Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep adding stuff, one of the character that I wanted to talk about has been revealed by Vergeden earlier. It's nice that he got an other source coinciding. I still have some other char to talk about and I will be delaying a little since we could get nothing or a 5second screen/teaser before 15th and I might get other info before.

Anyways, remember that all information is from gathering talk, rumours from different source. Nothing is still confirmed, but there are some char names that keep going back to my ears, so if there is a SC6 announced, they have a high chance being in.

Trying to finish it quickly. Will post here as soon I have finished.

Not to beat on a dead horse:

Back when I was a lurker on the old soul calibur forums, I thought that the volume of posts in each character's specific "Soul Arena" subforum was a decent indicator of the character's popularity (now I recognize some extra zealous individual can amass a lot of posts to distort the results).

I supposes you can take a look at the SCIV soul arenas to get a gauge on the message count.

However, because this forum is known to appeal to more competitive fans, it's good for me to hear that project soul recognizes that casual fans have favourites too.

They need to be placated or else the negative backlash from the loud and whiney masses would flock to social media and then would cripple the initial reception and overall health and viability of the game.

If this site that I've found is to be believed, or is actually accurate, then they sold 1 million so far on PS4 and only 210,000 on Xbox.

And, according to this site, there around around '371,807 ± 18,404' people on Steam who have bought Tekken 7, which means that even PC outsold Xbox.

if true, that's a pretty big margin in favor of PS4.

but if Tekken 7 sold so badly on Xbox, then why bring other games like Dragon Ball Fighter, Code Vein, Ace Combat, and Sword Art Online to Xbox?

The only new character from SC5 I'd miss is Pyyrha Omega I think, that is if they don't include her somehow. I remember when we first got wind that Nightmare was going to be succeeded by her I thought it was a joke, but she was the best executed successor by far I think right down to the voice acting. Seems fitting she should return in some form or another as I remember in the old games Sophitia would often mention her, although Rock would often mention Bangoo too but no one seems to like Rock for some reason, still I couldn't stand regular Pyyrha in SC5 sadly so I would not miss her.

Yoshi being my favourite character I think may explain my particular fondness for SC4. Yoshimitsu the 2nd was alright, streamlined well mostly, almost an improvement putting aside him being an especially pointless successor... Although there are a few things they really dropped the ball on such as Iron Fist Possession. SC4 Yoshi was the most complete and I think the best Yoshi so far really.

As far as Talim goes I liked her a lot more when she was new in SC2, in SC4 she was more of a throwaway character for me, though she did have a few moves I liked to do.

I think this is something SC5 lost when when they condensed the movelist. I was never just doing the moves that get the most damage or anything like that, I was doing the moves I liked to do and I would spend my time planning all sorts of maneuvers just to see if I could... I hope they do go back to a more complete movelist as in the previous games.

Try Sailor Moon M.U.G.E.N. I would like to see Sailor Moon Musou game not that crap 2d fighting.

I mean more along the lines of a bigger name like Arc System Works. Their work in the Guilty Gear series has been turning out great and their new Dragonball Fighter Z game is looking promising as well.

I just had a theory regarding the Nightmare in the Passion Republic concept. You know how I said he has a lovecraftian horror aesthetic? What if it has something to do with Astral Chaos? After the shards were destroyed the remains spread across the existential plane and formed this eldrich abomination. It looks like something that comes from another world, as opposed to something from the normal world of SC, so I think this is a possibility. Any thoughts?

I think this is something SC5 lost when when they condensed the movelist. I was never just doing the moves that get the most damage or anything like that, I was doing the moves I liked to do and I would spend my time planning all sorts of maneuvers just to see if I could... I hope they do go back to a more complete movelist as in the previous games.

A successful moveset for me is one that is a mix of both practical and flashy moves. I loved on SC4 risking using an unsafe but cool move/combo at the end of the fight because I knew with the slow motion and camera effects it would look even cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back