Soul Calibur V Sales Discussion

jeezes i'm a little bit ashamed but i'll admit i do recall Salarta.
However, I recall him being a shit stirrer though

Update
SC5 - 1.7 million (360 and PS3)
TTT2 - 1.5 million (360, PS3 and WiiU)
http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/09/nam...s-for-soul-calibur-5-tekken-tag-tournament-2/
Great work, Soul Calibur V.
lebron-james-thumbs-up-miami.jpg

Here's a bunch of sales info based on Namco's IR data.

Between release and 2006.03, SC3 sold 1 million worldwide. (Tekken 5 sold 1.1 million in Europe during same fiscal year)
Between 2006.03 and 2007.03, SC3 budget title sold 404k in US and Europe.
Between release and 2008.12, SC4 sold 2.2 million in US, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Between release and 2009.03, SC4 sold 2.3 million in US, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Between release and 2010.03, Tekken 6 sold 1.8 million in Europe, Japan and Asia. (SC: Broken Destiny did less than 400k in same fiscal year)
Between release and 2012.03, SC5 sold 690k in Europe and Japan.
Between release and 2012.06, SC5 sold 1380k in US, Europe and Japan.
Between release and 2013.03, SC5 sold 1750k in US, Europe and Japan.
Between release and 2013.03, TTT2 sold 1500k in US, Europe and Japan.

SC5 is selling pretty well long after release. In comparison, SC4 sales practically stopped going up after some months. SC5 still hasn't reached SC4's total, but it could reach it at the current pace.

TTT2 sold worse than Tekken 6. I wouldn't mind Namco paying a bit less attention to Tekken at this point and pushing SC harder.

I honestly don't know why SC isn't as commercially popular as Tekken as its own entity. I mean I dont want it to be mainstream and filled with SF bias; (as if it already wasnt but I digress) I think SC needs some more marketing to get a larger amount of people to view it as the alternative to Tekken being just as good. Maybe its just that Tekken gives Harada more stock in Namco then PS does. Maybe its favourtism. Though I think if Harada took up SC and acknowleded it as Tekken's little brother, then maybe it would get some more notice. SC needs more commercial mainstream promotion but less mainstream features. As it is now, I really think SC is just struggling with its identity mechanics wise and in the market.

Back