Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't like it, and in this day and age of consumer greed you bet people are going to capitalize on exclusivity deals. Having a guest on all platforms is the most fair way to do it.

Lol okay well as long as we don't get Yoda and Darth Vader again I don't actually care about the guests.

Angol Fear, Shura, Asholette, Amy, Kirkarimasu...
I'd actually like to see all of them return. That said, I'm fairly certain we can't consider Amy as a guest character, given she's an in-series character. Referenced and I think shown vaguely as a kid in 2, a bonus character in 3, then full-on in 4. Kamikirimusi coming back as an alternate costume and voicing for Nightmare would be lovely though.

I'd actually like to see all of them return. That said, I'm fairly certain we can't consider Amy as a guest character, given she's an in-series character. Referenced and I think shown vaguely as a kid in 2, a bonus character in 3, then full-on in 4. Kamikirimusi coming back as an alternate costume and voicing for Nightmare would be lovely though.
Amy technically started as a guest character. To the point that the only line she had was "Amy!"

To be honest, guest characters in general are very disagreeable. Team Soul has to come up with style that fits the guest and their abilities, just to not be able to use it ever again fully. The one time the used them again was just loosely, Aeon getting a few Kratos moves and CaS classes in III getting a few of Link's moves

Still a bummer they didn't keep anything from Vader or the Apprentice. Plenty of those moves would've been fine for just saber sabers, not necessarily lightsabers.

That's splitting hairs.
I disagree. I think there's a pretty big distinction between the two.

I can't tell you based off playstyle hands on experience, but Hwang and Yun are not clones.

In Soul Calibur III arcade edition Hwang has his own exclusive movelist. Of course I cannot tell you how unique it is from Yun though.

Hwang is a clone of Mitsurugi in Soul Blade. Then he is a clone of Xiangua in SC1. Then Yun is his replacement. In SC2 Hwang is a clone of Yun and X. In SC3 AE Hwang is no longer a clone.

According to the German verison of the Namco website, there was a translation to the game's description.
"Reisen sie durch eine Parallelwelt, die sich im 16. Jahrhundert befindet..."
"Travel through a parallel world, set in the 16th century..."

If this is the case, the story could include parallel universes and alternate timelines (MAJOR SPOILER).

Still a bummer they didn't keep anything from Vader or the Apprentice. Plenty of those moves would've been fine for just saber sabers, not necessarily lightsabers.

Maybe Kilik's rival will have some of Apprentice's moves?

That's splitting hairs.

I think it's pretty cut and dry lol. A guest is a character invited from one franchise into another, bonus characters are not invited they just sort of exist, without their own identity, as proven by how all bonus characters in the past have been put into a folder much like our CAS creations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back