Soul Calibur 6: Technical Gameplay discussion

When I played the demo yesterday in San Francisco, there was something strange with Mitsurugi: if I recall, doing BBB, the third press activated a reversal edge. Do other characters have that sort of thing?

When I played the demo yesterday in San Francisco, there was something strange with Mitsurugi: if I recall, doing BBB, the third press activated a reversal edge. Do other characters have that sort of thing?
It does seem that certain strings have a auto RE, from what I recall I can only remember Rugi BBB and Kilik 4BB (SC4 Kilik 46B) having it.

They are more than likely others too.

In terms of why im uncertain it will probably mean it's a fastest window for RE to come out after those moves than a manual one.

Didn't see any thread about meter so I'll just put it here. I noticed that you gain about 1/4 bar of meter for landing a Lethal hit or a Reverse Edge (the initial hit). Also you get a small amount for breaking a throw.

Also you get a small amount for breaking a throw.

Well that's good. Makes a lot more sense than the loss of life in V.

Also, anyone understand the logic with the change of how GIs work with throws and break attacks? Seems like a weird switch. I'm guessing it'll be quite painful to adapt to not being able to nullify BAs as well as before with GI and JG. Oh well.

Well that's good. Makes a lot more sense than the loss of life in V.

Also, anyone understand the logic with the change of how GIs work with throws and break attacks? Seems like a weird switch. I'm guessing it'll be quite painful to adapt to not being able to nullify BAs as well as before with GI and JG. Oh well.

I thought it was dumb at first but I like it now. GI has got buffed with one direction beating throws, high/mid/low and CE, so it needs more risk to it. My early impression is that it benefits Kilik and Sophitia more post GI, because Kilik has that 4b LH and Sophitia has TAS B, both giving big damage if they don't reGI.

Forgot to mention that I saw Sophitia loses meter when her 9B+K quake stuns the opponent (13m15s) but Xianghua's doesn't (5m38s).

From the newer gameplay (i'm looking at RIP vs Kayane haha), and one of the newer streams that I forget, (i only really remember the gameplay, maybe Final round?) it seems like RE can actually be used kinda well, it blocks critical edge, though that might be a bug. Plus the meter gained is a good amount. @BrewtusBibulus uses it very well from his games on one of the streams (I forget which one, and it has been deleted from youtube), but I didn't see anyone else really use it much. I feel like it could be used really well, especially for getting out of a sticky situation. @Party Wolf, what do you think about it? (I only saw the match between Bibulus and Party Wolf fully, so I did not see who else was competing.)
Also, What does everyone else think about it? Really, I think it looks pretty useful in certain circumstances.

From the newer gameplay (i'm looking at RIP vs Kayane haha), and one of the newer streams that I forget, (i only really remember the gameplay, maybe Final round?) it seems like RE can actually be used kinda well, it blocks critical edge, though that might be a bug. Plus the meter gained is a good amount. @BrewtusBibulus uses it very well from his games on one of the streams (I forget which one, and it has been deleted from youtube), but I didn't see anyone else really use it much. I feel like it could be used really well, especially for getting out of a sticky situation. @Party Wolf, what do you think about it? (I only saw the match between Bibulus and Party Wolf fully, so I did not see who else was competing.)
Also, What does everyone else think about it? Really, I think it looks pretty useful in certain circumstances.
It's better in some match ups more than others. You're going to want to use it more against characters like Groh and Xianghua who base their game on pokey 50/50s into semi-slow moves or more pokes. The parry window can handle all of that, but against a character like Sophitia you're going to have a very hard time getting away with it because of her more reserved playstyle on top of TAS B lethal hit for whiff punishes.

So far, i can't find any footage on a defense against Unblockables (except movements like sidestep)
Do Unblockable attacks beat GI and RE?
As an example, Mitsurugis Unblockable out of his stance, looks pretty fast and also spamable.
In SC5 JGs where the answer to unblockables.

So far, i can't find any footage on a defense against Unblockables (except movements like sidestep)
Do Unblockable attacks beat GI and RE?

GIs & RE lose to Guard Breaks. GI never countered Unblockables. RE has similar to GI except it absorbs attacks instead of stopping them.

As an example, Mitsurugis Unblockable out of his stance, looks pretty fast and also spamable.
In SC5 JGs where the answer to unblockables.

Interrupting Unblockables is the best to deal with those types of attacks.

GIs & RE lose to Guard Breaks. GI never countered Unblockables. RE has similar to GI except it absorbs attacks instead of stopping them.

Interrupting Unblockables is the best to deal with those types of attacks.
OK, so now the game is again open for a potential unblockable spam.
I just hope there won't be some annoyig unblockables ^^

Does RE have its active frames as early as a GI? I never really read that anywhere (not surprised it is difficult to test at the moment)

Would be a cool way to differentiate, if GI is i2 and like RE is ~i4

Is there a breakdown anywhere of changes in Soul Charge for characters? It would be interesting to see all hidden mechanic changes, like the Sophitia chip damage.

New build and what appears to be a new mechanic which looks similar to JG.

Its not my video but all 5 times this came up in the IGN gameplay vids has been put together in this video.

https://twitter.com/crna_ruka/status/1005950963499163648?s=20

We gonna need e3 attendance to give this a test that's for sure.

I'm sure we will see alot more of it when decent players get to play the new build at e3.

Initital thoughts?

Back