Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I do agree with having a good ranking system. Just use ELO, it's even better suited for fighting games than it is for MOBAs since it's 1v1 and so is more accurate.

Edit: they're doing a Starcraft 2 / LoL style ranking for Halo 5.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena
http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-ranks-breakdown/

I don't think any console game has done that before. Competitive games no longer have an excuse to not have something like that. Halo 5 looks like they are doing it perfectly, with placement matches to place people with players of similar skill quickly, leagues with hidden rating that appeals to casuals, showing the rating in the upper leagues for the dedicated players, and having a small enough "pro" league and ordered ranking to show the large difference in skill that exists even among top level players. Having this in SCVI would be the dream.

Last edited:
I am watching the TEKKEN 7 World Arcade Championship EU Qualifiers on twitch, and asked bandaiNamco info about SCVI. The answer gives me some hopes so I want to share it!

Immagine.png

About 2 months left 'til 2016. I don't see a huge gaming event where they can announce it until then. Except for Playstation Experience in December.
It's also possible for them to announce it at a small press conference or something, like they did with SCV.

Let's say they do announce it on December or sometime before this year ends. Do we really expect it to be released in 2016? I mean, it took 8 months for SCV to drop since it's announcement & it was STILL an incomplete game. They also mentioned that they had already been working on it for a year before announcing it to the world. So that's 20 months in development.

I really hope that they(PS) have been working on SCVI for at least two years now. That is if they intend on announcing it soon & releasing it before 2017. I really don't want another rushed game.

Damn it guys there is NO SoulCalibur VI atm! Hope for a soon T7 or SC3 Arcade HD Online Editon release like I wrote in the chat during the Tekken 7 EU tournament on Twitch!!

I'm almost convinced that if SC6 has been worked on by PS yet, it's already been in the works for a while. How long that is, I don't know. Maybe a year, a year and a half. If it's something else, like a Lost Swords sequel (god that would suck...), then I don't really have hope for a SC6.

A HD SC3 would own bones though.

I'm almost convinced that if SC6 has been worked on by PS yet, it's already been in the works for a while. How long that is, I don't know. Maybe a year, a year and a half. If it's something else, like a Lost Swords sequel (god that would suck...), then I don't really have hope for a SC6.

A HD SC3 would own bones though.

Agree, let´s see what comes out.

Not if it gets the SCIIHDO treatment. That would be horrible & a waste of time.
I'd like to get SC6 first, more than anything.

Seems correct!

SCIII Looked amazing on the PS2, even through composite, and I'm sure it'd look fucking amazing in HD, even with original models and textures. And to be honest, I'd much rather see SCIII HD than SCVI, that would suck as much as SCV did. I'm not saying that it will be like SCV, but I haven't got much faith in them making a proper SC game now.

Pssh, I'd be REALLY impressed with PS if they even make it to SC7 just for the longevity of the series.
I honestly believe when, not if, SC 6 comes out that it will be the last of the series. They have to go out with a bang on the next gen consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back