Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That what i talking about. Umbrella > generic sword. Yoshimitsu, Mitsurugi, Xianghua, Yun-seong and Hwang have similar weapons such as swords/blades that's why i against adding Xianghua as playable character.

That has to be the most asinine logic I've ever seen. Mitsu, X, Yun, and especially Yoshi have very different styles.

Where you see that i mentioned styles? I said WEAPONS not styles.
Characters are not there just to look good, darling, its only PART of them. It doesn't matter if Setsuka's sheath is an umbrella, that does not make her original, unless she makes use of it in a different way. Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Yun-Seong and Xianghua all use their weapons in a different way (and the only ones with similar weapons between them are Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu).

That what i talking about. Umbrella > generic sword. Yoshimitsu, Mitsurugi, Xianghua, Yun-seong and Hwang have similar weapons such as swords/blades that's why i against adding Xianghua as playable character.

A sword is more than just a long knife.

Maybe you're unfamiliar, but a katana, a dao and a jian have different disciplines.

Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu get away with having the same weapon only because yoshitmitsu functions as the oddball character with a crazier moveset while mitsurugi functions as the easily accessible traditional samurai.

Personally I'd like more differentiation, but Mitsu vs Yoshi is the least of the concerns. The shield+sword combo, Kilik/Xiba with staffs, Taki/Natsu with Kodachi, Leixia/Xianghua with Jian need to be addressed

So who's excited about possible guest characters? I know some people hate them but guests are essentially a part of the series' brand now so they're to be expected. It will be interesting to see who makes it into SC6...

I'm against more Star Wars nonsense nowadays, but Kylo Ren being in just to recycle+merge Vader & Apprentice move sets would be good.

Kratos would be good bring back as a guest simply to bring Aeon's moveset back to the original owner, give Aeon his "Lizardman" style back. Also not many people got to experience Kratos on PSP, and they can update + improve him from his PSP/Aeon moveset to reflect his more recent games.

Dante from Devil May Cry was originally considered as a guest for SC3 as he was one of the most requested guests back in the day after SC2 came out with guest characters. Would be interesting if he were realized considering rumors of a new DMC game, though I don't think he would fit too well with SC's medieval theme.

On the Nintendo side if a switch version releases, there's the obvious re-inclusion of Link, or a Fire Emblem character would fit well I suppose, but let's not forget that Bayonetta was considered as a guest character for SCV, but due to over-complexity of her style and design, they scrapped the idea and simply had the Bayonetta artist create some costumes to be included in the game (such as Ivy 2P). She's in Smash bros so maybe it will be feasible to put her in SC6 after all, but she has the same issue as Dante of being too "modern".

If they go the route of doing an exclusive for each console like SC2 and there is an Xbox One version, I can see them putting a Killer Instinct character in, Spinal being the most fitting. What do you guys think?

Personally I'd like more differentiation, but Mitsu vs Yoshi is the least of the concerns. The shield+sword combo, Kilik/Xiba with staffs, Taki/Natsu with Kodachi, Leixia/Xianghua with Jian
If those concepts hinted by the leaker are actually a thing, Natsu may have a very different moveset than Taki. I think the only one you should be truly concerned about is Pyrrha, assuming that she comes back, because both of her movesets in SC5 resemble a lot Sophitia's and Cassandra's, whereas the sisters and Patroklos manage to be quite original, specially Patroklos. Leixia is unlikely to return anyway, and Xiba, while also unlikely, can easily bring a new staff moveset.

So who's excited about possible guest characters? I know some people hate them but guests are essentially a part of the series' brand now so they're to be expected. It will be interesting to see who makes it into SC6...

I'm against more Star Wars nonsense nowadays, but Kylo Ren being in just to recycle+merge Vader & Apprentice move sets would be good.

Kratos would be good bring back as a guest simply to bring Aeon's moveset back to the original owner, give Aeon his "Lizardman" style back. Also not many people got to experience Kratos on PSP, and they can update + improve him from his PSP/Aeon moveset to reflect his more recent games.

Dante from Devil May Cry was originally considered as a guest for SC3 as he was one of the most requested guests back in the day after SC2 came out with guest characters. Would be interesting if he were realized considering rumors of a new DMC game, though I don't think he would fit too well with SC's medieval theme.

