Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about style variations for SCVI? Like MK X, just add and remove some moves.
They would need to remove a lot of chars though, it would probably be too hard to balance.

Personally, i'd like to see something like this, since a lot of chars play the same way for years.
I could imagine Mitsu not having 2KB, Pyrrha not having 236B, but they would have good basic moves and better combos, right now all the Top chars just have everything. That way you would need to choose which part of your char you'd like to be strong, this would automatically prevent chars from beeing good at everything, so every char has weaknesses.

What do you think? Impossible?

I'd like to see if they go the way Tekken do. Most of all, I really hope they take their time making SCVI. The story was so dissapointing in SCV. I also miss better tutorial modes, or perhaps I'm just incredibly bad at training. I think TTT2 had a nice controls intro. I really miss that in SC. As SCIV was my first fighter, I had to guess a lot of the controls. Now I know most of the mechanics it's not as much a problem, but there are still some moves I wonder how I should do.

I really hope they return Critical Edges back to what they were originally in Soul Edge (Blade).
In SCV , the CE's are more Street Fighter-ish,i dislike that.

In SE(B),the CE requires the input of a special combination of two parts: they are initially activated by pressing all three attack buttons together (A B K), and if it connects, the player has the chance of extending the combo with a character-specific sequence, which must be input during the attack.

It was difficult to execute back when i was play SE.I hope they bring it back & make it much more difficult.Maybe the first part can be executed by the same commands of a CE in SCV;but to continue it , each character must have his/her own inputs to execute in the right time for the Critical Edge to be completed.Also,make the the second-part inputs as difficult as Ivy's Calamity Symphony,it's worth the damage once mastering it.

What I hope in SCVI is 1) the return of all the old characters and 2) a story that's good. After MK, to say that "story doesn't matter in a fighting game" just isn't valid anymore. SCV was an attempt to tell a good story, but well, we all know how that turned out.

Yeah. Mmm no. Did a little spam cleanup. In case you all forgot the topic is in fact listed at the top of every page.

I am aware arguments are abound but keep them civil...ish for me please ^^? Thanks~

After MK, to say that "story doesn't matter in a fighting game" just isn't valid anymore. SCV was an attempt to tell a good story, but well, we all know how that turned out.
That literally isn't argument, did the story make MKX good? I've played MKX no amount of story could ever save those wonky ass animations or the general imbalance of risk vs reward on things such as jumping and few other things, however me complaining about the system of MKX isn't the point. A story is an external feature to a fighting game and does not impact core gameplay in the least. Thats like saying the game coming with some stickers inside the box makes it a good game, and therefore is a feature all games should have, because stickers inside the box make games good. As cool as stickers may be, liking a game because it came with stickers isn't exactly a respectable reason to enjoy fighting game or any game for that matter. The same thing applies to story, story in a fighting game is usually limited to an unusual amount of cut scenes and brief bio on a few characters. As such its an external feature that does not impact core gameplay in the least (something I feel the need to reiterate) , just like stickers coming inside the box or case or whatever you bought it in.

These things have some value, such as giving one a closer relationship with a character they love, but thats all the value they have. Appreciating a fighting game for values such as these is shallow. Here's a question, why play a fighting game at all if all one cares about story? There are a million different books, songs and movies one can get a good story from, there's even non-fighting games that have better stories. Also the story of MKX was god fucking awful, keep that shit away from SC pls.

A story mode in a fighting game might not be priority,but it is needed regardless.
Since Soul Edge/Blade,an arcade/story mode ending has been present until SCV.
I understand that they wanted to go in a different,more cinematic direction in SCV.
Maybe it would've turned out great if they took their time.We'll never know now.

Personally,i just want the arcade/story ending for all characters to be back in Soul Calibur VI.
Aside from that,more single player modes.It seems like its a major issue that most SC fans had with SCV.
Add modes like Survival Mode,Edge Master Mode,etc.

It is not impossible,PS can definitely pull it off with SCVI if they take their time & listen to the community (IN THE FACEBOOK PAGE,NOT THIS GODFORSAKEN WEBSITE).

A story mode in a fighting game might not be priority,but it is needed regardless.
Since Soul Edge/Blade,an arcade/story mode ending has been present until SCV.
I understand that they wanted to go in a different,more cinematic direction in SCV.
Maybe it would've turned out great if they took their time.We'll never know now.

Personally,i just want the arcade/story ending for all characters to be back in Soul Calibur VI.
Aside from that,more single player modes.It seems like its a major issue that most SC fans had with SCV.
Add modes like Survival Mode,Edge Master Mode,etc.

It is not impossible,PS can definitely pull it off with SCVI if they take their time & listen to the community (IN THE FACEBOOK PAGE,NOT THIS GODFORSAKEN WEBSITE).
شخص ما قال لي ذات مرة أن العالم ستعمل لفة لي أنا لا أشد أداة في السقيفة كانت تبحث نوع من البكم مع إصبعها و إبهامها على شكل حرف

شخص ما قال لي ذات مرة أن العالم ستعمل لفة لي أنا لا أشد أداة في السقيفة كانت تبحث نوع من البكم مع إصبعها و إبهامها على شكل حرف
Doesn't make sense,google translator sux.

