Soul Calibur Chronicles: Maiyuki Hayato

RoKtheReaper

[08] Mercenary
SOUL CALIBUR CHRONICES: MAIYUKI HAYATO
The One Who's Destiny Has Been Chosen by Fate
422795_10150571966553138_615293137_9299194_1619860824_n.jpg

About SCC: MH
Salutations, I go by the name of "RoK the Reaper" and I am the author of this series. Soul Calibur Chronicles: Maiyuki Hayato focus around my created character and the fictional universe I have created which features both Created and Canon characters of the Soul Calibur Series. Rather than posting on a website, as I was going to originally do so, I'll be posting new chapters here in this thread.

Also, it is to be known that in this universe I have created for this series; all characters may not completely retain their canon personalities to a complete fault as it may be altered to fit the story or my character's perception of them; also, except for a few areas, everything will be fully accessible by land and all places are seemingly interconnected.

About Maiyuki Hayato/Prologue
Maiyuki Hayato is a single-child who lived with her Grand Parents, never knowing her real mother or father. She is aware she has a half-brother and half-sister; Omni Hayato, a renowned mercenary, bounty hunter, and war strategist; and Yukino Hayato, a renowned scholar and elegant Geisha, though both unaware of Maiyuki's existence.

She was always a young, rampant youth who seemed prone to outbursts due to her constant craving for attention; receiving a scar that runs across the top of her right eye and under her left one when she attempted to unknowingly fight a malfested who attempted to kill her and her grand parents, though she was saved by the Soul Calibur wielder at that time, Siegfried. Running away from home as she began to realize the attacks got more frequent and she seemed to be the cause, not wanting to put her Grandparents in harm's way, though later she found out they were dead from an attack that destroyed her village lead by the Evil Knight of Legend, Nightmare.​
Depressed and not knowing what to do, she thought about following in her half-sister's foot steps and refine herself as a Geisha and earning a just living like her grandparents would have wanted. She was turned down for having the scar across her as well as the tattoo, with them saying Geisha should be as close to flawless as possible. Enraged, she attempted to fight, which she ran into Setsuka and was easily defeated. Eventually, Maiyuki learned the deadly Art of Shinden Tsushima-ryu Battojyutsu after convincing Setsuka to take on another a pupil. After her Master's disappearance Maiyuki became a wayward spirit who was up to mischief before she was taken in by the leader of the Dissonance Kingdom, Algol, who recognized her talents and gave her an ultimatum to either be imprisoned for her crimes or to work for him to make a his better, ideal world.​
Algol, who has acted as somewhat of a father figure and role model to Maiyuki and has said that he will help her in search for her true Mother as well as Setsuka, has tasked her in using the skills honed by her former master as well as himself in order to seek out the cause of catastrophe in the world before it reaches his Kingdom, Soul Calibur and Soul Edge; and bring them to him so that he may use their combined powers to restore peace throughout the land. This is where our story picks up.​
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of Souls and Swords...Eternally retold.

NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION
Something you will need to know is how colored text in this fan fiction relates to the entirety of the story. If you see text "Like this" which is just plain blue colored text, a character is talking. However, if you see text "Like this" which is of a lighter blue and italicized, it means a character is thinking.​

CURRENT NEWS
CHAPTER 3 HAS BEEN RELEASED! (03/01/2012 5:30AM CST).

CHAPTER UNDERWAY
Chapter 4: The Woman with the Whip-Like Sword.

CHAPTERS COMPLETED
  1. Chapter 1: Setting Off in Search of Soul Edge
  2. Chapter 2: First Stop, Village of the Wind Deity!
  3. Chapter 3: A Fortune for your Future.

