Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean?
I mean, have a bunch of existing critical finishers to choose from (mayby even critical edges).
So you can pick one that fits your custom character (or veteran fighter(Sig,Mitsu e.t.c for that matter).

Edit: I think customized critical finishers would be hard to balance, unless all of them dealt the same damage....

Last edited:
I mean, have a bunch of existing critical finishers to choose from (mayby even critical edges).
So you can pick one that fits your custom character (or veteran fighter(Sig,Mitsu e.t.c for that matter).

Edit: I think customized critical finishers would be hard to balance, unless all of them dealt the same damage....

Ok so you mean youd like the equavalent of an Ultra 1 and Ultra 2 like in Streetfighter.

Theyd have different properties, hitboxes, comboability, etc.

Fair enough. Im not for or opposed to this, seems cool enough. I wouldnt be surprised if they do go in this direction actually, trying to draw more people in.

Ok so you mean youd like the equavalent of an Ultra 1 and Ultra 2 like in Streetfighter.

Theyd have different properties, hitboxes, comboability, etc.

Fair enough. Im not for or opposed to this, seems cool enough. I wouldnt be surprised if they do go in this direction actually, trying to draw more people in.

Yeah I guess, just with a shitload more finishers to choose from, finishers that every character can use.
And mayby even have 4 at the same time, instead of only 1.

In other words, what I was thinking makes the Street Fighter ultras kinda......basic.
When im thinking of finishers that could apply to every character, im thinking...finishers that don't need main weapon to be used.

edit: It may be something like in this movie about MK Armegeddon, although not as complicated, a little more, if not much simpler.

Man, all those custom options...

Last edited:
Yea MK: Armageddon is actually the first thing i thought of when you posted but wasnt sure.

I really doubt theyll do something like that though. It was dope in Armageddon though!

After looking at Tekken 7's Lucky Chloe and all the shit Hoshino put into Lost Swords, I'm actually kind of worried about the kind of characters he'll add in SCVI. We'll probably get moes and Hentai girls, and the characters will be even more anime-like than SCV.

After looking at Tekken 7's Lucky Chloe and all the shit Hoshino put into Lost Swords, I'm actually kind of worried about the kind of characters he'll add in SCVI. We'll probably get moes and Hentai girls, and the characters will be even more anime-like than SCV.
Hoshino prefers the old cast compared to the new cast so I'm guessing the characters will be fine.. As for costumes though I could imagine Ivy to be wearing less than SCIV the way the costumes are going in Lost Swords.

Hoshino prefers the old cast compared to the new cast so I'm guessing the characters will be fine.. As for costumes though I could imagine Ivy to be wearing less than SCIV the way the costumes are going in Lost Swords.
Yeah I know that, but I fear for what kind of new characters he'll bring in. While Harada isn't involved in the development, him and Hoshino seem to be best buds so I wouldn't be surprised if Harada's ideas rubbed off him.

Yeah I know that, but I fear for what kind of new characters he'll bring in. While Harada isn't involved in the development, him and Hoshino seem to be best buds so I wouldn't be surprised if Harada's ideas rubbed off him.
Ugh, well then I agree with you. I fear what could possibly happen..

Ugh, well then I agree with you. I fear what could possibly happen..
Yeah, and the LS costume designs really worry me. They look like something ripped straight out of DOA. Wouldn't surprise me if those artists proposed those designs to Team Ninja, but they said no, so they gave them to Project Soul instead.

Yeah, and the LS costume designs really worry me. They look like something ripped straight out of DOA. Wouldn't surprise me if those artists proposed those designs to Team Ninja, but they said no, so they gave them to Project Soul instead.
team ninja wouldn't say no to those designs,but PS probably asked Team ninja's artists to make the designs for them.

ok so leixia:

A+B to hit grounded like 1B and hold for GC

6B+K to have a feint where the second hit delays and is a low. (similar to xianghuia 6BB low)

66A to feint into B+K

WS A+B feint to have a more fluent TS.....

basically a bit more tricky and playful but also more mix up potential and incentive to take risk

Last edited:
I guess,but SCVI will have no reason to sport such costumes,SCLS was non-canon hence they could have anything,but SCVI will be canon and so it won't make sense to have 21st century outfits in an 18th century setting.

I guess,but SCVI will have no reason to sport such costumes,SCLS was non-canon hence they could have anything,but SCVI will be canon and so it won't make sense to have 21st century outfits in an 18th century setting.
Yeah... I doubt they're going to follow that logic considering SCV had anachronistic costumes piece DLC, and Hoshino probably wants to pack as much fanservice as possible because "sex sells" is apparently his motto.

That would rock, Lucky is so great!

The characters will be fine. Tekken is Tekken and Soulcalibur is Soulcalibur. Ivy looks the way she does because her style is based on dominance and seduction.

My only real concern is that they dont go too wild with the styles. Ive always thought Algol was a little odd and that ZWEI and Viola never quite fit. I hope they keep it semi-realistic but still have creative freedom where characters like lizardman Aeon, undead Cervantes, superclone Astaroth, immortal Zasalamel and vampiric Raphael still work and seem believable.

So basically someone who can wield his/her weapon physically,i agree on that.

There are many normal realistic styles for them to choose from,instead of orbs and werewolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back