On the Nintendo side if a switch version releases, there's the obvious re-inclusion of Link, or a Fire Emblem character would fit well I suppose, but let's not forget that Bayonetta was considered as a guest character for SCV, but due to over-complexity of her style and design, they scrapped the idea and simply had the Bayonetta artist create some costumes to be included in the game (such as Ivy 2P). She's in Smash bros so maybe it will be feasible to put her in SC6 after all, but she has the same issue as Dante of being too "modern".

If they go the route of doing an exclusive for each console like SC2 and there is an Xbox One version, I can see them putting a Killer Instinct character in, Spinal being the most fitting. What do you guys think?
I doubt they will repeat any guest, that would be incredibly stupid. Also, no console exclusives, that is even more stupid.

Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Yun-Seong and Xianghua all use their weapons in a different way (and the only ones with similar weapons between them are Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu).
That's the point. You can't just disclude a character for that reason. Just because they have similar weapons doesn't mean they play similarly.
My point is that every character should have unique weapon not just use same weapon in a different way, better expand style with this weapon than split it in few styles.

It would be awesome if this new mechanic of swichting stances/weapons would give a character some sort of soul companion like Ivy - Snake, Siegfried - Eagle, Cervantes - Kraken, Kilik - Phoenix, Voldo - Spider, Mitsurugi - Dragon, Hilde - Griffin etc. What do you think of it?
Like in Nioh?

But in this fighting game for example you can't fight with 5 characters simultaneously, in Musou game you can.

I am not really into the Musou titles. The only ones I picked up were Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. I enjoyed the Saint Seiya one that was released on the PS3 a while back, however.

I think the Sailor Moon franchise would be really cool as a 2d fighting game, although you seem do dislike 2d fighting games in general. I am not looking to argue with you, I am just genuinely curious, why fo you consider 2d fighting games "crap?"

Perhaps I am deviating a bit too much from the topic at hand... for the sake of keeping the ball rolling, I better mention SoulCalibur hahaha.

In light of the Kotaku article being mentioned earlier, I have to agree with those of you that are skeptical about the game being announced on the 7th. The possible wait until the 15th is going to absolutely kill me. : /

KOS-MOS.full.1292238.jpg

do it namco

I doubt they will repeat any guest, that would be incredibly stupid. Also, no console exclusives, that is even more stupid.
Actually, when I spoke with SCV's director several years ago, he mentioned that one of the development team's gripes with making guest characters is that they spend all this time, effort and resources on motion capture and making a new moveset, just for it to be limited to only one game. So if they could, they would definitely prefer to bring back a guest, especially one that had so little exposure such as Kratos, or a guest like Kylo Ren that would allow them to re-use much of the motion capture that they did for Vader/Apprentice.

And I'm in agreement with you about console exclusives. From a competitive player standpoint console exclusive is terrible because you might as well not have the character in the game at all, since most serious players won't use or even acknowledge them for being banned in tournaments.

do it namco
They already did in SC3... sorta. You can create her in Create-a-Soul.

My point is that every character should have unique weapon not just use same weapon in a different way, better expand style with this weapon than split it in few styles.
The only ones you mentioned that have similar weapons are Yoshimitsu and Mitsurugi. Expanding style doesn't always mean having different weapons.

think the Sailor Moon franchise would be really cool as a 2d fighting game, although you seem do dislike 2d fighting games in general. I am not looking to argue with you, I am just genuinely curious, why fo you consider 2d fighting games "crap?"
Have you watched this anime? Have you watched battle scenes in this anime? How Sailor Moon franchise would be really cool as a 2d fighting game with such small limited movesets? Can you imagine this?

My wind priestess is back?
IM SO HYPE RIGHT NOW <3

As for coming back the same or aged, god I hope she aged otherwise we'd literally have only 3 ppl who aged. Siggy, Hilde and Mitsu.

IM SO HYPE RIGHT NOW <3

As for coming back the same or aged, god I hope she aged otherwise we'd literally have only 3 ppl who aged. Siggy, Hilde and Mitsu.
That kind of depends on the direction they're going with this anyways.

IM SO HYPE RIGHT NOW <3

Didn’t Voldo show signs of aging as well? Because I swear he did a little bit.

In my opinion, Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 would be a good guest for SC6. He is a popular character that could help promote that remake Square Enix is working on. Whenever they are finished with the remake, I could see it being released for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Just like SC6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back