Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Uhh what kind of event is this exactly? Who are those people?
Join IGN for a live taping of Esports Showdown in NYC, Presented by Overlord!
Two gamers will face-off and compete in an Early Access Soulcalibur 6 Live Stream:
CashNasty plays NBA2K and Madden. He is part of 2Hype - a group of YouTubers who reach more than 9m subscribers.
Troydan has grown his audience to over 2.5m subscribers since posting his first gaming video in 2014!
These gamers will battle alongside IRL professional fighters:
UFC Stars Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson, Quentin "Rampage" Jackson, Jens Pulver, and MMA fighter Angela "Overkill" Hill will battle it out on the soon to be released SoulCalibur VI, hosted by Greg Miller and Alex Mendez.

For as much shit people gave SC4 (myself included), it arguably had the best roster. Excluding the StarWars characters, it had 24 returning characters, two new comers, no mimics, clones were restricted to bonus characters, and a healthy male to female ratio. That and no vets were locked behind dlc.
Dlc didn't really exist back then when you think about it, not the way it is now at least.

@LisaK thank you

Is one of the things you mean budget? Because Xrd is one of the games I'm referring to, and it's practically an indie game in terms of budget. There's also KoFXIV, which has 50 characters all made 100% from scratch and was made by a company that went bankrupt like twice.
SC outright halts everything.
Budget was just one thing, I meant we have imperfect information so it's hard to draw parallels here. They are different publishers with each title having its own sales history which is used to justify the budget for the next title. Namco has Tekken as it's main successful fighting game meaning SC VI has to compete with it for its budget, whereas Xrd or KoF 14 may not have such problems. SC V was poorly received making it even harder to justify a sequel.
Xrd rev 2 shipped with 25 characters. KoF 14 reused 25 characters, even though they had to create new 3D models, those were 25 designs they reused.
I don't know where you're getting indie budget from either, wiki says Arc System Works owns Guilty Gear and it's a developer and publisher.
All it comes down to is whether or not you'll buy SC VI, and I think you will as will everyone posting on this forum, and that means we think it's worth the asking price, but I will give you day one DLC, that's just fucked up.

Last edited:
Namco has Tekken as it's main successful fighting game meaning SC VI has to compete with it for its budget
It doesn't work like that, if Soul Calibur had massive sales it would have a bigger budget and development team regardless if Tekken is a smash success in sales as well.

Because of the broken bonus characters? Given SC3 had severe balance issues, I can't really agree. Hilde and Algol were the most unique of the cast: Hlide for being an armored woman with two weapons [and wasn't sexualized at all] and Algol for how unorthodox his fighting style was

No because of the classic characters like Li Long and Hwang were left out. I welcomed Hilde and Algol but over my homies, no way.

For as much shit people gave SC4 (myself included), it arguably had the best roster. Excluding the StarWars characters, it had 24 returning characters, two newcomers, no mimics, clones were restricted to bonus characters, and a healthy male to female ratio. That and no vets were locked behind dlc. I was really hoping SC6 would follow this example
This. SCIV Definitely had the best roster.

Hilde >>>> ALL SC3 Bonus Chars
Funny, Hilde was a SC3 bonus character too.

Hilde isn't a bonus, but she was simply based on female Knight's discipline.
9f72565b75ae2aff4996f0ca5efd295d--female-warriors-game-art.jpg

Just like Algol was based on Edgardo, but the character never existed in SC III, but he was CaS on Broken Destiny.
Edgar004.gif

Back