That literally isn't argument, did the story make MKX good? I've played MKX no amount of story could ever save those wonky ass animations or the general imbalance of risk vs reward on things such as jumping and few other things, however me complaining about the system of MKX isn't the point. A story is an external feature to a fighting game and does not impact core gameplay in the least. Thats like saying the game coming with some stickers inside the box makes it a good game, and therefore is a feature all games should have, because stickers inside the box make games good. As cool as stickers may be, liking a game because it came with stickers isn't exactly a respectable reason to enjoy fighting game or any game for that matter. The same thing applies to story, story in a fighting game is usually limited to an unusual amount of cut scenes and brief bio on a few characters. As such its an external feature that does not impact core gameplay in the least (something I feel the need to reiterate) , just like stickers coming inside the box or case or whatever you bought it in.

These things have some value, such as giving one a closer relationship with a character they love, but thats all the value they have. Appreciating a fighting game for values such as these is shallow. Here's a question, why play a fighting game at all if all one cares about story? There are a million different books, songs and movies one can get a good story from, there's even non-fighting games that have better stories. Also the story of MKX was god fucking awful, keep that shit away from SC pls.
MUH FIGHTIN GAEM DON'T NEAD NO STINKIN STORY!

That's what I've gotten out of this post.

MUH FIGHTIN GAEM DON'T NEAD NO STINKIN STORY!

That's what I've gotten out of this post.
"MUH FIGHTING GAEM NEEDSMUH STINKIN STORY!" "MKX DID STORY NOW SC DO STORY" is precisely what I've gotten out of your posts. Of course that's a very shit-posty way of looking at your posts and undermines what you're trying to say. You've yet to given a single a reason why it should be in there other than "well MKX did it", the longevity of a fighting game relies more on core game play than it does on story. I'm very doubtful of your ability to appreciate fighting games, but you seem to be very appreciative of stories. Stories in fighting games have yet to be done well. It doesn't seem likely that they'll ever done well, considering the costs it takes to implement a story mode. PS are better game makers than they are script writers. It seems like a waste of time to pursue fighting games as a means of story over a means of game play. In the end you're better off with books, songs, movies or even other games to get a good story than you are on pursuing SC or any other fighting game.

"MUH FIGHTING GAEM NEEDSMUH STINKIN STORY!" "MKX DID STORY NOW SC DO STORY" is precisely what I've gotten out of your posts. Of course that's a very shit-posty way of looking at your posts and undermines what you're trying to say. You've yet to given a single a reason why it should be in there other than "well MKX did it", the longevity of a fighting game relies more on core game play than it does on story. I'm very doubtful of your ability to appreciate fighting games, but you seem to be very appreciative of stories. Stories in fighting games have yet to be done well. It doesn't seem likely that they'll ever done well, considering the costs it takes to implement a story mode. PS are better game makers than they are script writers. It seems like a waste of time to pursue fighting games as a means of story over a means of game play. In the end you're better off with books, songs, movies or even other games to get a good story than you are on pursuing SC or any other fighting game.
Because SC has a massive lore with tons of potentional, but of course you don't see that. If you don't think fighting games need story, why don't we just throw in a bunch of generic characters and give them names like "boxer", "MMA fighter", and "ninja"? Would you like that?

Because SC has a massive lore with tons of potentional, but of course you don't see that. If you don't think fighting games need story, why don't we just throw in a bunch of generic characters and give them names like "boxer", "MMA fighter", and "ninja"? Would you like that?
جنس الحمجنس الحم ت زنجسخي ف يمارس ال معار القمارضة الروح امة عمقيي

SC Lore doesn't have that much more potential than any other fighter's lore, if any at all. As far as names go, that's a very unfair comparison, Cutscenes are the most expensive portion of a game to produce. You know, the thing that's going to be the most prominent thing in any MKX styled Story mode. Whereas a name just takes someone about an afternoon to come up with and code in. Regardless of that little detail I wouldn't like or dislike it, I'm indifferent to it all together. To me the only purpose a name serves is differentiating characters from each other. The point I'm trying to make is asking for a robust story mode seems to just cost more money than what it's worth, has a high chance of being a bad story anyways and it does nothing to effect game play in the slightest. So why care about it?

A guy named Verendus on neogaf, who claims to be an industry insider, says there will be a new Soulcalibur game at E3. He has historically been correct on things.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166482193#post166482193
omgwtf.gif

Fingers crossed!

Given how they've handled the story mode (lol) in SCIV and V, I'd much prefer they stick to simply making the game good. They already put a ton of resources into CaS, which seemingly attracts far more casuals if sales numbers are to be trusted. Honestly I think a simple arcade mode with cutscenes and pre-rendered character endings ala DoA should be enough, and maybe add a little something like that tower thing in SCIV (which I personally enjoyed back in the day). At the end of the day, most of the people who play for the story buy the game used and resell it to gamestop when they're done anyway.

Also, not sure if I trust anything coming from neofag these days. What has he predicted correctly in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back