Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe when, not if, SC 6 comes out that it will be the last of the series. They have to go out with a bang on the next gen consoles.
Franchises don't end unless they get cancelled. Look at Halo. 3 was supposed to be "finish the fight", now we're at Halo 5.

I sure hope so.
A middle eastern warrior in Soul Calibur would be sick af.
We have Zasalamel. Just bring him back. Do we really need a stereotypical bearded Arab with a checkered tablecloth on his head weilding scimitars?

I'm pretty excited to see the engines of SC starting back up again. Their little hints and ambiguous comments make me think it's a pretty sure thing. I just hope they throw us casuals a bone and don't give us a stripped down bare bones game like SCV was, even if it's just as good technically. (whynotboth.jpg) The "favorite character" poll makes me think they learned their lesson about arbitrarily removing fan-favorite characters though.

We have Zasalamel. Just bring him back. Do we really need a stereotypical bearded Arab with a checkered tablecloth on his head weilding scimitars?

I'm pretty excited to see the engines of SC starting back up again. Their little hints and ambiguous comments make me think it's a pretty sure thing. I just hope they throw us casuals a bone and don't give us a stripped down bare bones game like SCV was, even if it's just as good technically. (whynotboth.jpg) The "favorite character" poll makes me think they learned their lesson about arbitrarily removing fan-favorite characters though.
But Zas is black (his omission from SCV was jarring, since he already had a reason not to age). Anyways, the fact that they said "vote for the future of Soulcalibur" is pretty clear it was meant to be used for SCVI.

Seeing what Namco & Harada did with Shaheen makes me want to see what PS can do.
He shouldn't be wearing a ghutra like Shaheen since Soulcalibur is set in older times. A turban, maybe. I'd imagine something like this:
Nadirim_MaleWarrior_Artwork_CharacterArt.png

Or maybe a female character:
659fedcf94b6246de286e7bb8133d09e.jpg

Though it would be tough to make an Arabian female character without stirring controversy.

Seeing what Namco & Harada did with Shaheen makes me want to see what PS can do.
He shouldn't be wearing a ghutra like Shaheen since Soulcalibur is set in older times. A turban, maybe. I'd imagine something like this:
View attachment 44927

Or maybe a female character:
View attachment 44928

Though it would be tough to make an Arabian female character without stirring controversy.
I have a feeling if they make an Arabic female, they'd have her wear middle eastern themed lingerie as her costume. It just strikes me as something Hoshino would do.

Maybe we'll see Soul Edge and Soul Calibur in the new Star Wars movie? What are the odds of that ? Secret Apprentice doing his Critical Finish sometime during the new film??

Franchises don't end unless they get cancelled. Look at Halo. 3 was supposed to be "finish the fight", now we're at Halo 5.

Whoa... question: Wasn't SC4 supposed to be the last Soul Calibur game, and SCV as only made because the devs asked us if we WANTED another game and they made it for us? To think about it, I guess that SCV only surfaced because of the fans. Is that anywhere near accurate, anyone?

Whoa... question: Wasn't SC4 supposed to be the last Soul Calibur game, and SCV as only made because the devs asked us if we WANTED another game and they made it for us? To think about it, I guess that SCV only surfaced because of the fans. Is that anywhere near accurate, anyone?
There was an interview with talked about that time period. I wish I had a link, but I remember some keypoints. Namco decided that the Soul Calibur team was better used for other projects, so the Soul Calibur team was essentially disbanded. And then 1-2 years later the team got reformed to make SC5. There was a big petition for a SC5 which Namco took notice of, but that was after SC5 started development, so it can't be what convinced Namco to make SC5.

I was watching some Dragon Age videos, and I think I want the Morrigan VA to do the voice for Ivy in SCVI: when she speaks in a soft, slow manner there's a sense of wickedness and sensuality. I think it's time to give a break to the 80-year old woman currently voicing Ivy

I kinda disagree for Claudia Black to voice Ivy. It just wouldn't fit. How do you know Ivy's current VA is 80? I would vote for Meredith Mccoy although she's mostly going to be very busy next year. I would also vote Aveline's VA or Cassandra's VA from Dragon Age 2 to voice Ivy. Those voices would sound awesome as Ivy.

I too, have to agree that I feel SCVI will be the last game as well and they indeed, need to go out with a bang. Soul Calibur 5 had so much potential to be better than what it was but alas, due to stupid decisions, it never lived up to it. I mean seriously, Lost Swords was stupid (IMO, I know some people liked it). And I was pissed that they brought Sophitia, Cassandra, Amy, & Seong-Mina back as DLC for that game when they should have brought them as DLC for vanilla Soul Calibur 5 (And eventually Talim, Zasalamel, and maybe Yun-Seong).

I was also disappointed that they stopped the Character Creation clothing DLC but this is mainly because I love creating characters lol. Seriously, I was really wanting to get Maxi's 1P & Viola's 2P.

So really, Project Soul needs to do a lot of damage control with Soul Calibur VI. Deliver the game that will truly satisfy the fans, especially if it's most likely going to be their last.

I too, have to agree that I feel SCVI will be the last game as well and they indeed, need to go out with a bang. Soul Calibur 5 had so much potential to be better than what it was but alas, due to stupid decisions, it never lived up to it. I mean seriously, Lost Swords was stupid (IMO, I know some people liked it). And I was pissed that they brought Sophitia, Cassandra, Amy, & Seong-Mina back as DLC for that game when they should have brought them as DLC for vanilla Soul Calibur 5 (And eventually Talim, Zasalamel, and maybe Yun-Seong).

I was also disappointed that they stopped the Character Creation clothing DLC but this is mainly because I love creating characters lol. Seriously, I was really wanting to get Maxi's 1P & Viola's 2P.

So really, Project Soul needs to do a lot of damage control with Soul Calibur VI. Deliver the game that will truly satisfy the fans, especially if it's most likely going to be their last.
Yeah, if SCVI is gonna be the last SC game, it needs to be fucking epic. And what we need the most is all characters from the series. I don't care if it has the new characters, because even though I hate Patroklos, Pyrrha is quite alright. And I really need a better creation mode. I already said this somewhere, but a combination of SCIV, SCV, and SC:BD creation would be the best. Also, less limited equipment, where I for example can't give it a color I want, or put stickers on it. The best thing about SC:BD Creation was that I had all characters' 1P and 2P equipment, which is sick. And seeing that in SCVI would be awesome.

I wouldn't say SC6 is going to be the last game. I mean what if it sells well? Why stop there.
I think it'll be decided on how the game turns out to be. If It's another SCV, then yea it'll most likely be the finisher of the series.
So here's hoping it's a 'full' game this time.

before any talk about sc6 , it would be good that namco started by finishing sc2 hd online , i mean were still waiting for lobbies in the online mode, this guys just keep on disappointing , i dont know about you guys but its been more than 2 years since i bought a game, the industry is dying folks !

before any talk about sc6 , it would be good that namco started by finishing sc2 hd online , i mean were still waiting for lobbies in the online mode, this guys just keep on disappointing , i dont know about you guys but its been more than 2 years since i bought a game, the industry is dying folks !
I doubt that PS will be including lobbies at this point. A man can dream :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back