Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's gonna be really hard to come up with a roster most people are happy with. If they just take the top 25 from the survey and make that the roster we won't get any new characters and then we'll be back to where we were with the 4th game. No matter what they're gonna have to leave out a few popular characters if they want to add any new ones or if they want to include any of the lower scoring characters like Lizardman. The only other choice would be to have a really large roster.

I think it's gonna be really hard to come up with a roster most people are happy with. If they just take the top 25 from the survey and make that the roster we won't get any new characters and then we'll be back to where we were with the 4th game. No matter what they're gonna have to leave out a few popular characters if they want to add any new ones or if they want to include any of the lower scoring characters like Lizardman. The only other choice would be to have a really large roster.
I don't think it has to be a really large roster.
SCV had 28 characters.
SCIV had 29 (Not counting Bonus characters).

Considering those numbers,30 shouldn't seem like a large number.So let's go with 30.
With the top 25 on the poll taking their spots,we're left with 5 more spots.
1 for the guest character.
2 for the ones who didn't stand out in the poll.Like Lizardman,Hilde,and Algol.
2 New Characters with new styles.

They can make Algol or NM the boss again.

You might complain about the small amount of new characters or guests,but the popular characters increase the sales of the game.Heck,in Lost Swords some people bought their favorites for 90$.

Last edited:
True, but most games with a set roster might hold it together better if it means consistency for the fans. Where as V doing it in such an overwhelming bulk was probably the biggest factor to how it backfired. They all ended up shallow, aimless and devoid of puporse - because they werent added with any in-universe reason in mind at all. Most of SCV's cast didnt do anything worthy to be carried over into canon in my honest opinion. When Tira and Zasalamel were added, they were so well recieved because they had critical placements that furthered the story. When Xiba, Leixia, Natsu were added, they were just there to go on some "adventure" for the sake of it like most modern anime cliches.

Last edited:
One thing i really look forward to in SCVI is the Graphics.
Seeing the amazing difference in Graphics between SFIV & SFV,I can't even imagine how gorgeous SCVI's graphics are going to be.
That's what I really don't care about. I prefer a game with lower graphics but better gameplay/longer "story" than a shiny game with barely a 10-hour scenario. Older Final Fantasy could last for around 100h, FFXIII barely made it to 30 on my side...

SCV graphics with many characters and game modes like SCIII: yes!
New amazing graphics with SCV life span: god no...

That's what I really don't care about. I prefer a game with lower graphics but better gameplay/longer "story" than a shiny game with barely a 10-hour scenario. Older Final Fantasy could last for around 100h, FFXIII barely made it to 30 on my side...

But beautiful graphics = beautiful gaming experience,dont'cha think so?!
I don't think there's a relationship between the duration of the story and the graphics.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem to work on both.
I mean,when did we get the first hint of SCVI?Almost a year ago?And we still didn't get the announcement.
Which hopefully means they're taking their time to deliver an awesome full game.

Complete Roster.
Awesome Gameplay mechanics.
Awesome Single player content (Including Story Ofc).
Solid Online experience.
Awesome CaS mode.
And gorgeous Graphics.

=

BiRPdeO.gif

Well, play again, because FFXIII goes easily beyond 100 hours, as FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns

But beautiful graphics = beautiful gaming experience,dont'cha think so?!
Not necessarily: I've had more fun on uglier games than on beautiful ones! ^^
Of course if it has better graphics and is better overall, I won't complain! But better graphics = less place on the disc for the rest. GTA:SA was ugly for the time it was released (here were gorgeous games at that time, but there the graphics were just meh), why? Because it was a really rich game. That's what I fear: what if PS create a gorgeous game... Just to drop ecchi-clothing, bouncing boobies, and more polygons just for the butts? :O

Joking aside, and that's only my personal point of view: I don't care about the graphics, I just care about the game.

Well, play again, because FFXIII goes easily beyond 100 hours, as FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns
Linear, easy to kill enemies (no need for a tactic, just mash X), empty environments, pointless combat mode (why can I only use ONE character? It's FF! Why are my partners too stupid to rez me?)... It was nice, but lack the FF feeling of freedom, of deep side adventures, of a huge world. It's just a chaining of quests, it lacked everything the previous FF had. I finished it, with the best gear and fully spec characters, in 28 hours. I was so disgusted that I didn't even try XIII-2 and LR.

Beautiful doesn't mean enjoyable. Because, most of the time, the more beautiful the game, the more you'll have to pay to unlock (via DLC) what should have been included as a base.

[..]I don't think there's a relationship between the duration of the story and the graphics.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem to work on both.[..]

Story and graphics actually affect each other (everything does) since they are bond with the budget, focusing on one means less for the other.