SOUL CALIBUR CHRONICLES: MAIYUKI HAYATO
Chapter 1: Setting Off in Search of Soul Edge
The day was bright and clear in Dissonance; there seemed to not be a single cloud in the sky as birds flew overhead, the mutterings of the townspeople were heard everywhere, and everyone seemed at peace and excited while Lord Algol seemed pleased as he was praised by his Kingdom.​
"I'm glad that you all are happy with my reign, I hope to remain a good leader to you all" Algol said as he continued to walk, soon nearing the entrance to his castle and the gates being shut behind him as he turned to one of his advisors, "Is Maiyuki getting ready? I know today is the day she has picked to set out on her great journey, this isn't going to be an easy task for her.". "Yes my lord, she is currently setting up a horse as we speak. I heard that she is already done and is merely wasting time to see you before her departure. She can be found in the stables.","Thank You.".​
Algol proceeded to walk the corridors, heading out the back way until he was in clear view of the stables. Passing by everyone who served under him within his castle, giving nods, greetings, and encouraging words on how he planned to keep the harsh reality of the conflict over the sacred swords from getting within their borders. Heading towards the stables he stopped to see Maiyuki making her final preparations, talking to her horse which she had named Melody, stroking its mane as a few laughs were heard. Algol let out a smile as he could clearly remember the first time the two had met and when he found Maiyuki in a state of depression and darkness that was unbecoming to her true demeanor, as he knew what her true potential could possibly be. Approaching the two, stopping about five feet or so behind them as he made it known he had returned.​
"Well, I can see someone is in good spirits, that is a good sign, you will need that enthusiasm". Maiyuki turned her head to see Algol had returned, she stopped patting the horse and turned to him, a cheerful smile upon her face as hazel colored eyes fixated upon his face. "Well, I am happy you've entrusted this quest to me and that I can help you realize your dreams for a better Kingdom and a better world". Something she noticed about him is that he was always kind and seemed strict but with the best intentions. Some had spread rumors that he had dark intentions and lusted for power, but she knew they were merely disbelievers who thought everyone in the world was after its ruin and destruction, but Lord Algol sought to change that. "I'm glad to hear that". Motioning now to her horse, he soon turned back to her, "Are all your preparations complete? I arrived late, so I apologize if I held you up; but so many people wanted to talk to me today when I was about the town and I truly hate to refuse any subjects who wish to chat with me". "No, it's all right, I understand. I just wanted to give you my good bye before I set off." They sat there and chatted for a little bit before Maiyuki finally got upon Melody with her bag of food, gold, and her weapon "Sinful Harmony", double checking everything before she finally made her way to the gate which lead to the town; she had a cloak over her to conceal her identity from the townspeople so they would not question why she left.​
Stopping at the gate she gave quick smile to Algol who said one last thing to her, "It is probably a good idea to head towards the last possible sightings of the Soul Edge blade first; I heard it was seen last around the Village of the Wind Diety, while that was a few days ago, you may be able to gather something from the people there as to what they saw and have some clear to its location from there. You should arrive there before nightfall." Maiyuki stopped to Algol and gave a quick smile and a nod. "I'll start there first then". Just as she was getting ready to flick the reins to set the horse off, Algol interrupted once more. "Oh, and Maiyuki", "Yes?", "Be careful". She turned fully to him and gave a lot of enthusiasm. "Do not worry. I will not falter in my quest and everyone will realize your vision soon enough. The next time you see me, I'll be in possession of Soul Edge." With a flicker of the reins she was now off, the thundering of the hoofs of Melody echoed at the entrance of the castle as the gate began to came to a close and Algol faded from vision, Maiyuki was off on her quest finally.​
As she rode through the town, she went widely unnoticed except for the small, innate few who happened to recognize her horse. She began to look at the oil paintings done by various artisans, the flags which flew high on the walls that surrounded the town, children at play, and just all of the things that made Dissonance her home. A bit of sorrow came over here, this was not going to be an enjoy journey but she knew that she would return soon enough because after she grabbed Soul Edge she would need Soul Calibur. Clearing the gates and coming into the world, it would be the first time in a long time she left the protection and tranquil sense of home that Dissonance provided.. but all birds eventually have to spread their wings and she planned on creating a hurricane when she flapped her's, she would change the world. "This is where my journey begins".​
Algol, gave a small smirk before it faded from his face, hands behind his back as he began to head towards the throne room, "It has begun".​

Chapter 2: First Stop, Village of the Wind Deity!

