Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of game mechanics, do I understand RE right - it's a semi-parry at the cost of guard gauge with a lot of active frames and an attack afterwards that upon triggering (no matter through parry phase or attack one) puts you in a two-sided(!) mixup situation?

I wonder, if Tekken didn't get a port, how likely would it be for SC.

Also, real question, can the Switch handle the graphics?

I never really cared for the Star Wars characters much. Yoda was quite a problem, because of his hitbox (mainly the fact that you couldn't hit him with highs and throws). In the end, it's no use crying over spoiled milk. I'm sure the new guest character will be much better.

Moving on! I really hope they reveal 2 or 3 characters in January, because this is going to be a long wait l0l

You're not. Though the word hate is a bit too much, but i'll say that don't care much, but i can definitely hate them damn a lot if they don't fit (Devil Jin in SCV, or Akuma & Cheese in T7), or end up overshadowing the game. (like SW characters in SC4)

But if they fit, and don't overshadow anything, i can at least tolerate them.
Devil Jin was a horrible idea. They could have used that slot for an actual SC character. Again, no use crying over spoiled milk now l0l

I wonder, if Tekken didn't get a port, how likely would it be for SC.

Also, real question, can the Switch handle the graphics?
I don't think so. They would probably have to downgrade the graphics--possibly other things--just so the game can run without problems.

I disagree. One of the frequent complaints about SCIV, even from people who reviewed the game, was that the StarWars characters ruined the aesthetics of the game. If you played Vader, Yoda, or the Apprentice vs another StarWars character, especially within the StarWars stages, it wouldn't look like a SoulCalibur game at all. It'd be a StarWars fighter. Hell, Project Soul even said they were out of place. Guests like Link, Kratos, and Ezio were far more appropriate, because their designs and fighting styles fit in with SoulCalibur's time periods and aesthetics. StarWars's inclusion felt like an experimentation and a way to market The Force Unleashed (and it wasn't subtle about it).
Off topic but I wouldn’t mind if Namco ever made a Star Wars fighting game if they ever got to use the license again.

TTT2 was build for the Wii U along with the PS3 and Xbox360, so it was not really a port.
Oh shit I didn’t even know that — i know they added a bunch of Nintendo exclusive stuff that was mainly cosmetic I believe, wouldn’t mind seeing it again tbh

Okay kids time to behave. I've seen pointless arguing about guest characters, costumes, business practices, other games totally not Calibur, and fucking nipples. I don't have the energy to go and delete every stupid argument post and dole out that many infraction points. So if it keeps going I close down this thread regardless of how much activity it's getting. So behave, be civil, and just use some goddamn sense.

P.S.

Some of you can't afford to get anymore infractions or really pop up on my radar anymore. So if you like posting here I would suggest highly to moderate yourself as you've all been warned several times. YOU NOW WHO YOU ALL ARE...

Wait.

When did the arguing about nipples happen?

Regardless of how much I read these posts, I always miss something good :(

Reactions: Ave
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I was thinking, "Please look forward to collaborations with other works" is kind of a vague-ish statement, so I'm wondering if that means we'll get things beyond a guest character? Especially since they're implying more than just one. Like, maybe in CaS we'll get equipment pieces from other games/movies/etc? That would be kinda cool.

I love Taki's designs. Really excited to see her in VI.
ColorDespite most of her art depicting her outfit as red, it's actually majenta in SC1 and 4. Almost pink, actually. I hope her outfit is actually red this time, but with color edits it's not a big deal.
I like the magenta actually. It seems to give her character more visual femininity that contrasts her stern personality. While Red just looks overall is too bright of a color to fit her bring a ninja. I never liked them using that. Magenta is just the softer variant of red/hot pink.

Boob WindowNo strong feelings on this issue, but I'd prefer they forego it. Her outfit is sexy enough without cleavage. Besides, Ivy and Sophitia will probably already have that covered.
Agreed. I'm hoping they don't go with that if they remake her outfit from SCI. Her costume in SCI is probably my least favorite seeing as compared to SC 4's, it looks a bit primitive. It doesn't make aesthetic sense for her to have open-cleavage while being a ninja, not to mention shes wearing a mask over her face. It just looks like it defeats the purpose of trying to look concealed. However I can tolerate it if they gave her fishnets and bandages underneath it so that its not just bare skin out and open.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I was thinking, "Please look forward to collaborations with other works" is kind of a vague-ish statement, so I'm wondering if that means we'll get things beyond a guest character? Especially since they're implying more than just one. Like, maybe in CaS we'll get equipment pieces from other games/movies/etc? That would be kinda cool.
Bandai Namco has so much stuff under their banner. That alone could result in a mass assortment of IPs to choose from and include as CaS pieces.

Like, maybe in CaS we'll get equipment pieces from other games/movies/etc?
I've been thinking about this, i'd love to see PS team up with Tite Kubo from Bleach to give us a DLC CaS costume pack including the different Shihakushō & Haori that the captains & shinigamis wear. Since bleach is a weapon based shonen manga/anime, and SC is a weapon based fighting game, i think they'll fit together well.
maxresdefault.jpg

I was thinking we might see some promotion outside of SCVI itself? Like a collaboration with another series where you can get weapons/armor from SC or something.

I have no clue if Namco is on good terms with Sega or not, but I'd love to see some Soulcalibur-related equipment in PSO2.

As soon as the theme fit i'm ok with it, as posted by @Soul Bleach would fits, or something like Dynasty Warriors, The Witcher or Souls Series. But things like Tekken costumes or Idolemaster, dead or alive or somethings ew please no.

Personally when it comes to costumes stuffs my main concern is having as bunch as possible of Alt costumes, new ones or/and from past Souls.

Oh shit I didn’t even know that — i know they added a bunch of Nintendo exclusive stuff that was mainly cosmetic I believe, wouldn’t mind seeing it again tbh

Man, the Wii U version got some extra stuff that shouldn't have been kept from the other consoles. The costume stuff is fine, but they got a new Tekken Ball for the first time since Tekken 3 that had nothing to do with Nintendo. And that was the version of Tag 2 that ended up selling the least. Ungrateful, I tell you. >:(

Bandai Namco has so much stuff under their banner. That alone could result in a mass assortment of IPs to choose from and include as CaS pieces.
Yeah if they could focus on releasing stuff from SE-SCV and not fucking hentai clothing or futuristic stuff (Tekken or Astronaut or whatever) that would be great...

We don't need collaborations, we just need Soulcalibur and its own universe is big enough to provide everything we need -_- I would pay for original DLCs (like SCV costumes or characters like Salia), but not for guests or CaS parts from other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back