right now: stop thinking about the previous timeline and canon. Aspects are the same and similar, but don't expect all the same events to be retold the same way.
They're intentionally ignoring saying character's birth years and ages in Sophitia and Mitsurugi's bios for VI.
Start thinking of this more as a reboot. Just like they stressed in the interview as the key word for the game.
And if you're thinking the SCVI roster will be a 1:1 recreation of SC1's, well, stop thinking that too.

Last edited:
I don't know if it would qualify, but, I'll just tell you all right now: stop thinking about the previous timeline and canon. Aspects are the same and similar, but don't expect all the same events to be retold the same way.
They're intentionally ignoring saying character's birth years and ages in Sophitia and Mitsurugi's bios for VI.
Start thinking of this more as a reboot. Just like they stressed in the interview as the key word for the game.
And if you're thinking the SCVI roster will be a 1:1 recreation of SC1's, well, stop thinking that too.
Thank you ! Actually, it's reassuring. It's good to see that they are free to "rebuild" everything since it's a kind of reboot.

Well, then, that changes absolutely everything I once thought about it. Destroys my theory about going SC1 to SC3 story wise, but it also destroys the SC1 story people are expecting too. That makes the appearence of Talim, Tira and Zasalamel make a lot more sense, since their ages will be rewritten as well. What is a shame, however, is how characters like Viola and Z.W.E.I. will get deleted despite that (as they confirmed we'll get characters from SC2 and SC3, but made no mention of SC4 or SC5), Viola can survive that if they merge her with Amy, because Amy would fall on the same category as the other three I mentioned above, but why would Z.W.E.I. be kept out with such an unique moveset? Oh well... goddammit, I have no clue of anything whatsoever, WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO????

By taking this line of logic, whats to say Xianghua's importance to Kilik at all ? They only were familiar together because of prior cannon / story line.

Maybe she won't return at all (she probably will) but I want to play devil's advocate.

By taking this line of logic, whats to say Xianghua's importance to Kilik at all ? They only were familiar together because of prior cannon / story line.

Maybe she won't return at all (she probably will) but I want to play devil's advocate.
I don't think they will go as far as removing relationships between characters. Unless they're minor ones, like "Cassandra fought Raphael before SC4", "Tira fought Yoshimitsu in SC3". Actual rivalries and friendships are likely to be maintained, the characters' relationships are a strong part of them, and it would be really weird if they suddenly went away.

Reactions: Ave
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back