Maiyuki headed out towards the Village of the Wind Deity, just as Algol had told her to. Heading closer to where the Village should be, she began to thought if Soul Edge was seen near here, would she spot malfested and people who are weary of newcomers? Would anyone even be willing to provide information that she needed knowing that she was after that Cursed blade? So many things she thought about and would have to prepare for, including on how to extract information from those unwilling to part with their knowledge; so many variables and so many things to think about, "Well, better to work any kinks out now rather than to be caught off-guard" she told herself. "Well, better to work any kinks out now rather than to be caught off-guard" she told herself. Traveling around on a mission was not something she had ever done before, but she thought she was more than ready to undergo this daunting task and was sure she was the only one Algol could truly rely on to carry something of this magnitude out.

Night had come sooner than expected, though, she did stop off to feed the horse, drink some water, and eat something herself while thinking entirely too long about what to do once she finally got there. Soon, she arrived at the Village of the Wind Deity... or rather, she arrived to what was left of it. Eyes of hazel opened wide in shock as she peered from beneath her cloaked appearance from a little distance back from on top of a hill, noticing the city in what appeared to be ruins of its formal self. Seeing it like that hit her all too close to home, yet she pushed down those painful memories of that painful day and climbed off of her horse, thinking it may be better to head in on foot to remain undetected rather than on the horse which gave a clear sign that someone was heading in that direction. Looking further, she saw small illuminations of light from various parts of the Village's wreckage and figured there may be inhabitants. Stroking the mane of her horse, she simply smiled as she spoke in a light, calm manner, "Melody, I am just going to be gone for a second all right? Be sure to wait here and no wondering off!". With that, she clutched Sinful Harmony, making sure her blade was good and ready to go as she descended the hill and made her way towards the city.

As she finally began to move into the city, using the shadows to her advance and the fact clouds kept crossing paths with the moon, dimming the natural light. It seemed that there were small amounts of people, fires were built and they seemed to have built makeshift houses from the remains of the debris. It was a few times she stepped and something creaked or broke underfoot while other times she stepped in ashes, not to mention the charred small of formerly burned wood and flesh, a fire must have also broken out at some point. "But why do they live here instead of heading off to another town?" she asked herself. She decided to see what was the general perception of outsiders maybe from some conversation, as now they may be hostile towards anyone they do not know because of the recent incidents. Also, since she was informed from Algol that the Soul Sword was spotted only a few days ago, maybe someone would still be talking about how everything happened and she could eavesdrop on what she needed to know without actually having to go out-of-her-way and inquire the locals about which way did the one with the sword go. Though pretty soon she turned around as someone shouted, "You there! Show yourself!".

Turning quickly around she thought about how this was not a good time to be caught as she was in the middle of the city and knew there were people on all sides of her. The wind had seemed to kick up a notch as she got into the city and had to shield her face various times from the ashes that were flying, maybe she went at a bad time because of that; though, no one seemed to hear her but Maiyuki and she came out, hand on Sinful Harmony as she focused on a figure who was also cloaked. "What are your intentions for being here?! I told you what would happen if you came back trying to steal food." From the words the woman spoke, it seemed as if someone was going around trying to take food away from them. "I assure you, I have my own food and am not trying to steal anything." Though, as she seen that the woman had assumed a stance ready to fight, she thought that getting into a brawl with a local would not help to persuade anyone to give her information; besides, she did not really want to deal with a Tonfa user. "I was just trying to collect information about Soul Edge without scaring any locals as this town seems to have been decimated." The wind blew once more and the cloaked figure seemed to be at ease now, pulling back her hood and revealing twin braids and kind eyes. "Well, it appears as though you are telling the truth. I am Talim, known by many as", "The Last Priestess of the Wind" Maiyuki said, finishing Talim's sentence for her. That name was well known in her city as people spoke about someone from the Village of the Wind Deity being able to hear the wind and cure the sick, injured, and had even saved someone from being malfesed by Soul Edge. Maiyuki had once thought to seek her in order to see if she could resurrect her fallen parents, but quickly learned that raising the dead is beyond her powers from a few locals.

