!!! SOUL CALIBUR 6 Release Date ! When do you think it is? !!!

Chu-Fye

[10] Knight
So Ive been doing a bit of thinking. From the onset of the first trailer, obviously the biggest question we all have is WHEN? When in 2018?

Ill go ahead and make a prophetic prediction... The Release date is August 07 2018.
Quote me on this ;)

After a fair bit of contemplation, I have concluded that the release date will be around Evo 2018 (Aug 03 - Aug 05).
Give or take the week before, during, or after.
So, we're looking at a late july or early August release window.
DUevEkwX4AACmLs.jpg

So we see above a total of 20 base character slots.
We have a a total of 8 characters already announced : Mitsu, Sophie, Groh, Xianghua, Nightmare, Kilik, Ivy and Zas.
So 12 more to go. Right?
We have as it seems 2 characters revealed every month (perhaps 3). Lets say 2 for now.
So 12/2 = 6..... or perhaps
12/3 = 4

We are currently on the last day of Feb (as per this post) So we are looking at 4-6 months from today which takes us to June through August at latest.

I think July August is a realistic expectation...

What say you?
How did I come to this estimation? Well Ive reviewed the past release dates of the franchise (No spin offs) and here are the results :

$

Released
Arcade
June 1996 (Ver. II)​
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
$

Initial release date: July 30, 1998
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soulcalibur_II_flyer.png

Release
July 5, 2002
------------------------------------------------------------------
ScIIIbox.jpg

Release
PlayStation 2:
NA: October 25, 2005 EU: November 18, 2005 JP: November 23, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soulcalibur_IV_cover.png

Release
NA: July 29, 2008 JP: July 31, 2008 AU: July 31, 2008 EU: July 31, 2008
UK: August 1, 2008 NZL: August 1, 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SoulcaliburV.png

Release
NA: January 31, 2012 JP: February 2, 2012 EU: February 3, 2012
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
I don't think they're following a certain pattern after the long ass period we had to wait for the announcement. They'll probably announce the release date soon, though. My guess for the date when the actual game drops is either August or September. I'm leaning more towards September.

It all depends on how development goes. If it was at 70% complete almost 3 months ago, then it's probably 85% complete right now.

If the game was really 70% 3 months ago, a June/July release don't seem to be impossible, also it will be a good timing i think, both MKX, I2 and T7 were release a this date and were all successful. But i think it's gonna be September for the later, cause i guess they will avoid the COD/Fifa and cie in the holiday period, which will be wise lol

I am hoping that for July/August that to me sounds reasonable but could be like October/November latest.

Also hoping it isn't released on different dates in different continents that would be so painful if it's like longer than a week it will kill me lol

Ill go ahead and make a prophetic prediction... The Release date is August 07 2018.
Quote me on this ;)

I'm going long-term and saying it won't be out until close to the end of the year, perhaps even December. They really should focus on completing the game this time, not leaving an unfinished mess like SoulCalibur V, and they should take all the time they need. I can wait longer if necessary. I think September is absolutely the earliest, though, no way it's sooner.

Also since no one else has said it yet, the 20 slots thing is confirmed placeholder. Leaks say we'll have 22-24 characters at launch and because we'll need a random button and custom character slot, that means 24-26 slots. And then 6 DLC characters rumored, making it 30-32 slots overall, which may or may not be there from the start, may be modular and come in as the DLC drops.

I think fall is a good guess, probably not prior to October, what I'm hoping for is that the longer of a development time the game will have, the more refined and deep it will be, giving the developers time to make the gameplay as smooth and sharp as ever before and giving the game more depth with more potential for extra, better modes than ones from recent history, my prediction is that the game will be released somewhere in early December of 2018.

Yeah my guess would be July/August for the earliest or a late November/December release. But hey I like suprises! By all means please take all the time you need Bamco to make a good quality finished product..I'm patient. On another note, I believe SCVI will be very successful when it hits the shelves. Something is telling me this is gonna be that game..if u know what I mean..that's my prediction. ;)

I think fall is a good guess, probably not prior to October, what I'm hoping for is that the longer of a development time the game will have, the more refined and deep it will be, giving the developers time to make the gameplay as smooth and sharp as ever before and giving the game more depth with more potential for extra, better modes than ones from recent history, my prediction is that the game will be released somewhere in early December of 2018.

I really want SC6 now... However, like you said, I'm willing to suffer the pain a few more months for a polished and mossssstttt importantly, a balanced (no more viola and hilde crap) game.

I think the next character reveal will give us a better idea. If it's 2 again, then I'd say fall. If it's 4 then end of Summer is more likely.

Yeah my guess would be July/August for the earliest or a late November/December release. But hey I like suprises! By all means please take all the time you need Bamco to make a good quality finished product..I'm patient. On another note, I believe SCVI will be very successful when it hits the shelves. Something is telling me this is gonna be that game..if u know what I mean..that's my prediction. ;)

I agree with you @the_prodigy! Soul Calibur VI has many chances to be released in summer 2018. November or December release is too far away because the game was almost 70% finished in December 2017. And Okubo said that they had started to working 3 years ago for this game! So, the release date is really close to us! And I'm really sure that it will be better than Soul Calibur V, they'll give us a complete and a very beautifull game!

I agree with you @the_prodigy! Soul Calibur VI has many chances to be released in summer 2018. November or December release is too far away because the game was almost 70% finished in December 2017. And Okubo said that they had started to working 3 years ago for this game! So, the release date is really close to us! And I'm really sure that it will be better than Soul Calibur V, they'll give us a complete and a very beautifull game!
I definitely think it's gonna happen sooner than we think!

Back