Soul Calibur V Gameplay Demos from EVO2K11!

• Admin
Word on the news vine is that during the upcoming top 8 stream for Tekken 6 at Evolution 2K11, Namco Bandai Games International and @FilthieRich will be announcing a few new reveals for Soul Calibur 5! The top 8 stream for Tekken 6 will begin immediately after the end of top 8 for BlazBlue.

You can tune into the live stream of the Evolution 2K11 Fighting Game Championships at their live page: http://evo2k.com/live/. Stick to 8WayRun.Com as the tournaments go on for continuing coverage of the reveals. This post will be periodically updated as news is released.

12:25pm : opening statements. Introduction of Katsuhiro Harada and Daishi Odashima.

12:27pm : new character announced: Leihua, Xianghua's daughter.

Untitled-1.jpg

12:29pm : gameplay demo with Zwei and Patroclus, explaining the new critical edge system; it appears that critical edge supers can also ring out. In addition, we also get to see a significant amount of gameplay featuring Zwei's "partner" Ein.
12:33pm : gameplay demo with Ivy and Natsu. Natsu appears to play just like Taki.
12:37pm : gameplay demo with Mitsurugi and Siegfried. Match takes place on Zwei's new "boundless" stage which has no ring outs or walls. The game looks much faster paced than its predecessors.
12:41pm : closing remarks from Daishi Odashima and Katsuhiro Harada wishing that the game will be featured in an upcoming EVO tournament. Planned release for the game to be 2012, as expected.

2:55pm : @filthirich announces a playable demo of Soul Calibur 5 at this year's Tokyo Game Show.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
The game play looks disgustingly flashy. Needs some getting used to. Did anyone see GI being used anywhere?
I thought I saw Repel GI used once during the Mits/Sieg match. Hopefully that exhibition was recorded for closer inspection.

As a Taki player I really like Natsu's game so far.

Looks like late (maybe all?) throw breaks have a little bit of damage, and did I see Patroklos die from chip damage in one of the rounds? :O

Edit: Nevermind about the chip damage, wasn't paying attention at the time.

I'm even more excited for the game than ever.

I am predicting an obese character. Street Fighter and Tekken did it, so why not SCV. I was expecting a little more than a picture reveal, but I guess info will be released soon. What I don't get is why advance the story if all you are going to do is replace older characters (women) with new ones.

So is Kilik the father? If so will she use some of his moves too. Kinda like how Tekken 3 Jin used Jun and Kazuya movesets.

Xianghua is one of the youngest females in the series. It's seeming more and more likely that Ivy will be the only returning female character.

I saw a few just guards, but I didn't see a single guard impact. I'm curious if that mechanic is simply out. The game is still far away from release though, a lot of stuff was obviously placeholder.

Live streams

5 Viewers
jay2theMFd
jay2theMFd
Have Fun Or Die Tryin!! #PathToPartner
5 Viewers
VitaminDCosplay
VitaminDCosplay
Making Your Waifus, Taking Your Song Requests

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)