"So, you have heard of me....I have been away for some time but with hearing what happened, as the Village Elder now I need to come and help my people above my own agendas..". Talim said, "The Wind... it howls, it screams. Soul Edge is again loose and causing destruction in the world. The wind cries once more". Maiyuki had no idea what she was saying, she did sound a bit crazy but maybe she really could hear the wind. "Well" Maiyuki replied, "I know with Soul Edge rearing up again that it may eventually reach the boarders of my town, and I am trying to prevent that by going after it. I am in search of clues to better help me find the sword". Talim looked at her and closed his eyes, another breeze of wind passed before she opened them. "You.. I do not know why but.. I feel.. the wind feels like.. you're going to bring about change. I've never felt this before. Maybe you coming here was Fate." Maiyuki really did not think at all that she was making sense now, she seemed a bit... eccentric, for lack of better words. All she needed was the information about Soul Calibur and did not care about anything else right now, except the growl of her stomach. "Well, do you have anything to tell me in relation to Soul Edge? Like where did the person go who did this to your Village?", "Well, I can turn from that growl you're hungry. How about I tell you about what happened over a bowl of soup? I have some being made right now." She could not turn down that offer, especially with her being as hungry as she was. "That's fine.". Maiyuki watched out for trickery, no one was this nice... no one.

Talim lead Maiyuki towards a fire with several people around it, all passing around bowls of soup between people. No one asked who Maiyuki was, nor did they make any greeting either, they all seemed to watch her, nod their head and pass her a bowl as she sat down with Talim. "I remember starting my search for Soul Edge and Soul Calibur when I was 15-years-old... nearly 17 years ago." As she picked up a bowl of soup, Maiyuki listened and took in the entirety of her story. "I can remember the wind howling then as well, as if it was in pain. I looked for Soul Edge but was unable to and now my Village pays for that. I lost a lot of my power to communicate and feel the wind after saving someone who was malfested with Soul Edge, but now, I am nearly able to talk and hear the wind as I want...but it will be a while before I can go up against the user of Soul Edge." That right there is what got Mayuki's attention. She turned her head to watch Talim, enjoying the soup given to her as she raised a brow, "Why?", "Well, I came back after hearing something was going on in my village. Once I got here, it was fires everywhere, dead bodies, and smoke. I found a woman holding Soul Edge, she was accompanied by one lunatic of a woman who carried a ring blade who preached about finding strong souls. I confronted her but was knocked out by the shield of the person who had Soul Edge. I awakened, alive, the fires gone and my people all around me. I need to treat the wounded, find food, and help the city to rebuild.... as well as get stronger. I cannot die right now, I will pursue them when I can finally muster up the strength to do so.. my people need me right now. Yet, I was disappointed I was not able to protect everyone, that I was not here and not strong enough, that will not happen again." Maiyuki, losing her grandparents to Knightmare, the Azure Knight who carries Soul Edge made her story all too personal...Talim could see the sorrow in her eyes and knew a similar ordeal must have occurred, the empathy she presented was one of pure recollection.

Turning towards Maiyuki, she laid her hand on her shoulder. "But you, the wind, the howling around you is strong and full of vigor. The wind is uplifting and gives me faith, I do not know what all you will be doing but it says to have faith in you, to trust you. I will do just that, it has never let me down before." Hearing all of this made Maiyuki uneasy, either the woman was really someone who was connected to the wind or she was a bit insane in the head, but, she had to take it for what it was worth. Finishing off the soup, she was going to get back to the point. "Well, do you know where these people are? The Soul Edge bearer and this woman with the ring blade?", "Straight to the point, aren't you?" Said with a smile which flashed across her face. "I haven't the slightest, as the wind howls all over from the destruction and deaths by its hands, but there is a woman at a town called "Visgard" where you may be able to find information. Her name is Viola and she is a master of mystic energies and controls a crystal ball; she helped me get back most of my power and may have information on Soul Edge.", "Really? I come all this way and this is what she gives me?". Maiyuki thought to herself, making sure she took this information with a grain of salt yet laid out a fake smile and thanked Talim for the food and all of her help. "It is no problem whatsoever. The wind says you're trustworthy. If you would like, you can sleep here until you get ready to leave. It would probably be better for you to stay here until morning." indeed it would be. Grabbing her horse, Melody, she took Talim up on her offer to in the city until dawn. Tying her horse up by her on some of the remainders of a building, she drifted off to sleep; not planning on doing so but the fire was so warm and the environment was so friendly... she was not use to this type of friendship nor was she ever this "naive" in taking people at their words alone, but she seemed to be a good person.

