Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I know almost for certain we'll see Amy later, as they got Heather Hogan-Watson to return for her, and I doubt they would go through the trouble if she was just a bit character.
Okay @Nyte I would really like to know where you got that info, cuz I can't find anywhere that H.H. Watson is back, I hardly believe that since I know they changed most of the original VA for this game :o

Okay @Nyte I would really like to know where you got that info, cuz I can't find anywhere that H.H. Watson is back, I hardly believe that since I know they changed most of the original VA for this game :o
I watched Raphael's Chronicle and that was certainly Heather voicing her.

Also, they didn't change "most" of the original VAs. The only ones that got changed were Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Siegfried/Nightmare, Talim, Seong Mi-na, and Tira.

I watched Raphael's Chronicle and that was certainly Heather voicing her.

Also, they didn't change "most" of the original VAs. The only ones that got changed were Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Siegfried/Nightmare, Talim, Seong Mi-na, and Tira.
Ooo.. so it's not 100% confirmed or anything, would like to give it a listen but don't wanna spoil myself ^^'
No, they didn't just the third of the cast xD

Ooo.. so it's not 100% confirmed or anything, would like to give it a listen but don't wanna spoil myself ^^'
No, they didn't just the third of the cast xD
But they sound unique to me. I think that Hwang is also unique. If they had no plans of using them later I’d be inclined to believe that they would just get one of the other voice actors to cover their lines rather than hire a unique one.

But they sound unique to me. I think that Hwang is also unique. If they had no plans of using them later I’d be inclined to believe that they would just get one of the other voice actors to cover their lines rather than hire a unique one.
Hmm... Indeed, it does seem weird to do that, guess I'll have to check out myself to be sure (not that I don't believe you xD just wanna be sure before hopping on the hype train that I managed to avoid for so long, would be really sad to actually manage to get disappointed this close to the end ^^")

someone said there achievements in achievements list, where u need to fight 10 ranked matches with custom chara, but i read it right now and there is no "ranked" word in that achievement

someone said there achievements in achievements list, where u need to fight 10 ranked matches with custom chara, but i read it right now and there is no "ranked" word in that achievement

U sure?

You're giving me hope stop it lol

New Ivy art
DpnsFkRUcAA04-9.jpg:orig

Very fanservice but very nice too. I wonder if those arts are unlockable in the game.

Does anyone know if the game will unlock at Midnight Thursday on digital?

I thought I was gonna get it a day early but the e-tailers got cautioned by ass EA for sending FIFA out early and now they are all peeing themselves about sending things early in the week.

Fawk yearly dirt football scams, fawk them! :( :( :(

I'm pretty sure they're going to be DLC. Highly popular, requested, marketable, have new designs, and unique voice actors. No way they have nothing more planned for them.
I really want to believe this too and I definitely have the same train of thought of as you with how likely it looks, but I'm also so scared to accept it because if I convince myself I'll get Amy eventually and then I don't, I'll legit feel crushed.

One thing that doesn't look good is when you first meet her in Raph's story, you unlock her Museum profile, but I'm imagining it's just laid out like a typical NPC and in that case I can't imagine her ever being playable unless her DLC would also change her museum entry to look like the rest of the cast's but for some reason I can't imagine them doing that :(

I wish I shared the rest of you's optimism regarding her being in.
"Hope leads only to despair..." :sc4amy1:
I've watched the story too and it definitely sounds a bit like Heather but she's altered the way she performs Amy slightly. As a child, she sounds much more like her SCIV self, but with some tweaks (that I personally find way more endearing and adorable because she hasn't got that arrogance that she had in SCIV). Her older self for me loses a lot of her uniqueness and charm. She sounds too 'normal' and isn't remotely emo anymore and at times she reminded me of just typical American high-school girl :/. My assumption is that this is because she was probably like this before Soul Edge fucked her and Raphael up. When I imagine a playable Amy using that voice I feel a little sad but I'd take it over nothing.

The last few times I’ve seen the Amy quote, it’s been wrong. It’s disappointment, not despair. I think you guys are getting more depressed. But if we can have a non-malfested Raphael, then I can also be supportive of a non-malfested Amy. Kind of excited to see this, actually. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. I don’t imagine being an orphan is particularly pleasant, but she manages a random act of kindness anyway for a complete stranger, and then that stranger repays her kindness by taking her out of the slums and giving her a better life. That absolutely sounds like she would have her spirits lifted. It could also be the hope that is mentioned in her legendary quote. Which will lead to disappointment when they become malfested in the next game.

The last few times I’ve seen the Amy quote, it’s been wrong. It’s disappointment, not despair. I think you guys are getting more depressed. But if we can have a non-malfested Raphael, then I can also be supportive of a non-malfested Amy. Kind of excited to see this, actually. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. I don’t imagine being an orphan is particularly pleasant, but she manages a random act of kindness anyway for a complete stranger, and then that stranger repays her kindness by taking her out of the slums and giving her a better life. That absolutely sounds like she would have her spirits lifted. It could also be the hope that is mentioned in her legendary quote. Which will lead to disappointment when they become malfested in the next game.
You mean like actual character development? Sounds awesome to me. I love it actually. Makes it all the more tragic.

The last few times I’ve seen the Amy quote, it’s been wrong. It’s disappointment, not despair. I think you guys are getting more depressed.
You're correct in my being more depressed, haha, but in Raph's story, child Amy does indeed say "Hope leads only to despair" instead of "Hope only brings disappointment". :)

Back