Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'll stay moderately hopeful for Amy. Feels like her comeback is due but there are just sooo many possible candidates.
Does this helps?
Her new dress from ther artwork was rendered :o

Attachments

• Dp7ps6pU4AABIJI.jpg
    Dp7ps6pU4AABIJI.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 395
Okay, so, what about instead of a Season 2 we get a "Super" expansion ala SFIV or Blazblue titles?
Hilde, Setsuka, Algol, Yun Seong, etc...
An extended story mode that covers Soul Calibur II through IV. Adding the 2P costumes for each character, being this ones based in the ones from that time period (vampire Raphael, Soul Calibur wielder Siegfried, bodyless Nightmare...)

I can pay 40 bucks for that.

Okay, so, what about instead of a Season 2 we get a "Super" expansion ala SFIV or Blazblue titles?
An extended story mode that covers Soul Calibur II through IV. Adding the 2P costumes for each character, being this ones based in the ones from that time period (vampire Raphael, Soul Calibur wielder Siegfried, bodyless Nightmare...)

Add Chronicles of sword back and i'll pay full price for this expansion.

First impressions: Amount of equipment for CAS is abysmal, though having the 1Ps is a small saving grace. Mock battle in CAS seemed kinda laggy? Fights in Soul Chronicle feel excellent, though short. Super loving the detail they put into the story, even if it's visual novel style. Knight of Mare is hilarious.

It's a strange choice to put edited main characters in the creation slot instead of their normal slot...Hope that changes, but I guess I'll have a separate file for main character edits eventually. Glad they added more poses for CAS pictures, though.

Amost forgot: So much loading, wtf.

Last edited:
Is she really rendered..? I mean, it's hard to argue against her being planned then, right? Realistically..

Btw, I started making a great Setsuka in CaS and then realized they removed the bow(ribbon) from the extra equipment. Ugh, c'mon PS. Please give us some more to work with here. Your game is basically perfect but this CaS needs SO much more content, it's not even funny.

Last edited:

Make it a free update. I still haven't bought Guilty Gear because they still do that "pay more money to play this game you already spent full price on" garbage with updates.

Sounds cool, but I feel like they'll save that for SCVII.

Hello!! I did have a lot of questions in my Twitch Stream, so I did compile some of them in a video, this a short tutorial where I explain with examples all the differents and specific ways to deal with an opponnent who abuse Reversal Edge.

Sorry if it isn't polished like my other video, but I did it quickly so everyone can have the important information quickly. I hope this will help tons of player, and you will be able to deal with Reversal Edge!

Maybe I will have the time to do a polished version when I will find other important things about how to deal with Reversal Edge!

Anyway thank you all for watching my stream, come to see me also today if you have questions about mechanics or specific characters.

Last edited:
Edgemaster is rendered too, but looks like a copy from SCV.

Hope we get news on the CaS DLC soon.
The weird thing with Amy is she looks copy-pasted from SCIV/Lost Souls with regards to her face and hair (despite her hair being tweaked slightly in the actual Soul Chronicle art) but she has her new outfit so the obviously did render that differently at least, but I dunno why they didn't tweak her hair too outside of laziness.

Yeah definitely need CaS DLC sooner rather than later. As it is right now I barely have any inspiration for it.

Anyone have any idea when we might have the next DLC Character announcement now that the game is out?

Got some playtime in last night. Good fun!! Here are a few observations.

1. Libra of Souls CAS parts...…….Yeah, that's a serious lack of selection. Fortunately, it had (most of the) parts that I can use for my CAS. But they definitely need to add more parts. And real parts, not more silly stuff like Kitty heads or sexy bikinis.

2. I didn't notice any real input lag while playing offline matches on my Xbox One X. However, I did notice some lag while navigating the menus or selecting characters in Arcade Mode. Like, you press A to select, but there's a few second delay before the selection goes through. Anyone else notice that on Xbox or PS4?

3. Also, jiggle. lots of jiggle...…………...

Anyone else notice that on Xbox or PS4?
Yeah, big time. Had the same problem in the menus. Also I had a moment where on the character select screen in versus, I navigated to a character but it didn't actually show the cursor moving until a second after I'd finished inputting the full movement for it :S So strange that that's even an issue.

Back