As daylight broke, she was up first thing in the morning and was planning on leaving before anyone woke up. Visgard was a lot shorter distance so she could probably head there, get some information or find out this woman is also a quack and start seeking out information on the location of Soul Edge. As she grabbed Melody, made sure her blade, Sinful Harmony was safely tucked away before climbing aboard and ready to go. She was full of energy and refreshed from the food and the good sleep, being the best sleep she had got in a while honestly. Meeting the Last Priestess of the Wind was a weird experience, but she means well and the people seemed to actually be all right. A shame it had to happen to her Village, but better her Village than her new town, she supposed.

"Leaving I see, without so much as a goodbye or a thank you?" Talim said as Maiyuki slowed down her horse upon leaving the city, turning to look back at her with an embarrassingly ashamed look upon her face, as if she forgot all of her manners and human decency in her intent in pursuing Soul Edge. "I am terribly sorry. I do thank you for the hospitality showed by you and those of your city. I am also very thankful for the information you have given me. I am going to do my best to make sure catastrophes that happened here do not happen again.", "Yes, enough cities have been destroyed. I put a gourd full of soup in your food bag so that you may eat it whenever hungry, since you seemed to have enjoyed it.". Talim glanced to Maiyuki, then to the direction she was going as once more the wind kicked up. "Listen. A lot of people do not know what to think of me and my gift, nor of what to do about the world we live in, or even Soul Edge, but you have to believe. I wish you well on your journey. I am hoping I can once again pursue Soul Edge sometime soon, until then, I leave it to you. I place my faith in you, let the wind guide you.". Maiyuki nodded her head, thanked her for the gourd of soup and headed off in search of Visgard. Maiyuki honestly regretted thinking how she did about Talim, at least because she was so nice and seemed so pure-hearted, so there were good people in the world after all. That was good to know.

(( Continued in Chapter 3: A Fortune for your Future))

Chapter 3: A Fortune for your Future

Riding across the open plains with her eyes set straight ahead, Maiyuki set off for Visgard to find this "Viola" woman Talim said would help her out on her quest. The first problem Maiyuki had encountered was that she did not ask Talim, nor did she specify, exactly which direction she needed to go in order to arrive at Visgard. "I sure do hope I am going the right way... cannot believe I actually believe that". What she was referring to was the "feeling" she got when the wind shifted directions and seemingly she knew where to go in order to arrive there, she mixed this in with Talim being the supposed "Last Priestess of the Wind" and hoped it was not just hopeful optimism that rubbed off on her. The horse gave a small little Brrrrrrrrr sound as if to tell Maiyuki to also believe, with a small stroke along the side of the horses face as it galloped Mai let out a laugh, "I know, I know. It's just... it is very hard to believe the whole "Wind! Guide me!" thing Melody. I just hope I'm not leading you in the wrong direction". Not only that, she was thinking about how desperate she had to be for information if she is following the advice of someone who believes they can talk to wind to look for someone who uses mystic powers and has a crystal ball...but then again, Soul Calibur and Soul Edge are believed to be weapons with mass power, and the village destruction proved that fact. Tucking any doubts within her away for the moment, she spotted what appeared to be a bustling little town just up ahead.

