Soul Calibur Merchandise & Collectibles thread

Recently I found some really nice replicas of some of the weapons in Soul Calibur

Eiserne Drossel

resize2.php

Soul Calibur (SCI and SCII)
resize2.php

I got a copy of the Soul Calibur II guide from a store called Vintage Stock, which is AWESOME!!!!! It cost less than $10, but it was in very good shape, and it came with the soundtrack! :O

So after months of waiting, got an EMS parcel package from Japan today.
That Hobby Japan Limited Ivy figure which I pre-ordered finally arrived. So here's some photos.

Box - It's black&white? You would think they would have spent a little more and printed in color?
28tyqa8.jpg

Unboxing - You get Ivy, a clear plastic circular display base, her Valentine sword with sword-whip attachment and some kind of pink wind/flashy bright thing that suppose to accent the movement of her whip.
r90msl.jpg

Her sword actually comes in three pieces. You can remove the blade to attach her sword-whip. You can... well actually you have to remove the handle grip from the rest of the hilt in order to place the weapon in her hand.
263fs7o.jpg

When you get that assembled then you're ready to set her on display by attaching her to the base. The circular base has pegs which go into holes underneath the soles of her feet.
j5ecrm.jpg

2dhdvrb.jpg

Same with the pink flashy thing, just attached it to the base.
2iu9xqx.jpg

The figure is quite beautiful... well sculpted.
10g0hp1.jpg

View from above
m9x73k.jpg

Here's some close up photos. I guess you can say they were "spot on" in regards to the details... lol
2cld2e.jpg

The figure is 1/8th scale standing roughly 8 inches or 20cm tall made of PVC plastic.
142u25e.jpg

11axy50.jpg

As you can see, a lot of work went into some of the finer details of this sculpt. Everything from the Tudor Rose emblem on her left arm pauldron to the lacing around her thighs and waist, everything is nicely painted in detail. You can see there's texture to the snake leather wrapped about her and even the folds of her plush skin being squeezed by the tight outfit is convincingly done.
15zgv2w.jpg

Had you not been told that this was a small scaled figure, you probably could have mistaken this next photo for the real thing lol!
103ak4i.jpg

But let's get back to reality and focus.
2yke0zs.jpg

It's only made of plastic right?
21jyhy9.jpg

Man... my eyes must be decieving me... lol
r9e748.jpg
xg0bwz.jpg

Overall, this is great addition to anyone's collection ~for Soul Calibur fans, figure and/or toy collectors, anime fans, gamers, etc... granted you don't mind admitting to your close friends that you actually collect dolls as a hobby. =D
30vdphv.jpg
21f05ud.jpg

It's a limited exclusive run so I'm not sure what the current availability is (or pricing which is sure to go up ...hopefully, maybe, probably...)

2a8kump.jpg

Let's hope they'll release some more figures when SCV releases.

I hate you =)

I've seen this one many times on ebay, it was super expensive, like 500$ and sometimes it was much cheaper. Same for the SC3 Ivy statue. I wonder, why do the prices vary so much?

I've seen people list figures on ebay at ridiculous mark ups with obviously no buyers... Dont know why people do that. There are some figures which become rare and can be legitmately priced very high. As for this figure, the msrp should be like $80 - $90 USD at the time of preorder. Its recently been released so I'd expect price to vary up to mid hundreds. Any more than that is really a rip off at the time of this writing. Every once in a while you may even find it even cheaper than retail (like in Japan) if you search around. Just be careful of knock offs and counterfeits.

Back