Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Fantasy XV's (formerly Final Fantasy Versus XIII) name and platform change right before it was officially announced at E3 2013. He was also able to confirm that From Software and Sony had been collaborating on a "Demon Souls 2" or "Project Beast" way before Bloodborne was announced.

Given how they've handled the story mode (lol) in SCIV and V, I'd much prefer they stick to simply making the game good. They already put a ton of resources into CaS, which seemingly attracts far more casuals if sales numbers are to be trusted. Honestly I think a simple arcade mode with cutscenes and pre-rendered character endings ala DoA should be enough, and maybe add a little something like that tower thing in SCIV (which I personally enjoyed back in the day). At the end of the day, most of the people who play for the story buy the game used and resell it to gamestop when they're done anyway.

Also, not sure if I trust anything coming from neofag these days. What has he predicted correctly in the past?
You realize that the most recent entry of DOA had a full-blown story mode right?

Are you sure that was about it definitely being at E3, or just being in development and possibly showing up at E3? It's hard to be sure with the way he words it.
I don't quite understand what you are getting at since most new titles are still in development when they get revealed. He is just saying that there will be an announcement for a new SC there.

Cool. I hope he's right, then.

Also, Virtua Fighter? hnnggggg

You mean the glorified tutorial? It sucked ass. I literally had no idea what the fuck was going on.

Classic DoA best DoA.
It was at least 10x better than the shit we got with SCV.

From announcement to release it takes usually about how long ? 1.5 years ? 9 months ?

It depends how far they are in developement. It really doesn't matter when you announce it, for example, see FF Versus or more recently Ubisoft's upcoming new IP The Division.
At the same time Fallout 4 was just announced and is believed to be coming out this year.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at since most new titles are still in development when they get revealed. He is just saying that there will be an announcement for a new SC there.

I know that, what I mean is, his exact words are:

Verendus said:
Here's the truth about this wishlist, when I posted it, about half of these games were probably going to show up at E3. Hence why I said in the post that I'll like E3 if even half of them show up. Now here's the thing, forget that. The when doesn't matter now. And that post is now meaningless with that kind of statement since I know what's happening generally, and the number doesn't fit due to some changes.

Instead, here's what I can tell you. All of the list is true, except for two games, which I can't vouch for.

He originally posted the list about two months ago, and at the time he said that about half the games were due to show at E3. Now he says that things have changed around. He says that the list is "true" but doesn't clarify if that means that all of these games will be mentioned at E3, or that they simply exist somewhere behind the scenes.

He then gives more details about the JRPGs at the top of his list, saying of two of them:

Verendus said:
JRPG3 is in pre-production at the moment, and is something that should appeal to fans. This will be announced in 2016, at the earliest, I would assume. They've only just started picking things up this year. JRPG4 is much further away.

"2016 announcement at the earliest/ much further away (than 2016)" = not at E3.

What I'm getting from Verendus's post is that he's not confirming any of these titles to be at E3, he's clarifying, in fact, that his earlier estimate that around half of them would be at E3 is no longer true, do to changes in planning & scheduling. All he's offering is that the games he's talking about (except for two), are being developed.

In short:
SoulCalibur VI could still very well be at E3, but I wouldn't take this as a confirmation that it will definitely be announced at this E3. I would take it as a confirmation that a new SoulCalibur is being made, though we had already kind of assumed that. In other words, don't be too upset about this tease if SoulCalibur VI doesn't show. Verendus hasn't actually said that it would.

That usually depends. With a title like Soul Calibur, it'll probably release relatively shortly after its announcement.
Well, SCIV was announced on June 11 of 2007, and was released on July 29 of 2008. That's 13 months. By comparison, SCV was announced on May 11 2011 and released on January 31 2012. That's a mere seven months. I'm assuming these games are about six months to a year in development before they are announced. So if that's anything to go by, an E3 announcement would probably mean a Q1 or Q2 2016 release.

Tekken 7 uses Unreal, so SC would probably go in that same direction too -which probably means even shorter development cycles because they don't have to work from the ground up with their own engines. I just hope PS can uphold their tradition of aesthetic excellence because Tekken 7 looks hideous with its reflective clothes, oily hair textures, and overkill hitsparks.

How is Soulcalibur a jrpg? And isn't it separated from that on his list? That thread is about E3, why would it not be about games at E3? You're overthinking it

How is Soulcalibur a jrpg? And isn't it separated from that on his list? That thread is about E3, why would it not be about games at E3? You're overthinking it

It's not a JRPG, I'm just using another example from his same list. An example that by his own word won't be shown at E3, meaning that it is not a list of games that will show up at E3.

And as for that other thing, because he said so. Before posting the list / after posting the list.

I'm not overthinking it, I'm just not reading into what isn't there. I think it's wise to keep expectations tempered. A new SoulCalibur will come eventually, but lets not go dancing around about it being at E3 until we have more solid proof. Right now we have:

1. A character ranking poll
  2. Namco due to show a fighting/wrestling game at E3
  3. The inside word on unannounced games that are being shown at E3 currently in development.

And that's it. There's a good chance it could be SoulCalibur VI, but taking this as confirmation will only put a damper on the excitement of the rest of the show if SC doesn't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back