Not necessarily: I've had more fun on uglier games than on beautiful ones! ^^
Of course if it has better graphics and is better overall, I won't complain! But better graphics = less place on the disc for the rest. GTA:SA was ugly for the time it was released (here were gorgeous games at that time, but there the graphics were just meh), why? Because it was a really rich game. That's what I fear: what if PS create a gorgeous game... Just to drop ecchi-clothing, bouncing boobies, and more polygons just for the butts? :O

Joking aside, and that's only my personal point of view: I don't care about the graphics, I just care about the game.

Linear, easy to kill enemies (no need for a tactic, just mash X), empty environments, pointless combat mode (why can I only use ONE character? It's FF! Why are my partners too stupid to rez me?)... It was nice, but lack the FF feeling of freedom, of deep side adventures, of a huge world. It's just a chaining of quests, it lacked everything the previous FF had. I finished it, with the best gear and fully spec characters, in 28 hours. I was so disgusted that I didn't even try XIII-2 and LR.

Beautiful doesn't mean enjoyable. Because, most of the time, the more beautiful the game, the more you'll have to pay to unlock (via DLC) what should have been included as a base.

Easy to kill enemies? At least here you had to change the roles, in previous FF was all X, X, X, Cure, X, X, X, end of story

FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns had a lot of freedom, especially Lightning Returns, a very complete and nice game.

I don't think it has to be a really large roster.
SCV had 28 characters.
SCIV had 29 (Not counting Bonus characters).

Considering those numbers,30 shouldn't seem like a large number.So let's go with 30.
With the top 25 on the poll taking their spots,we're left with 5 more spots.
1 for the guest character.
2 for the ones who didn't stand out in the poll.Like Lizardman or Algol.
2 New Characters with new styles.

They can make Algol or NM the boss again.

You might complain about the small amount of new characters or guests,but the popular characters increase the sales of the game.

That's okay for now since everyone'll be happy to see their favorites back but unless they plan on ending the series with the next game they can't just keep using the same roster over and over or else people will complain about the series getting stale. Actually I think that already happened after the 4th game came out. They only added 2 new characters, barely added any gameplay changes and put much less single player content into the game and people weren't happy about it. They don't wanna wind up with another SC4 situation like that.

I gotta say I had no idea the last couple games had so many characters. I wouldn't mind seeing a big roster of 30 but only if they can pull it off without skimping on the single player like they did in 4 and 5. Personally I think 27 is a good number. I would leave out a few from the top 25 and I'd make room for three new characters, a guest character and I'd throw in Lizardman, Li Long and Charade from the lower scoring cast.

I feel like if Project Soul included the entire 7/11 roster with no differential changes, it would be a cop out.

"Why take risks when we can play it safe all the time?"

If Taki and Natsu end up in the same game together, I want PS to reinvent either one a la Street Fighter V's M. Bison.

Previously, Bison was an okay character but he had no way to effectively get around zoning characters without using meter. His only way to open up his opponents was with Scissor Kicks and an occasional headstomp/Devil's reverse. But now, in SFV he is practically a new character. He has a plethora of new moves and ways to close in on zoners, to get into the opponent's grill and stay there like the rushdown monster that he is.

Point is, if PS is going to put in the "dream roster" or put in new characters, they should either reinvent them or just replace each other.

You mention,
...If Taki and Natsu end up in the same game together, I want PS to reinvent either one a la Street Fighter V's M. Bison...
I'd been thinking of that as well. If Taki and Natsu end up in the same game together, I'd bet nearly ALL the Natsu players will drop her like a "Rock". See what I did there?
Still, PS should make them even MORE different to each other than Taki in LS and Natsu in SCV are now.
I do wonder if PS will keep Natsu for their next sequel for a 30 minutes of fame. Although, grudge matches between the two ninjas would awesome. But if they are BOTH in the next sequel however, there's a chance that people will mostly see Taki mirror matches instead.
You know,... go on and let Natsu have her moment. Just one thing though, bring Taki back on SCVII!

Just one thing though, bring Taki back on SCVII!
I don't think so.
At this point,Taki ,Talim,and Mitsurugi are pretty much confirmed for SCVI.

If the devs want to keep Natsucks in,they need to make her playstyle very different from Taki's.
Like what they did with Sophitia and Cassandra.

If you compare Rock and Astaroth, Asta is clearly superior because of the amount if practical tools that he has.

Rock doesn't need to be a second-rate Asta. Maybe Rock can be able to combo into his command grabs. He can be a hybrid-grappler like Alex from SF3.

Kilik and Xiba's styles are varied enough to where you can differentiate them. Seong Mi-na is plain ass

:sc1min1:Seong Mi-na has potential.Her play style was different enough from Killik's in SCIV. Unfortunately,she was very weak in that installment (imo).
For the most part;they did seem similar since Killik's a clone of her,but overall it can be easily worked on to differentiate them.
I'm surprised at how well she did on the poll. #15 isn't bad at all.
Since Rods are very common in fighting games,I think it would be acceptable to have two Rod users as long as their play style is nothing alike.
I wouldn't mind seeing her again at all.:sc2min3: Heck,if she's decent i would definitely invest time on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back