Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition: PS2 Edition

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
attachment.php

Thanks to Chang's Friend an Phil Bond for sending me their AE files, I finally have it near fully working!

The only two AE movesets that don't work are Ivy's an Yoshi's (They freeze the game). Everyone else works fine. Even AE Abyss is playable!

Password (case sensitive): 8WayRun.Com

Attachments

• sc3arcade1.jpg
    sc3arcade1.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 1,488
  • sc3arcade2.jpg
    sc3arcade2.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 2,007
  • sc3arcade3.jpg
    sc3arcade3.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 1,299
  • sc3arcade4.jpg
    sc3arcade4.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 2,811
  • sc3arcade5.jpg
    sc3arcade5.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 2,776
  • sc3arcade6.jpg
    sc3arcade6.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 1,966
  • SC3_AE_PS2E.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,128
Dont take out ''Through Molten Caves'' that song is hot.
I think the buddhist sanctuary is an alright stage, u should prolly take out the drizzling stage. I think it belongs to Maxi.
Oh and changing the character select screen music to the one from SC2.

The other ideas look awesome too. Imo, u should prolly keep it to just Calibur music. Then again u could also replace the final soul edge stage's music with something epic from another movie or game or somethin.

I like the idea of the heavily modded exhibition version for fun (can't resist all those odd lizardmen), but I'm more partial to the idea of a straight port of the arcade character line-up: ideally going so far as to remove Arthur, Aurelia, Revenant, etc.

I can only modify characters.. not completely remove them. But if you don't like the changes I made then I'll see about making a more true to AE mod to mail it to you.

Anyways, I've been working on it for the past while now and I'm almost done. The only thing that I want to do is replace the intro with the SC2 one (just for the hell of it), and maybe replace some of the music with music from SC2 (at least the character select). And I still haven't been able to fix Yoshi and Ivy.

I'll hopefully have a torrent ready by Wednesday night, but it might be later than that.

I can only modify characters.. not completely remove them. But if you don't like the changes I made then I'll see about making a more true to AE mod to mail it to you.

Anyways, I've been working on it for the past while now and I'm almost done. The only thing that I want to do is replace the intro with the SC2 one (just for the hell of it), and maybe replace some of the music with music from SC2 (at least the character select). And I still haven't been able to fix Yoshi and Ivy.

I'll hopefully have a torrent ready by Wednesday night, but it might be later than that.

I would prefer a more true to AE mod myself

Anyway, about the Ivy and Yoshi's movesets, do the normal SC3 ones work, or they are broken too?

God, why Ivy!? I was looking forward to this but now that Ivy's moveset doesn't work... :( I hope you will be able to fix that Oof. I will pray for your success.

More SC1 tunes!

And everywhere I'm seeing all this love for SC2 (in different ways or another). Why don't we just Super Turbo that game and have $5 entry fee tournaments for it on the side of the norm SC4 $10 tournaments?

That shit sounds fun w/ what you're doing, Oof. :)

I'm cooler with the more true to AE mod. Mailing it to Asia is kinda far fetched. I'll update on the situation when I get back to the UK.

Anyway to get SC2's team battle mode in there Oof? I'd imagine not, but I don't wanna discount a miracle.

Why the SC2 intro? It's totally NOT better than the SC3 one. SC3 intro is EPIC and features all SC characters.

SC3 music themes to keep:

Seigfried's/Nightmare's stage theme
Yoshimitsu's stage theme
Voldo's stage theme
Taki's stage theme
Raphel's stage theme
Setsuka's stage theme
Cassandra's stage theme

Replace the following SC3 stage themes:

Abyss' stage theme with "If there was any other way" theme (destiny battle) from SC2
Rock's stage theme with the Rock's stage Khan Version theme from Soul Edge
Sophitia's stage theme with the Sophitia's stage Khan Version theme from Soul Edge
Ivy's stage theme with the Ivy's stage theme from SC1
Night Terror's stage theme with Inferno's stage theme from SC1
Yun Seong's stage theme with the Egyptian Palace stage theme from SC2
Cervantes' stage theme with the Cervantes' stage theme from SC1
Xianghua's stage theme with the "Hubris" theme (arcade version) from SC2

Everyone else's theme, do as you wish.

I hope each character has A LOT of alternative outfits, especially those that get their 2nd player costume removed. :(

I'm really looking forward to this! And to see what all the fuse is about the AE version of SC3 (kill me Caleb haha).

THANK YOU SO MUCH OOFMATIC FOR PUTTING A LOT OF TIME AND DEDICATION INTO THIS PROJECT. I'M GONNA TRY TO ADVERTISE THE HELL OUTA THIS GAME IN THE MIDWEST, if it's good...hehe :) !!!

Maybe the save file could be jiggered to manipulate the character unlocks. I don't know where you get hardware to play with PS2 save files, though.

Hellz fucking yeah!!!

Thank You Ssssssooooooooooooooooooooo Much OOFMATIC!!!!

I dunno why, but i have a STRANGE feeling I'm going to LIKE SC3: AE. But maybe moreso this version because of the time, dedication, and energy you put into making this game PLAYABLE on ps2.

If I worn a hat, I'd take it off in your honor. Fuck it...I'll cut my damn hair LOLZ!!!

OOF I dunno why I didn't ask this earlier, but which version of PS2 did u use to make this work? reg ps2 slim or fat, or modded ps2 slim or fat? If modded waz it swap magic or chip? Now that I think about it, I really hope this works haha.

I assume the "readme" txt. file has all the list of changes you made?

I'm not the only one to take credit for this. A lot of thanks goes to Chang's Friend from Hong Kong who sent me the AE files initially and who discovered some things about the AE files which I didn't.

I didn't list all of the changes in the readme, as I didn't change as much things as I originally planned to, but there are some stage swaps such the slightly different AE stages (pirate ship and battle arena), and the chaos realm is replaced by the mountain top stage (music doesn't fit it well but its good enough).

Olcadan is Inferno/Charade, Lizardman has a crown and is also SC2 Lizardman... Voldo 2P is "LizardVoldo", Nightmare 2P is NightTerror, Mitsu 2P is Arthur... and I think that's it.

For those of you who don't like one of the stage/character swaps that I included in this mod, fear not, you can easily change it yourself!

After you download SC3:AE:PS2E, follow this guide: http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=110490&postcount=1

Using OLK Explorer along with an unaltered root.olk (from your own normal copy of SC3), you can swap the characters/stages.

For example, if you want to make Arthur (which is Mitsu's 2P) back into Mitsu 2P, use OLK Explorer and open up your unaltered root.olk. Find Mitsu's 2P model (File7.olk>File10.pkg) and export it. Then open up the SC3:AE:PS2E root.olk and replace the same file (File7.olk>File10.pkg) with the one you extracted.

If you want to change the mountain top back into the Chaos Realm, it's the same thing, except the Chaos Realm stage is located in File5.olk>File411.pkg. Easy stuff.

I hope you guys enjoy the mod, and please remember to seed! :)

Could you talk a little about what kind of hardware is needed to run this? Do I need a modded PS2? If so, then what kind of mod is it? Can I do it myself? Do I need some kind of boot disc?

84 people already downloaded the file, but no one post about how it works! Please somebody tell me about if it really works well, and if the stages are broke like I saw in the video offmatic posted.

-Stryker-

Back