Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
SW Battlefront 3 was a sure thing too.

I'm going to wait for an announcement before getting my hopes up.

Well, I'll see you guys again whenever another SC does get released. I tried to get back into 5 but between the addition of meter (meh, series doesn't need it) and the utter lack of anyone online I returned the game. Hopefully, that E3 news via SRK is a new game. Doubtful, but I can still dream.

Have a good day everyone.

Here is my idea to bring back classic characters without overloading the game with too many characters/ not enough quality.

So in other words, not overload the character select screen? It's still a shit ton of characters, and if oldies and newbies become literal palette swaps of each other (Which many people complained about, despite not being true) people will be livid.

Really hoping to hear word on Army of Darkness or better yet Super SC5/SC6 at E3.

When is E3, anyways? I'm way too lazy to run a google search.

It starts Monday, right?

I'd be happy for any degree of Soul from E3 to be honest, SuperSCV, SC3D or otherwise.

Hmm if is a new series of fighting games is coming from there...I must get a little happier

True, I love SC to bits, but I'd also love to see a brand new series. Wonder if Namco is feeling that ambitious....

So in other words, not overload the character select screen? It's still a shit ton of characters, and if oldies and newbies become literal palette swaps of each other (Which many people complained about, despite not being true) people will be livid.
I'm sure some folks wouldn't be happy with it. You can't please everyone.

The point behind the idea is to cut down on movelists in favor of higher quality balance.

I've talked to many people who have played Taki for a decade, but hate Natsu as a character. I'd prefer to play as Xianghua over Leixia, and Kilik over Xiba. The moves would be the same/similar either way, but with this system, you get the aesthetic you choose, rather than sticking to a character you hate because their move set is famiar to you.

The point behind the idea is to cut down on movelists in favor of higher quality balance.

I've talked to many people who have played Taki for a decade, but hate Natsu as a character. I'd prefer to play as Xianghua over Leixia, and Kilik over Xiba. The moves would be the same/similar either way, but with this system, you get the aesthetic you choose, rather than sticking to a character you hate because their move set is famiar to you.

That's the reason why I complain about A. Pat. I like the style, but Pat having it isn't cool.

That's the reason why I complain about A. Pat. I like the style, but Pat having it isn't cool.

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Creation

Yea i see where youre coming from but around 40 isnt too bad. SSFIV AE had 39 i believe
After many patches and 2 expansions.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon had 65 characters!
at the cost of fatalities being omitted, character's styles given to others (which left every character with 1 style and 1 weapon style) and what looks like the exact same engine since MK: DA.Even their customization mode was a bit lackluster.

Not to mention that SC3 had 26 plus 17 unique bonus characters (43 different styles total).
Online was omitted, so that meant more offline production. Plus, there were some glitches (or what people think are glitches) that were needed to be fixed.

And another note, did these 17 unique bonus characters return in SC4? Only 2 did (Amy and Revenant minus the weapon), and we see how SC4 turned out compared to SC3 on content, since Online was second priority. First was the graphic changes and gameplay.

Reactions: CFW

At most a "iconic" call-back costume may be a special 3P unlockable. Voice acting or different body would be a complete waste of resources. Bringing back a young version (like heihachi in ttt2) would also be a mistake, unless the title was meant to be a battle royale non-canon entry. I'll expect people with your preferences may opt to find a solution in CAS, where project soul deliberately allows releases special costumes in DLCs for a win-win situation between the namco and its fans.

And another note, did these 17 unique bonus characters return in SC4? Only 2 did (Amy and Revenant minus the weapon), and we see how SC4 turned out compared to SC3 on content, since Online was second priority. First was the graphic changes and gameplay.

Focusing on quality over quantity seems to be project soul's current objective, especially considering the low quality of the SC3 cas-only movelists and how character's movesets have gradually been reduced in number but strengthened in niche and quality.

I think it is worth mentioning the cost of special guest characters: Those are non-namco movesets that won't be returning (though a little bit was gained by Aeon) so having 3x star wars characters did SC5 zero favours in terms of making it easier to include different characters. SC5 did not really add much compared to SC4 (super meter was the biggest, since jG frames replaced CH frames generally), so the first entry to the new consoles is going to have some surprising features hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back