Maiyuki clicked her heels against the horse's sides, pulling it to a stop. Being right at the entrance, she decided to inquire a passing merchant, "Excuse me!" She exclaimed, "Would you happen to know what city this is?". The man, looking a bit busy turned around to glance up to her, "Visgard" he said in one short, hurried breath before he was off again to an unknown location. "THANK YOU!" Maiyuki said loud enough for him to hear before rubbing her horse's head, very contented, "I guess she's not so crazy after all". Typing up Melody to a post outside, she fed her and made sure to tell her to stay put and not cause any trouble for the locals. She made sure to grab her sword off of her, this place had people with weapons everywhere so it would not be good if a thief or bandit attempted to better her and she was unarmed. Everything being secure and Melody all set, she walked inside ever busy market town known as Visgard.

This place seemed like it was the apex of a seller's and buyer's dream; you had many makeshift stores and one-stop-shops that polluted nearly ever square-foot of the town. People bumping into each other, carrying quantities of any particular item, and constant advertising of things you would find nowhere else at the absolute lowest prices you would find anywhere. There were big and small shops, artificial paths created by merchants to let customers visit every single one, even signs that split the area into sections to help identify where you should go depending on the goods/services you were looking for (Food, Clothing, Weaponry, Mercenary, Domestic/Other). "This would be a very good time to load up on supplies" she thought to herself, including maybe buying something else to carry her food in besides just a regular bag.

Visiting a couple of different stores now, she bought things she needed. A type of backpack to carry food in, it even had a compartment for supplies. She bought additional food that did not have to be kept cool and could be eaten at any time without it going bad for weeks and months. She found additional clothing, herbs, medicines, it seemed like an oasis for someone who was greatly in need of supply. "Wow, they have everything here!" she thought to herself, the town looked a lot smaller from a distance than it actually was... that or they found a way to optimize their space. Getting lost in shopping and picking up some "cuter" outfits, she almost forgot the reason she had came there, she needed to find that "Viola" person in order to gather up some information in regards to Soul Edge. "I'm guessing because she is something like a fortune teller, she would probably be under Domestic Services..." as she tapped beneath her chin, trying to figure it out. She decided that was the best course of action, stuffing her spoils into the big bag on her back, heading into that area.

Looking left-to-right, right-to-left she did not spot anything that a fortune-teller type woman would reside in. "Mercenaries-4-Hire...Horse Care Services..Ezio's Assassin's Shoppe..." reading the names of various places near silently to herself before she came across a little hole-in-the-wall type of store which seemed to be the most broken and rundown of all places she seen. "This can't be it....." the place was called "A Fortune for your Future". It seemed the most relevant to someone who would carry a crystal ball. Hearing people chatting towards her left, she heard someone saying that they did not have enough to see the "Fortune Lady" and that today was suppose to be her last day in town. "Just in time" she thought to herself, though, she wondered why this would be her last day in Visgard... did not matter because at least she would be able to get some information out of her.. or so she hoped. Talim was right so she needed to have more faith in these things.

As she headed into the little shop someone was coming out and they looked very angered and were screaming obscenities.. that could not have been a good sign. Walking into her store, there were beads dangling down in the entrance way which she had to push aside to get in; curtains were also on either side and the room seemed nearly pitched black, as if the light from outside did not dare make its way past the door. She could not make out much, just a pillow in front of a table, the faint view of hands that seemed to continually be moving around a glowing crystal ball which seemed like a small storm was taking place in the middle of it.. she wondered how she managed to be able to do that. "Some people cannot take the truth. They would prefer me to say what they would like instead of the truth of the matter. Alas, it is not my place to defend them from reality." The voice of the woman who resided in the shadows,"Take a seat, I've been expecting you" the voice called out to her. Maiyuki, a bit creeped out kept her hand upon her blade, making her way to the pillow in front of the table and having a seat. "So, I am guessing you're Viola?", "I am. Though, with you seeking me out, I have no idea why you grip your blade, and so firmly at that. Still doubt?", "How did yo--","I know a lot of things". The crystal ball seemed to radiate even more as she began to talk once again.

