The Unknown Soul
WCMaxi from Namco said:"Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition is a re-tuned, re-vamped, and, most importantly, fixed version of Soul Calibur III. Naturally, all glitches found in the console version have been fixed. In addition to that we've re-tuned the overall balance of many moves and re-vamped Amy, Hwang and Li Long as official characters. All three have been revised into more unique move sets and help to expand the already expansive Soul Calibur III line-up."
This is a port of the beloved Arcade Edition, released on System 246, to the PlayStation 2 with some extra features peppered in. It tries to capture the gameplay feel of Arcade Edition whilst also packing in some additional changes.
Changes made to it include, but are not limited to:
- Inclusion of AMY, LI-LONG and HWANG in the main cast as playable characters.
- INFERNO as a boss to all Soul Calibur wielders.
- Certain moveset bug fixed and balances from the Arcade Edition.
- Changes to gameplay aimed to fix game-breaking issues occurring on PCSX2 whilst maintaining hardware compatibility.
- Extra features such as NIGHT TERROR being playable.
- ...much more, and more to come!
- Arcade Edition specific movesets breaking a lot of gameplay elements [Such as text, throws, NIGHT TERROR, INFERNO].
- Arcade Edition costumes 3-6 breaking the game entirely.
- AMY's file location colliding DIRECTLY with that of COLOSSUS.
- OLCADAN not being able to utilize AMY, LI-LONG and HWANG.
- WILL-O-THE-WISP breaking the game entirely.
- Implementation of AMY, LI-LONG and HWANG version of "The Ancient" weapons.
- Implementations to OLCADAN's AI, making him able to utilize new characters.
- Fixing all of the remaining PCSX2 specific bugs.
- A patchmaker and a patcher so I do not have to upload the ENTIRE GODDAMN ISO FILE.
- AMY, LI-LONG and HWANG only have one costume.
- Shady hitboxes on INFERNO cause him to take more damage than usual. This has been worked around unreliably.
- INFERNO is perhaps a bit overpowered.
- RELEASE v0.50
- Moved AMY, LI LONG, and HWANG to the main character selection list.
- Moved ABYSS to the bonus character selection list.
- Made some preparations for moveset ports.
- Removed a variant of WILL-O-THE-WISP (It broke the game.)
- RELEASE v0.75
- Made INFERNO the end-story boss to all Soul Calibur wielders.
- Added the OST "Hellfire" from Soul Calibur 2.
- Fixed all of the mandatory battles in Tales of Souls being bugged on PCSX2.
- Moved N. TERROR to the bonus character selection list, rendering him to be playable.
- Renamed NIGHT TERROR to N. TERROR.
- RELEASE v1.00
- Great Wall can no longer be canceled. [XIANGHUA]
- Slowed down the unblockable part of Silent Stream by 50%. [SOPHITIA]
- Fixed a bug which caused a crash on N. TERROR vs N. TERROR.
- Fixed a bug which caused N. TERROR's wings to go missing on Quick Play.
WALL OF CREDITS:
Many people have contributed to this project over the years, and I want to thank all of them here in this post:
- @Ooofmatic and @C.AntonioFalcon for jumpstarting this mod's development by exploring both Soul Calibur 3's PlayStation 2 and Arcade Editions.
- @Byros for discovering the location of the elements missed by people over the years, such as the character selection icons.
- @Ian and @Amysorel3 for discovering crucial information about Arcade Edition elements.
- Ultralisk27 on YouTube for discovering the Bonus Selection Screen's location in Soulcalibur 3's RAM, which greatly accelerated the process of development.
- YukiXXL on YouTube for fixing N. TERROR not being able to be selected on character selection.
- The entirety of 8WAYRUN and Soulcalibur 3 Modding Community for their help and support over the years.
First off I want to point out this has been done before. ISOs have been shared on this website many times in it's past without any legal action to note. But in any case.
SOULCALIBUR, SOUL EDGE, PROJECT SOUL AND ALL RELATED TERMS AND MEDIA ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF BANDAI NAMCO LTD. AND HAVE ALL OF THEIR RIGHTS RESERVED TO THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANY. THIS ISO9660 FILE HAS BEEN PREPARED AND SHARED UNDER FAIR USE FOR USE IN SCIENCE AND EDUCATION UNDER REVERSE ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING CATEGORIES AND ALSO FOR FUN, PERSONAL ONLY USE. THIS ISO9660 FILE WILL BE REMOVED ONCE A PATCHER PROGRAM FOR THE GAME IS MADE AND WILL BE REPLACED WITH A PATCH FILE REQUIRING THE GAME'S ISO9660 FILE TO USE.
THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THE TITLE SCREEN OF THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE A CREDIT NOTE TELLING PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE MODIFIED GAME THAT IT IS, INDEED, A MODIFIED COPY OF THE GAME MADE BY ME, TOPAZTK, AND NOT ME, TOPAZTK, TRYING TO CLAIM ANY COPYRIGHT OF THE AFOREMENTIONED GAME ITSELF. THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE IN THE GAME HAS BEEN UPDATED TO SAY "2020, BANDAI NAMCO LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED" TO COMPLY WITH THIS. "TOPAZTK" IN THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE IS NOT A PART OF THE "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED" STATEMENT AND SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. THIS STATEMENT WILL BE CHANGED IF REQUESTED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDING COMPANY IN QUESTION, BANDAI NAMCO LTD.
BY DOWNLOADING THIS ISO9660 FILE YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU LEGALLY OWN A TRUE, PHYSICAL OR DIGITAL COPY OF THE GAME ACQUIRED BY LEGAL MEANS. I, WHO AM LEGALLY KNOWN AS "TOPAZ MAXWILLIAM QUARTZ" AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AS THAT IS NOT MY INTENTION NOR MY PURPOSE TO DO SO.
Now that we got that out of the way...
RELEASE v0.50 does not require too many files to work, and hence can be found at: http://bit.ly/Arcade-V050 as files of the project.
RELEASE v0.75 can be downloaded from: http://bit.ly/Arcade-V075 as a 7z file containing an ISO file.
RELEASE v1.00 can be downloaded from: http://bit.ly/Arcade-V100 as a 7z file containing an ISO file.
Happy Modding, and thank you to all who made this possible!