Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the rest of the post too, but "historical accuracy" is important too to a certain extent. For example Natsu seemed extremely out of place just because her lexicon and attitude were "too modern".

Yeah I noticed that too. The way she talks she sounds like a modern teenager.

In Soul Calibur VI? Most likely, since it was back when Schwarzstrom was active and Ivy was, at the very least, less caring about what she was doing.

Who do you guys want to see as the final boss in 6? Doesn't matter too much to me although I don't want Algol again. He's got a unique movelist and that's cool but he's not "bossy" enough to me. The earlier bosses may have just been mimics or souped up versions of other characters but they were tougher and more satisfying to beat. Especially Night Terror. Algol comes off as more of a regular character than a boss.

I agree with the rest of the post too, but "historical accuracy" is important too to a certain extent. For example Natsu seemed extremely out of place just because her lexicon and attitude were "too modern".
Characters and event in a historical fiction should be accurate enough to not break the setting.

post-28431-jgl-well-said-well-said-gif-im-s5dg.gif

I wouldn't be mad about Ivy being a villain, since I love me some lady villains, but I do really like characters that tend to have an "evil" aesthetic while aligning more with the heroes. But overall, I'd personally say keep her as a villain, since the only other evil lady on the roster (in the whole series, really) is Tira. And plus, while it is a reboot, I doubt they'll change certain character backstories too much.
As far as the final boss goes, I would imagine the most likely candidate would be Inferno, since he was the final boss in SC1. Though I'd want them to change up the character a it and maybe not make him a mimic and make him a bit scarier or something.

I think Ivy is one of the grey characters in the series. There are so many characters who are hard and fast "good" (Talim, Kilik, Hilde) or "evil" (Nightmare, Tira, Cervantes) so I don't think it's part of her character to be a villain. Part of her appeal, to me, is that she's connected to the main cast but isn't fighting really on one side or the other. What makes her a strong character is her moral ambiguity and focus on herself and her own fate.

What I would like to see overall in terms of character development is more complexity in characters' ambitions and motivations. A lot of characters' morals were tested especially in SCIV, such as Sophitia having to serve Soul Edge and Taki taking down Siegfried as well as Nightmare. I think it'd be good storytelling to make characters less stereotypical in their intentions.

Ivy was on Team Evil in SC1. She was working with Nightmare, Astaroth and Lizardman to collect souls for Soul Edge. At the end of SC1, she learned of her lineage and realized Nightmare had been deceiving her.

I'm looking forward to the return of villainous Ivy.

Mitsu, Ivy, Zas, Sets, Maxi, Raphael and Cassandra (She doesn't give a fuck if the sword is evil or good, don't fuck with Sophitia) are all kinda like that.

That reminds me that I loved Cassandra's SCIV ending where she destroys both swords. If she comes back I hope that's apart of her motivation from the beginning, to destroy both in order to save her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back