"So, Maiyuki. Wish to learn about your future?" She said in an ominous tone, despite what she was saying it seemed devoid of all emotion and was intangible... almost as if she did not exist from this world. Knowing a good fortune teller was suppose to do that, she still had doubts... but if Talim really could "Read the wind" then maybe Viola could actually tell what was going on..not to mention she knew her name without her asking. "How did you know my name?" she was quite shocked at this.. there was no way she would have known that. "You seem to ask a lot of questions that aren't very important or relevant to your cause.". She seemed cold and straight to the point about things, and that really annoyed her in the worst kind of way, but she needed her help so she would bite her tongue for now. "Well, you know why I'm here.", "Indeed, I do.", "Then why not tell me what I need to know then? Where can I find Soul Edge?". Maiyuki clasped her teeth, looking at Viola yet seeing nothing but pitch black, nothing illuminated but her hands from her ball which seemed to be spinning itself in the middle, seeming to be in the middle of forming something.

"Soul Edge is a sword crafted by human hands. It was so delved into blood and hatred that it become a demonic entity, possessing a demonic soul and threatens to consume all who touch it." As she said that, her eyes were made clear to be seen, a very freaky thing to Maiyuki.. eventually, her whole face began to show as the crystal ball grew brighter, Soul Edge being shown within it. "Countless wars, millions of lives consumed, and yet people are still willing to spill unnecessary bloodshed to obtain this weapon......a weapon which glorifies self-destruction". Soon an image began to show of people going insane from grasping the weapon, turning into demonic, malfested creatures who only hope at peace was a merciful, swift death. Wars, blood shed, women, children, flames, turmoil, all of these things were depicted within the crystal ball before it went clear instantly. "Do you understand what it means to go after this sword? Do you know the consequences for underestimating it? Those people, their foolhardy dreams of power and petulance of not being able to obtain it?". Maiyuki looked at the ball and her good and hard, those eyes of her were unyielding, they showed no compassion nor did she appear to care either way, regardless of her words and the warning they were providing. "Listen, I do not know if you are trying to scare me or lead me down a path that is less of a burden; but I NEED this sword. Nothing you say will change my mind. Do you have the information I need or not?".

Viola glanced at her with something of a grin, but she could not tell the expression exactly, "Impatient once more I see. Very well". Her hands opened up, the ball began to slowly rise from the table appearing right in front of Maiyuki as it showed the image of a woman. "This is a woman who wields a sword which can transfigure itself into a whip-like weapon. She has the information you need to finally obtain Soul Edge. However, I would advise that you go to her with caution. She is a formidable opponent and will not give you what you desire unless you prove yourself worthy." She made another warning. "And where do I find this woman with the whip-like sword?", "She's actually in this very town. There is a game that is played at the very back of the Weaponry Section of Visgard. There is a makeshift coliseum where they hold a tournament daily, the winner requests something of the loser and they must do it or are killed on sight. This is your opportunity". This sounded like something people would place bets on, and she was wondering if maybe Viola heard of her from back in the days of her delinquency and wanted to make a lot off of Maiyuki. Putting those thoughts aside again, she stood up and slowly lightened the grip on her blade.

"Then I guess I'll be heading there. I appreciate your time and your advice". Maiyuki was going to ask Viola more, but she got this strange feeling that she asked everything needed and got all the information she would require. Turning around on her heels to walk towards the exit, Viola spoke again, "Just as Talim sensed it through the winds, I can feel it." Before she brought her ball back down in front of her on the table. "You will bring about change, good, or bad... but I think we will finally see the conclusion of the Soul Edge blade. You have resist what you do not yet crave and let go of that which you love and respect". She made absolutely no sense... but she gave her the information she needed. "Uh.. all right. Thank you, Viola... but what does that mean?". "You will surely know when the time comes.". Viola muttered nothing else as Maiyuki left the place, the sun much brighter outside now that she was not within a world full of darkness. "I need to find this woman" she said to herself again.

Now she was going towards the Weaponry Section, finally getting a real clue as to the whereabouts of Soul Edge as long as she could prove to this woman her fighting spirit! That should be easy she thought to herself.. in fact, she felt sure that she would get the information. "Was it because both Talim and Viola said I would be the one to change the world?" she thought about everything, giving her even more confidence in Algol's plan to use the Spirit Swords to unite the whole world into Peace.. yup, this had to be fate.

(To be continued in Chapter 4: The Woman with the Whip-Like Sword).

Back